HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Boozer + Robinson would be so good for this team, BC better be working the phones.
Nate Robinson barely belongs in the league.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Kb21

i like the boozer + butler for andrea + kleiza + anderson trade, if i had to make one. rids us of guys that only know how to score for guys that are good at defending/rebounding and don't require the ball.

Last edited by Kb21: 02-07-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
nates a great character and would be a fan favourite..

Old
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
nates a great character and would be a fan favourite..
he's also supremely selfish on the court and is even more of a chucker than Anderson. If he didn't have those couple of dunk conests against Howard to prop up his reputation, nobody would think twice about him.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
Lmao true. Nate and Anderson wouldnt work...

I hate Anderson like Homer hates Flanders..

Old
02-07-2013, 11:04 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

I think BC is waiting to see what else he can get for Bargs - I say if you can get Boozer now, and Nate to be our backup PG, you do it, and fast. Sure it will put us into the luxury tax hemisphere, but who cares, it's not our money, eh?

Win now MLSE, win now.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
based on the ESPN trade machine, Bargs/Fields for Boozer doesn't match up salary wise. It's $1m too much going to Chicago.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bd668s3

I can't see the Bulls including Teague given his youth and 1st round pedigree. But even if they did, his $850k contract isn't enough to make up the difference on its own.

The closest I can get would be something like Bargs/Fields for Boozer/Marco Bellinelli.
Kleiza + Barg works... though I don't know how much sense that makes for the Raps. They get stuck with Boozer and Fields contract. At least by getting rid of Fields, you can amnesty Kleiza.

I dunno, if Raps are fine going into that luxury tax area, sure, I guess keep Fields. He is serviceable off the bench and his contract becomes valuable after next season along with Boozer who would both be expiring and give Raps some flexibility.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Dwight K Schrute

Nike Hoop Summit ‏@nikehoopsummit
Andrew Wiggins stat line tonight: 57 points (24-28 fg), 13 Boards, 4 blks, 2 stls. He dropped 57, other team finished with 59. #wow

Kid is going to be unbelievable. Has generational talent written all over him.

In an article written earlier in the day, shots were taken at “The Canadian Jordan” as he was referred to.
“He was 100 percent pissed at the SI article degrading former players from Canada, his family and him personally,” Huntington Head Coach Rob Fulford told SNY.tv.
This report resulted in a Wiggins eruption, something he is capable of doing on a consistent basis (to some degree).

Last edited by Dwight K Schrute: 02-08-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old
02-08-2013, 12:38 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
Nike Hoop Summit ‏@nikehoopsummit
Andrew Wiggins stat line tonight: 57 points (24-28 fg), 13 Boards, 4 blks, 2 stls. He dropped 57, other team finished with 59. #wow

Kid is going to be unbelievable. Has generational talent written all over him.
Man oh man

02-08-2013, 03:21 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
he's also supremely selfish on the court and is even more of a chucker than Anderson. If he didn't have those couple of dunk conests against Howard to prop up his reputation, nobody would think twice about him.
Not true.

Nates been a really good backup since he left the Knicks, he doesn't chuck nearly as much as he used too and with him on board, we'd have probably the most athletic team in the league. Imagine putting out Nate, D-Roz, T-Ross, Gay and Amir! Dayyuimm that's one dirty 5 man unit. That team can run, score and dunk.

Plus he did this... Shot blocking machine.

LOL @ "Yao Ming is hurt!" Ya bruised ego maybe, considering that he got stuffed by someone 5'9.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:28 AM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

We need Wiggins. Trade anything and everything to get that 1st overall in his draft.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:52 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

congrats to ross on being selected for the dunk contest
I am not a big fan of boozer, but I take him over andrea any day
make the deal, plus nate isn't a perfect backup PG, but is much better than lucas

Old
02-08-2013, 08:55 AM
thatshype

Quote:
Agreed, and I was going to say the same thing. If the guy couldn't jump as well, he probably wouldn't be in the league.

Quote:
We need Wiggins. Trade anything and everything to get that 1st overall in his draft.
Quite impossible at this point. There's no way we could be bad enough to get the top pick, unless we get supremely lucky in the lottery.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:18 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
We basically need Gay, DD to get hurt and Jonas next year to be even close.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Leafsforlife98

The trade talk between Chicago and Toronto was first initiated by Chicago. They have interest in Bargnani as a player going forward, not just a swap of bad contracts. They think with Noah getting the boards and the pick and roll game with Rose, it makes a lot of sense to bring him into the fold. They were planning on using the amnesty on Boozer this off-season, so they don't think very highly of him or his contract. I say we use this as leverage, to try and get another team to pony up someone who fits our long term plan a little better.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Leafsforlife98

I say pass on Boozer inless they want to add a 1st round pick

Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
The trade talk between Chicago and Toronto was first initiated by Chicago. They have interest in Bargnani as a player going forward, not just a swap of bad contracts. They think with Noah getting the boards and the pick and roll game with Rose, it makes a lot of sense to bring him into the fold. They were planning on using the amnesty on Boozer this off-season, so they don't think very highly of him or his contract. I say we use this as leverage, to try and get another team to pony up someone who fits our long term plan a little better.
Well considering our biggest need is a PF, it's hard for me to imagine a 3-team PF-for-PF-for-PF trade.

The best PF that's rumored to be on the trade block is Paul Millsap, and Utah won't be looking for another big-man returning. They're looking to move Millsap to give Favors more playing time, so neither Boozer or Bargnani makes sense for them.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:05 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
I say pass on Boozer inless they want to add a 1st round pick
Honestly I think we're getting too picky here.

Bargs for Boozer is a great trade for us (pending the other pieces to even out the deal).

Its a bad contract for a bad contract, but no question Boozer is a MUCH better player for us than Bargs was/is. I prefer Boozer to Gasol who was rumored earlier.

Its like all of a sudden we heard someone is interested in Bargs and we assume the whole league wants him. He's one dimensional and has a brutal contract. Bringing in Boozer would solidify us at PF for the rest of this season and next. He'd be a good mentor for Val, and would probably make us a playoff calibre team.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:06 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

I wouldn't mind Boozer, when the two years is up we'll either have another PF drafted, or there will be a decent UFA. We'll have 15 million coming off the books and we can continue to build around our core.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:07 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I wouldn't mind Boozer, when the two years is up we'll either have another PF drafted, or there will be a decent UFA. We'll have 15 million coming off the books and we can continue to build around our core.
Agreed. Talent-wise Boozer is an accelerated version of ED. He makes us better.

We're stuck with a sh***Y contract either way. And I take boozer for bargs every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Not only that but Boozer is a shorter term then Andrea isn't he?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:53 AM
TOGuy14

Trading Bargs for Boozer (depending on the other pieces) would put us pretty much at the tax threshold for this year and next, with significant commitments for the year after that.

For a team with a record as piss poor as ours, that is a bad cap management with a lot of band-aids stuck on top...

Old
02-08-2013, 10:54 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Not only that but Boozer is a shorter term then Andrea isn't he?
Doesn't really matter, Bargs could be 8 feet tall and he would still be a terrible rebounder. Boozer is much better on the glass, regardless of height.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:55 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Trading Bargs for Boozer (depending on the other pieces) would put us pretty much at the tax threshold for this year and next, with significant commitments for the year after that.

For a team with a record as piss poor as ours, that is a bad cap management with a lot of band-aids stuck on top...
My two cents on this (and its been said before):

1) Who gives a ****? Its MLSE money if we're into the luxury tax.

2) How else are we going to spend that money? We can't attract top FA's regardless, best to acquire guys through trade.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:55 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Doesn't really matter, Bargs could be 8 feet tall and he would still be a terrible rebounder. Boozer is much better on the glass, regardless of height.
He said shorter term not height

Closed Thread