HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Spezza (Herniated disc - Back surgery - Out at least 2 months)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
blahblah3

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I was hoping I could reply before it was already posted, but Spezza consistently brings it against the best teams. In fact he ups his games when he is playing against the top competition. Nice try though. Just another Spezza hater to add to the pile. Are you sure you're even a Sens fan?

Anyway...Karlsson isn't "obviously" our best player...if he were he would have gotten voted for the Hart over Spezza (the guy who never gets ANY credit from the league). Watch a highlight reel of Karlsson's points last year...nearly all of them involved Spezza. Karlsson himself admitted that when Spezza is on the ice he just tries to get him the puck. We see Karlsson's impact more because he eats so many minutes as a defenceman.

Spezza is still probably the best, and most important player on this team.
Nonsense. Against Boston for example, in 2010-11 season, 3 out of 5 games he didn't get a point. I could pull out many other examples but I don't want to. He is highly inconsistent and always will be. Even more so now that his back is ruined. You will see, unfortunately.

Was Erik paired with Spezza over in Finland this year?

Old
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
BondraTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post
Nonsense. Against Boston for example, in 2010-11 season, 3 out of 5 games he didn't get a point. I could pull out many other examples but I don't want to. He is highly inconsistent and always will be. Even more so now that his back is ruined. You will see, unfortunately.

They didn't play on the same team....

And you bringing a 5 game sample size from a single season doesn't help your argument, in fact, it makes it look desperate.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:18 PM
H2O

Quote:
Anyway...Karlsson isn't "obviously" our best player...if he were he would have gotten voted for the Hart over Spezza (the guy who never gets ANY credit from the league). Watch a highlight reel of Karlsson's points last year...nearly all of them involved Spezza. Karlsson himself admitted that when Spezza is on the ice he just tries to get him the puck. We see Karlsson's impact more because he eats so many minutes as a defenceman.

Spezza is still probably the best, and most important player on this team.
You're stuck in last year. EK is our best player now. He is top 5 in the league.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Magix

Quote:

Are you trolling? Random insignificant stats plus stating spez has suffered a career ending injury...

Me thinks you trolling.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:19 PM
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!

Just saw this on Twitter:

@TerryMarcotte: Bryan Murray confirmed to me tonight Spezza may not be good to go at playoff time.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:31 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv View Post
So much for Spezza being back earlier than expected. Ian Mendes definitely jinxed it.
Is he to blame for starting all of this?

Furthermore, where is the evidence that Michalek and Cowen will be ready for the POs?

Seems like a lot of hot air around here lately.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:

Just nonsense. Absolute nonsense. For example, this one time in one year Spezza didn't even get a point in some games sometimes against one of the best teams in the league!!! Just desperate...break down his stats from last year for example and you'll see he had just as many points against playoff teams as he did against non-playoff teams. The best part about that being that your elite players should have more points against bad teams where their dominance will show through more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
You're stuck in last year. EK is our best player now. He is top 5 in the league.
Karlsson looked great this year and was building on his season from last year, but last year Spezza was an absolute beast and he was injured almost right away this year (while being ppg). Also the time you really saw it was in the playoffs where Spezza completely controlled and drove this team forward while Karlsson was just an above-average player.

Anyway, it's pointless to argue these. There's always been a bias against Spezza on this team and I suspect there always will be. I hope that he comes back stronger than ever from this surgery and maybe makes our fans learn to appreciate him.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

I have had it up to here with Spezza.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:06 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
Just saw this on Twitter:

@TerryMarcotte: Bryan Murray confirmed to me tonight Spezza may not be good to go at playoff time.

Doesn't really matter. Team is almost as good without him.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:07 PM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senscore View Post
I have had it up to here with Spezza.
Yeah, you know, he only had major back surgery.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Doesn't really matter. Team is almost as good without him.
Should trade Karlsson too, right?

Old
03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

Spezza sucks guys but i cant back it up, im super cereal. Trust me guys. Guys im cereal.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
Yeah, you know, he only had major back surgery.

I have had it up to here with major back surgery too.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senscore View Post
I have had it up to here with major back surgery too.
Trade Spezza! Trade Karlsson! Trade Andy! Trade Michalek!

Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 PM
HockeySens

Quote:
Can't, theyre on IR

Old
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Spezza sucks guys but i cant back it up, im super cereal. Trust me guys. Guys im cereal.
Dude of the players since 2000 that are PPG over their careers Spezza is like the least likely to make the hall of fame ok

Old
03-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

Quote:

Old
03-28-2013, 10:18 PM
BK201

damn this guy is my favorite senator

i guess it's gonna be like a crap table just keep riding it out it's great for development this year.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:19 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Sens win the same amount whether he's in the lineup or not. Voila, proof.

Hale said it well, he's capable of being a great two-way centre. He was for a bit in 2010-11. But, he's not. Lazy and not as committed to defense as he could be. Watch Zib and even Turris... Spezza is not like them.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:29 PM
BK201

Quote:

Hale said it well, he's capable of being a great two-way centre. He was for a bit in 2010-11. But, he's not. Lazy and not as committed to defense as he could be. Watch Zib and even Turris... Spezza is not like them.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:

...and yet he was put out on the PK more than both Zibanejad and Turris combined. It's more like you see what you want to see through your tinted, Spezza hating glasses. Anyone that actually watched the team last year, the year before and early this season saw what most people in the league saw -- a player more committed to defence and actually playing above-average in all zones.

The Sens don't win the same amount whether he's in the line-up or not anyway...the stats have been brought up before. But keep peddling your non-sense.

I guess we should trade Karlsson? Our record is better without him in the line-up.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

Quote:

Old
03-28-2013, 10:38 PM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

Agreed with MAK. We win the same with or without the goaltender Spezza. His brother on the other hand we need him back soon

Old
03-28-2013, 10:42 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
...and yet he was put out on the PK more than both Zibanejad and Turris combined. It's more like you see what you want to see through your tinted, Spezza hating glasses. Anyone that actually watched the team last year, the year before and early this season saw what most people in the league saw -- a player more committed to defence and actually playing above-average in all zones.

The Sens don't win the same amount whether he's in the line-up or not anyway...the stats have been brought up before. But keep peddling your non-sense.

I guess we should trade Karlsson? Our record is better without him in the line-up.
How is he above average?

Zibanejad, Turris, Alfredsson, Condra, Silfverberg, Regin are all certainly better than Spezza defensively. Greening, Smith, Michalek are about the same level or maybe better than him. Spezza is Average at Best, I'd say below average.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:47 PM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

I think other fan-bases tell it best. We've been spoiled with having an elite #1 center like Spezza.

Closed Thread