HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
MLSE

vCash: 500
Fun comparison, but IMO Derozan and Kadri don't match. Derozan is what most thought he would be and then some. Never really had an outside shot or a drive game. Plus, Derozans work ethic >>> Kadri.

Phaneuf and Gay are a good one, they both come in and basically right off the bat will captain these teams.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Donmega

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfernandes29 View Post
It's also so frowned upon because as the team dribbling out the clock, you're trying to do the right thing by not running up the score further. For him to try to steal the ball is such a ***** move.
You forget he also didn't attempt for free pizza. Remember pizza in TO is the most important aspect of a home game.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:59 AM
fasteddy

do we play the clippers again this year?
If we do we dog butler all night and foul him hard. Show him what sportmanship is about.
I would have thrown the ball at the end of the game at him hard!
****** crap Play!!!!!

Is it me or are we getting no respect this year? officials, players.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
do we play the clippers again this year?
If we do we dog butler all night and foul him hard. Show him what sportmanship is about.
I would have thrown the ball at the end of the game at him hard!
****** crap Play!!!!!

Is it me or are we getting no respect this year? officials, players.
Respect is earned not given. But agreed we are getting it a lot worse this year then in past years. That's okay if we keep on winning, beating big clubs and turning heads down in the US Media that respect will come. We definitely have more talent with Gay here now so it might help attract more FA's too in the future.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Raptors president Bryan Colangelo, in the wake of the Gay trade, is now openly acknowledging that he's shopping former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani. The Lakers' interest in Bargnani remains a matter of debate in the midst of the Italian's worst-ever season by far, but the not-for-public-consumption message that continues to emanate from Canada is that Toronto remains intent on pursuing Gasol even after trading for Gay.

At a news conference Friday, Colangelo acknowledged that the Raptors are prepared to stray into luxury-tax territory in the "right transaction." One source close to the situation says Gasol is a guy who fits those parameters, depending on the rest of potential trade principals besides Bargnani.

So we'll see, over the next 20 days, if the Lakers change their stance on Gasol's availability ... and if Toronto can even assemble a package to tempt them without Jose Calderon's expiring contract to attach to Bargnani.
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ruths-deadline

Old
02-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
would we be the right fit for a guy like gasol?

02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
I'd only do it if Bargnani and one of Kleiza/Fields is going to the Fake show, NO ONE ELSE. I'd add a 2014 2nd if Chris Duhon was coming back to the Raps for some PG depth.too.

Pau still has a bit of game left and is only on contract for 1 more season so even if Pau is a complete stiff on the court we still get out of Bargs and Fields/Kleizas nightmare contracts and we get almost $20 off the books for 2014.

Not sure why the Lakers would do it though. They want all that capspace too for 2014 when all those big name FA's are available. I don't see this happening unless a 3rd or even maybe 4th team comes into play so the Lakers still get a bunch of space available for 2014.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Respect is earned not given. But agreed we are getting it a lot worse this year then in past years. That's okay if we keep on winning, beating big clubs and turning heads down in the US Media that respect will come. We definitely have more talent with Gay here now so it might help attract more FA's too in the future.
Too bad we have no capspace to sign FAs now.
Quote:
I'd only do it if Bargnani and one of Kleiza/Fields is going to the Fake show, NO ONE ELSE. I'd add a 2014 2nd if Chris Duhon was coming back too.

Pau still has a bit of game left and is only on contract for 1 more season so even if Pau is a complete stiff on the court we still get out of Bargs and Fields/Kleizas nightmare contracts and we get almost $20 off the books for 2014.
Yup. Bargs/Fields for Gasol+filler, or MLSE shouldn't do the move. Gasol is old, knees are breaking down and he makes 20 million. His contract is an albatross.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Brody
$$

vCash: 560
I think we need to go out and sign a legit PF this offseason, it'll be hard to do but they're are so many good players available this year.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:45 PM
topched

Quote:
I'd only do it if Bargnani and one of Kleiza/Fields is going to the Fake show, NO ONE ELSE. I'd add a 2014 2nd if Chris Duhon was coming back to the Raps for some PG depth.too.

Not sure why the Lakers would do it though. They want all that capspace too for 2014 when all those big name FA's are available. I don't see this happening unless a 3rd or even maybe 4th team comes into play so the Lakers still get a bunch of space available for 2014.
Bargs + Kleiza perhaps.

Kleiza's deal expires next year. That would be the only thing that makes sense.

I like Pau, he would fit really well into our system imo... but he's not a 20 mill player anymore.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:50 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
His contract sucks, so as others are saying I wouldn't want to give up anyone that has a lot of value. We could really use another good big man and I think he could help Val's game.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Gilmour View Post
Watching highlights of last night's game has me thinking that maybe.....just maybe, that BC knows what he is doing. But then again, he is in his last contract year so he has to win ands making a big splash he is thinking will woe MLSE into resign him.
I can't see MLSE getting rid of him now. He "deserves" to at least see this group that he's put together now have a full season next year.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
His contract sucks, so as others are saying I wouldn't want to give up anyone that has a lot of value. We could really use another good big man and I think he could help Val's game.
Ah cool. So is he the best we can do or do you think we can get lucky?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Ah cool. So is he the best we can do or do you think we can get lucky?
We can likely do better, but the price would probably suck.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Too bad we have no capspace to sign FAs now.

Yup. Bargs/Fields for Gasol+filler, or MLSE shouldn't do the move. Gasol is old, knees are breaking down and he makes 20 million. His contract is an albatross.

Ya I meant in 2014/15 when Gasol is off the books. We'd need to resign Lowry, and pick up the option's on Valanciunas and Ross but other than that we're golden.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Dwight K Schrute

I may be in the minority here but I think Amir is the perfect 4 for this team. A guy who gets his own and is happy not having plays run for him.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
I'm slowing starting to like the Raps more and more, and Leafs less and less.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
I'm slowing starting to like the Raps more and more, and Leafs less and less.
"bandwagon"

Old
02-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
I don't think so.

Gay, Derozan and Lowry all cut to the basket hard, they need less traffic in the paint not more in the paint to be succesful.

Gay really struggled from having Gasol and Randolph clogging up the lanes in Memphis.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
"bandwagon"

Shamelessly

Old
02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
We can likely do better, but the price would probably suck.
Ah cool.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Dharvey33

I've been following the raptors for a while with the way amir johnson have been playing this year maybe they can make a late push for playoffs. Gay Derozan must be one of the best sg sf in the league right now.

Off topic but i can't wait to see the jays too this year after the expos went away i started cheering for the jays. Think this is finally the year they make the playoffs.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
bargs + 2nd + kleiza for cousins

Old
02-02-2013, 02:51 PM
thatshype

Quote:

Yea, I agree with this entirely. We cannot trade any more assets, having already lost some good/great ones in Davis and an upcoming 1st.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
thatshype

BTW, I think acquiring Gay means we can put the whole "Wiggins to Toronto" discussion to bed now, guys. This team is DEFINITELY not "worst overall" material.

Closed Thread