HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Old
04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
hongkongphoey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
Maybe you should ask Pontarelli yourself,as I'm sure he will give you a different answer...as for being shocked Cornwall is up 3-1..really? Cornwall beat Nepean 4 outta 5 games this year...no shocker there...

Durocher is a very talented player,it's PG's style of coaching that is holding him back...Just look at Williams..PG has him chasing Pontarelli all game and you can see the poor kid is clearly frustrated with this.

Maybe Nepean should stick to their game that got them here....
Late November Nepean was 720 winning percentage. What did pg do? Broke up second line, put a player who was third in goal scoring on the team and at PPG and put him in a checking role, got rid of a very good dman and brought in forwards that ruined the chemistry of the team. Durocher, Therein have been disappointing. Norris has been lost since the fall and no line other than the first has been kept together for more than a few games. Has to have an impact in the room.

The first line, goaltending, pk and defense got them here but it will end tonight. A lost opportunity. Subtraction by addition. They had chemistry and lost it. Cornwall is the better team and this season the better coach. They will represent the league well.

hongkongphoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
CoasttoCoast

but it will end tonight.

Ooops you got that one wrong.
I've been critical or at least skeptical of some of these moves myself but to describe Nepeans season, or PG as a disaster this year is ridiculous. They beat two good teams to get to the final.
I've been disappointed with nepean's offense this post season, but they've had enough to get here.
Durocher may have been the best forward on the ice for either team tonight, he played well.
A stat I love, Nepean has won eight elimination games in a row against CCHL opponents in the last 2 post seasons, 8 & 0.
Last year Pembroke game 6&7
Cornwall game 6&7
Kanata FPC semi
This year Ottawa game 6&7
Cornwall game 5
Of course they lost to Woodstock outside of our league, 8&1 is an incredible record. They are a very tough to eliminate. Of course now that I have pointed this out, I've jinxed them, but I think it is a awesome record.
The game tonight was excellent at times, well worth the gas money.

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 04-22-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: stuff
CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Off the Boards

Great fast series between two very teams. I had predicted the Colts in 5 games but the want of the Raiders is very strong and Zawadski is very focus.

Last night's game was very entertaining, kudos to a team on the rope and unfortunate for the colts they seemed uninterested in ending this affair.

Nepean showed some very unclassy acts at the end of the game with a two handed chop that tried to take pontarelli's leg off and when he tried to go after thje culprit Zawadski gave him one as well very unclassy. The Nepean Raiders are proving to be an extremely classeless organization, you could believe this would happen against CP but not even they stooped that low. I am not saying that thge Colts are angels (ie: Gendron) but to use a stick (weapon) to try and hurt and put somebody out is dispicable.

Botyh teams shouldstick to hockey ands play the game like they know how.

Off the Boards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Off the Boards

Great fast series between two very teams. I had predicted the Colts in 5 games but the want of the Raiders is very strong and Zawadski is very focus.

Last night's game was very entertaining, kudos to a team on the rope and unfortunate for the colts they seemed uninterested in ending this affair.

Nepean showed some very unclassy acts at the end of the game with a two handed chop that tried to take pontarelli's leg off and when he tried to go after the culprit Zawadski gave him one as well very unclassy. The Nepean Raiders are proving to be an extremely classless organization, you could believe this would happen against CP but not even they stooped that low. I am not saying that the Colts are angels (i.e.: Gendron) but to use a stick (weapon) to try and hurt and put somebody out is despicable.

Both teams should stick to hockey and play the game like they know how.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Ottawa Guy

Great series so far and now with some emotions starting escalate the intensity should just get better.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:01 AM
BadgerKnight

Who's Left for the Royal Bank Cup

For the three regional cup tournaments, the only participant not decided is the local CCHL representative. The host team is a finalist in the MHL & NOJHL so the two finalists will be at their respective cup tournament.

Fred Page Cup
CCHL-Cornwall Colts leads Nepean Raiders;3-2
LHJAAAQ - College Francais Longueuil
MHL- Summerside Capitals leads Truro Bearcats; 3-1
Host-Truro Bearcats

Dudley-Hewitt Cup
OJHL-St. Michaels Buzzers
SIJHL-Minnesota Wilderness
NOJHL-North Bay Trappers leads Sault Ste Marie Thunderbirds; 3-2
Host-North Bay Trappers

Western Canada Cup
AJHL-Brooks Bandits
BCJHL-Surrey Eagles
MJHL-Steinbach Pistons
SJHL- Yorkton Terriers
Host-Nanaimo Clippers

Of the remaining thirteen teams still in the hunt, eight of these teams (in black) were on the CJHL's last ranking of February 11/13 while the other ranked teams (in red) have had their season end. If the honourable mentions are included the number bumps to nine teams with the inclusion of Cornwall.

1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Minnesota Wilderness (SIJHL) (2)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (3)
4. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (6)
5. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)(8)
6. Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) (4)
7. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (7)
8. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (5)
9. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (10)
10. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (12)
11. Yarmouth Jr. 'A' Mariners (MHL) (9)
12. Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL) (11)

13. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (13)
14. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (14)
15. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (15)
16. Melville Millionaires (SJHL) (17)
17. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (18)

18. North Bay Trappers (NOJHL) (16)
19. College Francais de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (20)
20. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (HM)

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
sportsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post

Nepean showed some very unclassy acts at the end of the game with a two handed chop that tried to take pontarelli's leg off and when he tried to go after the culprit Zawadski gave him one as well very unclassy. The Nepean Raiders are proving to be an extremely classless organization, you could believe this would happen against CP but not even they stooped that low. I am not saying that the Colts are angels (i.e.: Gendron) but to use a stick (weapon) to try and hurt and put somebody out is despicable.

Both teams should stick to hockey and play the game like they know how.
Amen brother! A couple of the classless players from Napean showed their colors AFTER the game was over. It's the ugly part of the game. I'm with you - I hope to see an exciting game without any injuries tomorrow night. This is where the coaches need to step up and make it clear to the players that it's about playing their best, playing tough, trying to win without turning it into an all-out brawl. And, the refs need to punish the players that go beyond the limit of acceptabe behavior. SPEARING in the mid-section after the game is over clearly crosses that line.

I wouldn't say the whole organization is at fault, but I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow night. If it escalates, then clearly the coaching and/or the officiating will be responsible to some degree. I feel that the Colts are on the right side of the fence on this one; there will be no head-hunting on their part, pretty sure. I guess we'll be the judge of both teams' behavior tomorrow night.

Praying for one heck of a game like the last 2 before the ugly incident after the siren last night.

sportsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude View Post
Amen brother! A couple of the classless players from Napean showed their colors AFTER the game was over. It's the ugly part of the game. I'm with you - I hope to see an exciting game without any injuries tomorrow night. This is where the coaches need to step up and make it clear to the players that it's about playing their best, playing tough, trying to win without turning it into an all-out brawl. And, the refs need to punish the players that go beyond the limit of acceptabe behavior. SPEARING in the mid-section after the game is over clearly crosses that line.

I wouldn't say the whole organization is at fault, but I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow night. If it escalates, then clearly the coaching and/or the officiating will be responsible to some degree. I feel that the Colts are on the right side of the fence on this one; there will be no head-hunting on their part, pretty sure. I guess we'll be the judge of both teams' behavior tomorrow night.

Praying for one heck of a game like the last 2 before the ugly incident after the siren last night.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Off the Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post

Good rebuttal, vary classy.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Good rebuttal, vary classy.

And maybe you should learn to spell. Reading your posts is painful.

Here's a rebuttal.......

No mention of the Gendron head check sportdude? Only Nepean player's are dangerous I see. Why did Pontarelli get 4 minutes at the end of the game? I guess it wasn't his fault. I'm sure there would have been zero complaints had you won the game.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 04-23-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
sportsdude

Quote:

Here's a rebuttal.......

No mention of the Gendron head check sportdude? Only Nepean player's are dangerous I see. Why did Pontarelli get 4 minutes at the end of the game? I guess it wasn't his fault. I'm sure there would have been zero complaints had you won the game.

Oh, I see where you're coming from... You're justifying Norris' disgusting incident after the game as a tit-for-tat for Gendron's bonehead hit? Yeah, your probably right about #9... he should have just gingerly skated away after that spear to the groin. OY VEY! I'd rather read bad spelling than endure your warped logic.

Hey OTB, Ott66 has the right to call me a crybaby, and I do appreciate you recognizing his level of class - good man!

GO COLTS!

Old
04-23-2013, 03:45 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:

Oh, I see where you're coming from... You're justifying Norris' disgusting incident after the game as a tit-for-tat for Gendron's bonehead hit? Yeah, your probably right about #9... he should have just gingerly skated away after that spear to the groin. OY VEY! I'd rather read bad spelling than endure your warped logic.

Hey OTB, Ott66 has the right to call me a crybaby, and I do appreciate you recognizing his level of class - good man!

GO COLTS!
The spear was before the game was over, I missed it but it was described to me, no excuse for it. But i saw a nasty 2 handed slash to the back of Watt's ankle that sent him hobbling to the bench, no angels out there playing for the colts. #9, in his understandable rage, was the guy who hammered a nepean player against the boards, 3 second after the game ended. All of this was a small part of a great game. Nepean has been the poster boy for the league for almost 2 years, now they are classless?? Was'nt you the one complaining about other people running down your team to make themselves feel better?

Old
04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
For the three regional cup tournaments, the only participant not decided is the local CCHL representative. The host team is a finalist in the MHL & NOJHL so the two finalists will be at their respective cup tournament.

Fred Page Cup
CCHL-Cornwall Colts leads Nepean Raiders;3-2
LHJAAAQ - College Francais Longueuil
MHL- Summerside Capitals leads Truro Bearcats; 3-1
Host-Truro Bearcats

Dudley-Hewitt Cup
OJHL-St. Michaels Buzzers
SIJHL-Minnesota Wilderness
NOJHL-North Bay Trappers leads Sault Ste Marie Thunderbirds; 3-2
Host-North Bay Trappers

Western Canada Cup
AJHL-Brooks Bandits
BCJHL-Surrey Eagles
MJHL-Steinbach Pistons
SJHL- Yorkton Terriers
Host-Nanaimo Clippers

Of the remaining thirteen teams still in the hunt, eight of these teams (in black) were on the CJHL's last ranking of February 11/13 while the other ranked teams (in red) have had their season end. If the honourable mentions are included the number bumps to nine teams with the inclusion of Cornwall.

1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Minnesota Wilderness (SIJHL) (2)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (3)
4. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (6)
5. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)(8)
6. Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) (4)
7. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (7)
8. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (5)
9. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (10)
10. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (12)
11. Yarmouth Jr. 'A' Mariners (MHL) (9)
12. Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL) (11)

13. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (13)
14. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (14)
15. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (15)
16. Melville Millionaires (SJHL) (17)
17. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (18)

18. North Bay Trappers (NOJHL) (16)
19. College Francais de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (20)
20. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (HM)
Cool Fact is 2 of the four FPC qualifiers will go to the RBC!!!!
Summerside is hosting RBC, so if they make the FPC final, the other finalist automatically advances to RBC! Great oppurtunity for Cornwall or Nepean.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:38 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:

GO COLTS!
This coming from a Cornwall fan??? Hah!!!!

Old
04-23-2013, 05:07 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:

Here's a rebuttal.......

Come out and watch the games 66 before you go spewing garbage out of your mouth again ...clueless
....oh yea...your team lost to the Colts..You mad bro????

Last edited by HockeyFan67: 04-23-2013 at 05:33 PM.
HockeyFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:09 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
This coming from a Cornwall fan??? Hah!!!!
And this coming from a CP fan...lol....too funny 66

Old
04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Play nice lads.

All I meant Super Colts Fan was that the Raiders on paper are a better team than Cornwall with more in the way of secondary scoring.

I've been floored by how well Piccolino has played, and MacInnis made special note of his goaltender when I interviewed him after their Game Four win.

The complexion of the series has changed completely with Nepean's decisive win in Game Five.

Game Six is going to be an all out slugfest, and from an objective standpoint I can easily see the purpose of the Raiders taking runs at/hacking at Pontarelli. He's been killing them. Every time he's on the ice, he creates something. He's a special player and in the league finals, I can understand why a team would be frustrated with that.

Thursday night in Nepean is going to be one hell of a game!

connor macdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Good rebuttal, very classy.

Wouldn't expect nothing less of 66

Old
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Come out and watch the games 66 before you go spewing garbage out of your mouth again ...clueless
....oh yea...your team loss to the Colts..You mad bro????
That's "lost". Must be some pretty bad schools in Cornwall.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:30 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Play nice lads.

All I meant Super Colts Fan was that the Raiders on paper are a better team than Cornwall with more in the way of secondary scoring.

I've been floored by how well Piccolino has played, and MacInnis made special note of his goaltender when I interviewed him after their Game Four win.

The complexion of the series has changed completely with Nepean's decisive win in Game Five.

Game Six is going to be an all out slugfest, and from an objective standpoint I can easily see the purpose of the Raiders taking runs at/hacking at Pontarelli. He's been killing them. Every time he's on the ice, he creates something. He's a special player and in the league finals, I can understand why a team would be frustrated with that.

Absolutely Demons...it's gonna be a great game...too bad it's gonna be on ice #2...not so great for the fans too watch.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
That's "lost". Must be some pretty bad schools in Cornwall.
Wow...is that the best you got????

Hoked on fonix werked fer me....lol

Old
04-23-2013, 05:39 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:

Correction sir....Wednesday night....hopefully there won't be a Thursday night...

Old
04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Kings87

Quote:
Absolutely Demons...it's gonna be a great game...too bad it's gonna be on ice #2...not so great for the fans too watch.
Nepean gets kicked out of their Yzerman arena...again. Game 6 will be played in the Sportsplex rink 2, that can maybe hold 600 fans. Check out article in today's Cornwall Standard Freeholder
http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...me-6-in-nepean

Also, nice to see article in today's Ottawa Citizen on last night's game.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...505/story.html

Kings87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 03:54 AM
sportsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
The spear was before the game was over, I missed it but it was described to me, no excuse for it. But i saw a nasty 2 handed slash to the back of Watt's ankle that sent him hobbling to the bench, no angels out there playing for the colts. #9, in his understandable rage, was the guy who hammered a nepean player against the boards, 3 second after the game ended. All of this was a small part of a great game. Nepean has been the poster boy for the league for almost 2 years, now they are classless?? Was'nt you the one complaining about other people running down your team to make themselves feel better?
No C2C. I didn't say the whole team was classless. I used that term to describe the actions of a couple of unsportsmanlike Raiders AFTER the game was done.

Oh, and Ott66 thinks he's an English professor taking on the great responsibility of pointing out grave spelling errors made by members of the board. At least some of those comments make sense, unlike his hockey sense.

Back to you C2C, in the previous round CPC played dirty against the Colts and they got what they deserved. If they would have played more hockey and less of their version of roller derby on blades, they might have had a better chance of advancing. That's what I was refering to about head-hunting and attempts to injure; but I've moved on and this series is not like that. I had high respect for Napean until the ugliness after last game. Like I said, we will all be judging how things will proceed tonight. Hopefully we will witness a spectacular game... both teams playing at a high level demonstrating what got them to the finals.

Is that ok 66? Was I too whiney or cranky for you? Please don't label me a crybaby. Pretty please 66?

Old
04-24-2013, 04:26 AM
sportsdude

With all due respect...

Quote:
Play nice lads.

Dear Mr. Demon, if you check out the regular season between these 2 teams, and the finals, you will note that primary and secondary scoring on paper, or on the internet, is pretty even (slightly in Cornwall's favor). If you are refering to their overall stats against all teams, well then you have a fair point.

Colts #9 has been a part of their run in all 3 series, but to single him out has obviously not helped the Raiders. There are other assets on the Colts team that can make the difference, as we witnessed last game in Napean. Also, the Raiders have a few key guys that can help their cause, as we witnessed last game in Cornwall.

You are correct sir, the series just got a little more interesting. BTW, I really like the Yzerman rink, as others have expressed as well. IMO, They could have at least kept it open a few more days to accomodate two of the higher profile teams in the CCHL during the finals. What's your opinion on that?

Should be a doozy!