HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 10:58 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
He said shorter term not height
Thanks

02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Cool Hand Luke

vCash: 500
Bargs for Boozer is a no brainer. Especially if we could dump a guy like Klezia as well. I don't see Fields as being that toxic. He has a role on the team as a bench energy guy. Sure, he's overpaid, but who cares?

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with cap space. No one wants to come here. Why do we need so much flexibility? Look at all the cap space we got from trading Bosh. What did we do with that Player exception. Jack ****.

Boozer is a two time All-Star. Pulls down rebounds. Tough under the basket. Would be a great asset to the team and most of all, would be an amazing veteran presence, and this team needs more of that right now. Even with Gay coming on board.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wte8js

Trade works. Plus, no more SOFT euros.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:50 AM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Bargs for Boozer is a no brainer. Especially if we could dump a guy like Klezia as well. I don't see Fields as being that toxic. He has a role on the team as a bench energy guy. Sure, he's overpaid, but who cares?

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with cap space. No one wants to come here. Why do we need so much flexibility? Look at all the cap space we got from trading Bosh. What did we do with that Player exception. Jack ****.

Boozer is a two time All-Star. Pulls down rebounds. Tough under the basket. Would be a great asset to the team and most of all, would be an amazing veteran presence, and this team needs more of that right now. Even with Gay coming on board.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wte8js

Trade works. Plus, no more SOFT euros.
Largely, I agree with all of this. Boozer makes a boatload of cash but I'd rather pay him than line Bargnani's pockets with more pasta sauce. Boozer's contract expires earlier too, so for the people that DO argue for cap space, it's a smaller obligation than Bargnani.

And Fields...well prior to his surgery he was so bad at times that he was hurting the team. I'd say he's not really hurting the team much anymore, and especially now that we have a legitimate starter at the SF position to regulate him to the bench.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
FRIDAY, 7:58am: The discussions between the Raptors and Bulls happened over a week ago, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune, who says talks were initiated by the Bulls. Talks aren't currently active, but could be revisited by the Raps and could also expand to include Nate Robinson and John Lucas III.

Both Johnson and Neil Hayes of the Chicago Sun-Times suggest a deal is unlikely, since Toronto would be reluctant to take on Boozer's contract. According to Johnson, the Bulls are also not likely to amnesty Boozer this summer, assuming they hang on to him through February 21st.
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/b...-bargnani.html

Old
02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

1000 posts.

new thread in a sec

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Closed Thread