HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Old
02-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Tarzan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
The talk of the "Real Season", reminded me that I usually divide up the season by three. Before Christmas, After Christmas and the Playoffs (Real Season).
Before Christmas, the winner was Ottawa, over Smith Falls.
Since Christmas, so far, Cornwall is 12-1-2- 866%. Hats off to the Colts. I did not pick them to be strong, I thought this would be a rebuild year, not a reload year. They lost Hafner, Spinks, Borowski? etc. Congratulations to the Club, they play 5 of 6 at home to finish, they will get a top seed.
The Rest (Odviously injuries took a toll on Ottawa)
Brockville-14-3-1-805%
Nepean- 11-4 - 733%
CPC 11-5 - 687%
Ottawa 6-6-4 - 562%
Pembroke 7-7-2 - 500%
Da Bears 6-7-1 - 462%
Well this supports what I have said since day one. The Bears traded away forwards, brought in many forwards but only brought in one defenceman. I always said they needed better defence. Looking at what they traded to KV and what they got in return, I don't see much improvement. As a matter of fact...their record since the December trade has been terrible!!! Way to go Hugh, Grady and company!!!

Tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
end2endrush

not to mention theres little playoff experience on the bears, which is so underrated. sure byron and lussier can play, but do either bring any experience? this is where i think nepean has a leg up. playoff experience is so crucial and the raiders have a number of players that know what to expect, if z can get his game together nepean will be tough to beat in a 7 game series. to comment on an earlier note, pontarelli is my mvp hands down, with guerriro neil hedges right there. love the way blasko plays but what is he without ferriera and roll? he seems to get alot of 2nd assists. you consistantly see pontarelli putting up goal after goal in crucial matchups (hatty against cp).

end2endrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:13 PM
oldnucks

OJS with another loss, who will take the opportunity to grab first? Its anyones spot as of now.

oldnucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:59 PM
rinkrat11

i think cornwall is playing top hockey lately, i could see them moving into top seat soon

rinkrat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat11 View Post
i think cornwall is playing top hockey lately, i could see them moving into top seat soon
If the league finished today...and Nepean won it's two games in hand....the top four would be as follows:

OJS
Nepean
CP
Cornwall

(CP has more wins and thus gets the nod on the Colts)

So first really comes down to whom strings a group of wins together to finish the season. Raiders and the Colts would seem poised/in the best position of late IMO.

Grabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:05 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
If the league finished today...and Nepean won it's two games in hand....the top four would be as follows:

OJS
Nepean
CP
Cornwall

(CP has more wins and thus gets the nod on the Colts)

So first really comes down to whom strings a group of wins together to finish the season. Raiders and the Colts would seem poised/in the best position of late IMO.
OJS will be tough to beat out for the top spot based on their schedule. Kemptville x2, Cumberland x2, Gloucester and Nepean.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
OJS will be tough to beat out for the top spot based on their schedule. Kemptville x2, Cumberland x2, Gloucester and Nepean.
well if they can't beat Kanata there's no guarantees, may come down to the game against Nepean though.

oldnucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:28 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
well if they can't beat Kanata there's no guarantees, may come down to the game against Nepean though.
Kanata is fighting for a playoff spot and they have Lane. Kemptville, Cumberland and Gloucester are none of the above. Nepean game could be key.

Nepean still has Ottawa, Pembroke, SF, Cornwall and Kanata.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Cornwall's next five games are at home! They play Hawkesbury, Kemptville, Gloucester, SF and Nepean in that order.

They finish the season with one away game in CP.

Seems Nepean's games against OJS and the Colts may be decision-makers in the final standings! Not to mention they still have SF and Pemby as per an earlier post.

Teams certainly control their own destiny in terms of where they may finish!

Fun!!

Go Raiders Go!!

Old
02-21-2013, 08:54 AM
specialteams

Play-off Match-ups??

Do you think teams/coaches are standings watching?? Every position still to be determined including the 8th and final spot. Who matches up against who, may not even be able to plan against your opponent until final day of games? There are definitely teams which causes fits for some teams more than others. Will teams sit some players in order for a more suitable match-up which has been done in many sports...at the end of the day predicting upsets for sure in the first round.

Some teams definitely coming on, Nepean has some games in hand and have a shot at top spot, Cornwall consistently, CP and OJS tough couple weeks, Smiths Falls with Buonincontri back looking strong and can make some noise. Brockville is puttering along collecting points.

Home ice will most likely be the difference with last line change - looking for a great finish and can't wait for the "real season" where everyone is 0-0.

specialteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
hockeylifer

Quote:
Pontarelli without a doubt is the league MVP this year. There are certainly others (Blasko, Hedges, Watson, Guerriero, etc...) that warrant consideration but none have done what Pontarelli has done for the Colts this year.

If readers recall - some back in September were predicting the Colts to barely make the playoffs.

Well deserved.
Neil is no question the MVP for Nepean, Pontarelli probably MVP of the league.

hockeylifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Grabbers

Guerrriero with 38 saves and a shutout last night versus Cornwall.

Hawkesbury now four points behind Kanata with four games in hand.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Guerrriero with 38 saves and a shutout last night versus Cornwall.

Hawkesbury now four points behind Kanata with four games in hand.
But more importantly, if you're a CP or Nepean fan, Cornwall loses.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 02-22-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: sp
Old
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
But more importantly, if you're a CP or Nepean fan, Cornwall loses.
I think if Nepean can win on Sunday, against Ottawa...it would throw everything wide open...at least 4 teams would be able finish first

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
I think if Nepean can win on Sunday, against Ottawa...it would throw everything wide open...at least 4 teams would be able finish first
....and Nepean could certainly move ahead if CP, Brockville and SF all lose on the same night!

Old
02-23-2013, 09:01 AM
wrister82

Quote:
....and Nepean could certainly move ahead if CP, Brockville and SF all lose on the same night!
Another CP loss! are things slipping away there? Nice to see there was a big crowd though

wrister82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister82 View Post
Another CP loss! are things slipping away there? Nice to see there was a big crowd though
I made the trek down to cp...was a great crowd...i would say about 700 or 800 people....

Smith for plk was amazing....stop after stop he made on cpc forwards....cant say the same for cpc goalie...very average at best.....

CP had a 2-0 lead and was in total control until the last min of second period....plk was patient and we bounced on two turn overs from cpc forwards.....scored two in 34 seconds

refing was alittle off last night....edwards runs trowell with a dirty hit...only 2 min penalty....hreoriak hit smiths who is 6 foot 4 gets a hit from behind....and out of the game....as well...cp ties the game to make it 3-3 and white blows the whislte as they put it in...goal called back....

Overall great game for the fans to watch.....plk gets goaltending like that...we will be tough to beat in playoffs....

CPC gets goaltending like that...will be out in first rd.....

Cant wait for playoffs....

hardfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:37 AM
gusfring

Agree with most of that except I thought the 2nd period was dominated by PLK.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:42 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
I made the trek down to cp...was a great crowd...i would say about 700 or 800 people....

Smith for plk was amazing....stop after stop he made on cpc forwards....cant say the same for cpc goalie...very average at best.....

CP had a 2-0 lead and was in total control until the last min of second period....plk was patient and we bounced on two turn overs from cpc forwards.....scored two in 34 seconds

refing was alittle off last night....edwards runs trowell with a dirty hit...only 2 min penalty....hreoriak hit smiths who is 6 foot 4 gets a hit from behind....and out of the game....as well...cp ties the game to make it 3-3 and white blows the whislte as they put it in...goal called back....

Overall great game for the fans to watch.....plk gets goaltending like that...we will be tough to beat in playoffs....

CPC gets goaltending like that...will be out in first rd.....

Cant wait for playoffs....
By the way that so called goal called back never actually went in. The shot was blocked.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
By the way that so called goal called back never actually went in. The shot was blocked.
well thats good thougth it went in...good for smith...as mentioned...he was the difference for sure...

Nice to see a nepean fan coming to a game in cp...some pre scouting before playoffs...lol...

Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
CoasttoCoast

Ottawa 3 Nepean 1
Ottawa gets two PP goals in the third, Nepean goes 0-5 on PP, that's the game.
Ottawa goalie looked good, Robbillard and Janz looked 100%, Evelyn played well.
Actually thought Nepean had a good game, deserved at least a point. Hit 2 posts, had their chances. I think Hedges got benched for most of the third after he took a penalty. Especially liked Nepean's defense, gave up no even strength goals, and few chances, against a Ottawa line-up with all their forwards dressed. The Nep. PP was not only unproductive but quite bad at times getting out of their own end.
Zawadski looked good. Good Hockey game, just a disappointing result.
Nepean has Hodgson still injured.
Ottawa had Werthner? still out.

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:01 AM
PG

Are there any circumstances where a CCHL team can add a player to their roster at this point in the season?

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Are there any circumstances where a CCHL team can add a player to their roster at this point in the season?
Free agents had the right to sign cards up to Feb 10th.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Grabbers

Interesting Recent Results......

Quote:
Hawkesbury defeat Colts, SF, and lose to Pemby by a single goal. Kanata loses to CP in a shootout, defeat Ottawa. The final spot is coming down to the wire and these two are making a solid run of late!

Meanwhile amongst the top teams:

Ottawa has beaten Nepean twice but lost to Kanata, Pemby, and the Braves in a shootout.

Braves loose to Gloucester, SF and Nepean.

CP gets beat by Pemby, Cornwall, Hawkesbury and sneak by Kanata.

Nepean defeats Kemptville and Cumberland but loose to Ottawa twice.

Does nobody want the top seeds?!? Top teams going south at the wrong time of year!

Old
02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Hawkesbury defeat Colts, SF, and lose to Pemby by a single goal. Kanata loses to CP in a shootout, defeat Ottawa. The final spot is coming down to the wire and these two are making a solid run of late!

Meanwhile amongst the top teams:

Ottawa has beaten Nepean twice but lost to Kanata, Pemby, and the Braves in a shootout.

Braves loose to Gloucester, SF and Nepean.

CP gets beat by Pemby, Cornwall, Hawkesbury and sneak by Kanata.

Nepean defeats Kemptville and Cumberland but loose to Ottawa twice.

Does nobody want the top seeds?!? Top teams going south at the wrong time of year!
Not sure what you mean by top teams....but is this not called parity....any team can beat any team...great for the league...this parity will make for some good first rd match ups....