HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Spezza (Herniated disc - Back surgery - Out at least 2 months)

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil View Post
I suspect that the better we are doing, the longer we will wait before putting Spezza back in the lineup (which is also what we are doing with Andersson).
I wouldn't say we're doing well. We've been staying around because of all the loser points we collect.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I wouldn't say we're doing well. We've been staying around because of all the loser points we collect.
Hey GK.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:03 PM
2CHAINZ

vCash: 984
Just watched interview with Murray on TSN, said Spezza over did it one day and some discomfort in his back muscles which weren't worked out in a long time. BM said he was asked and he said Spezza will be a little a longer than he thought. There is no real set back Spezza is working hard, been back to the doc everything is in order. It is just a matter of strengthening the back, timeline is probably no later than what was first originally reported. Has left all decisions up to Spezza wants him to be 100%.

2CHHHHAAAIIIIINNNNNZZZZZ

Old
03-14-2013, 05:11 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

RDS reporting misinformation. Well I guess there's a first for everything.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

vCash: 50
Thats Hockey had a video of Murray saying Spezza had a set back from over use to early and will be longer than expected.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Milan the God*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
A week ago, Mendes said he could be back in 2-3 weeks and Dreger said a month.

Who knows at this point?
Murray told Mendes 2-3 weeks.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Montresor

Murray didn't really say setback... I think it's to be expected to feel some discomfort, I can stil see him coming back early April.. Hopefully

Old
03-15-2013, 12:35 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CHAINZ View Post
Just watched interview with Murray on TSN, said Spezza over did it one day and some discomfort in his back muscles which weren't worked out in a long time. BM said he was asked and he said Spezza will be a little a longer than he thought. There is no real set back Spezza is working hard, been back to the doc everything is in order. It is just a matter of strengthening the back, timeline is probably no later than what was first originally reported. Has left all decisions up to Spezza wants him to be 100%.

2CHHHHAAAIIIIINNNNNZZZZZ
I'm really happy a good post like this was followed by that signature.

I'd obviously prefer Spezza be back in a week, but we're not winning the cup this year, and when(if) we do I want his back to be 100% so it's best for him to take it easy until he's perfect.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

We don't need him ....

Old
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
TheOriginalSilf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
We don't need him ....

Old
03-16-2013, 07:59 PM
SammyTheBull

What is up with Michalek, he came back for a game or two, now he's injured again?

Old
03-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Magix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
need moar m.fishers instead of you know...actual skill.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Yokai

vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
What is up with Michalek, he came back for a game or two, now he's injured again?
Yeah still "Day-to-day" with his knee injury. It has gotten to the point now where I actually forget guys like Cowen/Spezza/Karlsson/Anderson are even on the team. Saw something with Cowen on it today and was like wtf? oh right.... we still have that guy! Ridiculous how much better this team could be.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:26 PM
harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montresor View Post
Murray didn't really say setback... I think it's to be expected to feel some discomfort, I can stil see him coming back early April.. Hopefully
Need to ask his wife how his back is doing.....

Old
03-16-2013, 11:27 PM
harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Yeah still "Day-to-day" with his knee injury. It has gotten to the point now where I actually forget guys like Cowen/Spezza/Karlsson/Anderson are even on the team. Saw something with Cowen on it today and was like wtf? oh right.... we still have that guy! Ridiculous how much better this team could be.
He willl need surgery in the off season... how many more can he have before the knee is toatally kaput.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:14 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
He willl need surgery in the off season... how many more can he have before the knee is toatally kaput.
When Spezza comes back i suspect Michalek will replace him on the injured list

Old
03-17-2013, 12:12 PM
blahblah3

They should honestly entertain trades for Spez as its highly likely his back is going to continue to get worse over time. Too much money riding on a bad back.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Do you think Spezza will be back before April 16th vs. Carolina? I'll be going to that game and I'm really hoping he'll be back by then.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:21 PM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post
They should honestly entertain trades for Spez as its highly likely his back is going to continue to get worse over time. Too much money riding on a bad back.
No thanks.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post
Do you think Spezza will be back before April 16th vs. Carolina? I'll be going to that game and I'm really hoping he'll be back by then.
It's likely if everything we've heard is true.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
There's a difference between entertaining trades and eagerly wanting getting rid of him.

I'd hope BM at least listens to offers...

Old
03-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
There's a difference between entertaining trades and eagerly wanting getting rid of him.

Why? What team out there that needs a #1 centre of Spezza's calibre and age has the assets needed to move him from us? You're talking about a huge overpayment and needing a #1 centre or potential #1 centre coming back anyway.

Such silliness.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:16 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:

Yep

You can't just ignore the all injuries and recurring back problems and pretend they're not there like Cujomi does. They ARE a problem.

This guy is paid the big bucks but if he's never in the lineup to earn that money, what's the point?

Same with Michalek. The knee/knees are a huge issue.

If you can get good trade value for guys who don't play, go for it.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Yep

You can't just ignore the all injuries and recurring back problems and pretend they're not there like Cujomi does. They ARE a problem.

This guy is paid the big bucks but if he's never in the lineup to earn that money, what's the point?

Same with Michalek. The knee/knees are a huge issue.

If you can get good trade value for guys who don't play, go for it.
Good trade value for Spezza?

It would mean we're getting a number 1 centerman back: who trades a number 1 centre for another? Anything else would be a bad trade (the Bruins did trade Thornton for spare parts and ended up getting better in the long run, but it took a lot of things going their way for them to become the top dogs they are now)

Michalek is a different story: I feel he would be much better on something like the second line; not that he's a misfit on the first but he just doesn't play to his best alongside Spezza. Michalek is a rush kind of guy, Spezza nowhere near as much and Michalek getting used to playing with Spezza downplays some of hockey smart (he does have decent vision, just doesn't use it/doesn't need to when playing with Spezza).
Michalek is perfect for our system but his injury-history is definitely a concern, his terrible playoff history as well. I'm a big believe in redemption however and I'm hoping that either Zib of Silf can slot into first line wingers thus allowing Michalek to maybe get slotted into the second line at which point I don't think I'd be looking to trade him for a year to see how that goes.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:24 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Good trade value for Spezza?

It would mean we're getting a number 1 centerman back: who trades a number 1 centre for another?

Michalek is a different story: I feel he would be much better on something like the second line; not that he's a misfit on the first but he just doesn't play to his best alongside Spezza. Michalek is a rush kind of guy, Spezza nowhere near as much and Michalek getting used to playing with Spezza downplays some of hockey smart (he does have decent vision, just doesn't use it when playing Spezza).
Michalek is perfect for our system but his injury-history is definitely a concern, his terrible playoff history as well. I'm a big believe in redemption however and I'm hoping that either Zib of Silf can slot into first line wingers thus allowing Michalek to maybe get slotted into the second line at which point I don't think I'd be looking to trade him for a year to see how that goes.
A proven #1 C isn't the only thing that would be good value in return for Spezza.

Closed Thread