Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Your Top 10 Favourite Wrestlers.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:20 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 500
Your Top 10 Favourite Wrestlers.

Rank your top ten (or top 5, 7, whatever) favourite wrestlers ever. State when you started watching wrestling (i.e, 2002-2008, 1989-current day) and which wrestling promotions you watch/have watched. You factor in promo ability and in-ring skills only, not "drawing power" (I'm looking at you, Martini). If you like, you may justify your choices. These wrestlers can be from anywhere in the world.

Aaaaaand go.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Started watching in '94. I was seven.

1. CM Punk
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. The Undertaker
4. Bret Hart
5. Shawn Michaels
6. The Rock
7. Triple H
8. Daniel Bryan
9. Chris Jericho
10. Edge

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 01-16-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Ozz

Started watching WWF before I could even process it as anything; earliest memories go back to the mid '80s. There was a small smattering of AWA and NWA in the late '80s as well. Watched WCW from the early '90s until its demise, and short bursts of TNA and ECW.

My favorites:

- Roddy Piper
- Bret Hart/Hart Foundation
- Shawn Michaels
- Demolition
- Undertaker
- Triple H
- Austin
- The Rock

Can't really think of anyone else who I'd put way up there

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:41 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Started from birth (my mom watched it) but didnt understand until 99.

1) Steve Austin
2) The Undertaker
3) The Rock
4) Edge
5) Chris Jericho
6) Shawn Michaels
7) Triple H
8) Dean Ambrose
9) Kurt Angle
10) Dolph Ziggler/Bret Hart

Austin was just a total bad ass to me as a kid (and everyone). It led to a lot of middle fingers in kindergarten and standing against the wall during recess for orchestrating wrestling matches with other kids and give them all stunners.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:48 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Started watching sometime during Brand Extension, don't remember the specific year. '03 or '04 I think?

In no particular order:

-Stone Cold Steve Austin
-Christian
-The Undertaker
-Kurt Angle
-Edge
-Rob Van Dam
-Daniel Bryan
-Eddie Guerrero
-CM Punk
-The Rock

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 0
Started watching in 80s. My first real memory is WM4. I can remember Bret attacking Bad News Brown after the battle royal with the trophy as well as Savage winning the belt.

I will do this a bit different based on who I liked in certain times. Savage and Warrior were my first favorites. As were demolition.

Bret and Mr. Perfect were near the top of my list. In the early 90s

Always liked Undertaker as well as Kane.

Bret continued to be a favorite up till his retirement. Living in Calgary I have even got to meet him a few times which helped.

The Rock became a favorite during his time with the nation.

It took a while but SCSA eventually won me over.

Edge and Christian were high on my list. As were Jericho and Benoit.

I used to really dislike Shawn Michaels and Eddie Guerrero but have come to appreciate them in the past few years.

Currently I really like Punk and even more so Bryan Danielson.

I think part of the reason I like Bryan is that he is only a few months older than me and we have similar body types. Basically I look at him and think if I had pursued a career in wrestling as soon as I graduated (which had been an idea I had for a short time) I would be a carbon copy of him.

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
M.C.G. 31

Kane used to scare the **** out of me.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
1) Great Khali
2) Hornswoggle
3) Zack Ryder
4) Brodus Clay
5) Zach Gowen
6) Kelly Kelly Kelly.....Kelly
7) Lil Jimmy
8) Mike Adamle
9) Micheal Cole
10) Great Khali

HM

5969726) The Undertaker

@VM/CPRICE, whatever!

Your love for Dean Ambrose is nice and all, but he doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 yet...

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
1. Raven
2. Sting
3. Austin
4. Flair
5. Jericho
6. Angle
7. HBK
8. Punk
9. AJ Styles
10. Vampiro

Catch me on a different day and it may change a little.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Your love for Dean Ambrose is nice and all, but he doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 yet...
It's a list of peoples "favourite wrestlers", he deserves to be in the top 10 if he deems him one of his top 10 favourites

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:10 PM
RussianRocket10

I can't remember exactly when I started watching. I'd say it was sometime around 2001-2002. I believe my dad was watching it one time and I just got hooked on it. My friends used to watch it too which was cool but they all lost interest or grew out of it while I stayed interested.

- Kurt Angle. First favorite wrestler, not even sure why.

- John Cena. He's been my main favorite wrestler for the longest time. Something about his character and his rapping promos and everything just seemed cool to me as a kid.

- Daniel Bryan. I recently started liking Bryan during 2012 because of his submission style.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Prussian_Blue

Started watching back in the late 60's, watching "Wrestling at the Chase" on KPLR, Channel 11, in St. Louis.

Grew up with Verne Gagne's AWA and then World Championship Wrestling (when Dusty Rhodes was calling it "The Mother Ship"). Used to watch broadcasts from the Sportatorium in Dallas, featuring the Von Erichs and the Freebirds.

Favorite 'rasslers of all time:

1. Sting
2. Undertaker
3. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
4. Ric Flair
5. Chris Benoit (yeah, I know it's not "correct" to like Benoit any more; I liked what he did in the ring, which is completely separate from what he did outside of it).
6. The tag team of Baron von Raschke and Mad Dog Vachon
7. Roddy Piper
8. Junkyard Dog
9. Kane
10. Mick Foley in all his incarnations

HM: Larry "The Axe" Hennig, John Cena, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 01-16-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

I started watching wrestling in '97ish when I was around 4 and then stopped in '02. I started watching again in '06 and then watched casually from '08ish until the CM Punk promo in Vegas and I have been watching full time since then.

1. Owen Hart
2. Christian
3. Chris Jericho
4. Cody Rhodes
5. CM Punk
6. Shelton Benjamin
7. Bret Hart
8. Kurt Angle
9. Ted Dibiase Jr.
10. John Cena

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I started watching in '84. First live show I saw was at a local high school gym; JYD, Tito Santana, Randy Savage, and Superfly Snuka were on the card.

I've watched, read print magazines before the Internet and been a fan of AWA ( watching Hogan, the Hennings, Baron Von Raschke, Bruiser Brody, The Road Warriors), NWA ( Flair, Dusty, Magnum TA, Horsemen) WWF, WWE, ECW, and some TNA.

These are my favs, not necessarily the 10 best in no particular order.
Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, Undertaker, the Rock, Sabu, Dudley Boys, Sandman, Jake Roberts

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Started watching in summer of 2003 regularly until about 2007 or so. Kind of kept up with it then started full-time again during the Nexus angle. But, I knew what was going on during the Attitude Era from friends and such and sorta kept up with it from 2007 to 2010.

1. Shawn Michaels
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Kurt Angle
4. Chris Jericho
5. Edge
6. Randy Orton
7. CM Punk
8. Undertaker
9. Eddie Guerrero
10. John Cena

HM: Kane, Ziggler, JBL, RVD

Last edited by TheMurdocktor: 01-16-2013 at 11:14 PM.
TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:22 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Started watching in 1997 when I was 9. Thanks to YouTube, I have watched more than my fair share of WCCW, NWA, AWA, Memphis, Smokey Mountain, AAA, NJPW etc etc.

I am a midcard loving guy and I never attached to main eventers (living in Atlanta, the most attached to a ME guy I got was Goldberg in 98). Don't get me wrong, I like guys like Austin, Taker, Foley, Rock, Sting and most of them are great for the obvious reasons... but I never really marked out for them like I did for the guys on my list. Once I really got into wrestling and put my finger on the pulse I began gravitating to the "other" guys and I invested in them. Some of the names are guys I have seen since their first step in a major promotion and have followed them since step one until now, others I have gone back and watched as an adult and really see how amazing they were.

1. Christian
2. Raven
3. Chris Jericho
4. Brian Pillman
5. Kurt Angle
6. Roddy Piper
7. Kidman (terrible promo, but he had my mark-heart the first time I saw him do the Seven Year Itch)
8. Louie Spicolli
9. Eddie Guerrero
10. Love Machine

Shout out to my 2 favorite promos, Bobby Heenan and Jim Cornette.

HM to Scott Hall, Masato Tanaka, Mike Awesome, Bob Backlund, D'Lo Brown, Edge, Rhino, Mean Street Posse and Dean-o Machine-o

2 of the very first people I marked for died within months after I became a super fan (Pillman and Spicolli). I still remember thinking Pillman's death was a story and for months kept asking myself "Where did Louie go and why did he never have his match with Zybysko?"

Last edited by El Dandy*: 01-16-2013 at 10:37 PM.
El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:32 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:

Thread: Your Top 10 Favourite Wrestlers.

01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Older brother watched it during the Attitude Era but I was too young to remember or understand anything, so I started watching in '03.

1. Stone Cold
2. JBL
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Edge
5. Kane (I absolutely loved his run as a heel when he removed his mask)
6. Eddie Guerrero
7. Kurt Angle
8. HBK
9. CM Punk
10. Dolph Ziggler

Off the top of my head really.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Started watching in 80s. My first real memory is WM4. I can remember Bret attacking Bad News Brown after the battle royal with the trophy as well as Savage winning the belt.
That's one of my early memories, too. Bret raising the little wrestler trophy topper in victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
World Championship Wrestling (when Dusty Rhodes was calling it "The Mother Ship")
Way back when guys were a-clubberin' each other with plundah.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Megahab

I must have started watching when I was like 2-3 years back in 1987-1988 but I was too young to really follow any storylines. I guess I was just excited to see guys "fight". I started following the storylines in late 1991 right before Survivor Series 1991. I think that might have been the first PPV I ever saw. I was only watching WWE at that time but I did randomly watch Starrcade '91 and then watched a few WCW shows up over the next few months into early 1992. The last WCW show I remember watching was some PPV special in Japan, and I still remember there was a Sting and Great Muta vs. The Steiner Brothers. Then I didn't watch any WCW until the night after Bash at the Beach 1996. At that point I didn't even know Nitro existed and I just happened to flip to the show and see Hogan cutting a promo as a heel. It was such a new thing, seeing Hogan as a heel, that I got immediately hooked and followed WCW from then up to early 2000.

My picks are based on watching WWE from 1991 to today and WCW from 1996-2000. I never got into ECW or any other company.

1. Bret Hart - by far my favourite wrestler. My 2nd favourite wrestler is way below Hart.
2. Chris Benoit
3. The Ultimate Warrior
4. Owen Hart
5. Davey Boy Smith
6. Scott Hall
7. Chris Jericho
8. Booker T
9. Curt Hennig
10. The Rock

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Started watching around 96 when I was 5. WWF(E)/WCW/ECW

In no order because I don't feel like ranking them right now:
-The Rock
-Stone Cold Steve Austin
-Rob Van Dam
-DX (Mostly Outlaws and X-Pac)
-The Hurricane
-Chris Jericho
-Booker T
-Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay)
-Sting
-The Godfather

HM: nWo, Undertaker, DDP, The Dudley Boyz, Raven, Kanyon, Los Guerreros. I also really liked Cena in his Dr. of Thuganomics days.

Currently my favs are Sandow, Ziggler and Kofi (when he's not getting buried). Was a Miz fan until his face turn.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

1. Chris Benoit
  2. Toshiaki Kawada
  3. Akira Hokuto
  4. Dan Kroffatt (aka Phil Lafon)
  5. Steve diSalvo
  6. Hayabusa
  7. Sabu
  8. Mitsuharu Misawa
  9. Kenta Kobashi
  10. CM Punk

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

This is easy;

Dynamite Kid- Innovated wrestling and put smaller guys at a premium if they could come close to his work rate. Has matches that have been emulated down to the move and still cant measure up to the original.

Akira Maeda- Was the biggest draw in Japan with his extreme strong style and has countless imitators who pale in comparison. Is one of the grandfathers of MMA with his shoot style of wrestling and could have killed a drunk Andre the Giant. His UWF matches are considered classics. Sure he was a complete jerk and ruined Choshu, but the fact remains he was one of the best ever.

Superstar Billy Graham- Forget the fact he is a bitter human being and likes to blame others for things he did to himself, his first run as WWF champion changed the landscape of wrestlers who could work into an enviorment where Charisma could get you just as far. His promos were so ahead of their time you can watch them now and they are still considered fresh. He was the Rock on the mic 20 years before the Rock. He could work, as his matches with Dusty Rhodes still get played on my YT. Made the tweener character.

Hulk Hogan- The biggest icon wrestling has ever seen. Has two of the biggest booms in wrestling under his belt and nobody, even SCSA cant come close to the impact Hogan had. One of the best promo guys ever, could work but didnt have to do anything but fomulatic matches and still had people lining up to see him. Has two of the greatest WM matches of all time- Vs Andre and Vs Rock. But are culturally significant beyond wrestling.

Steve Austin-Pushed himself to the fore front by just being himself. Took the ball and ran with it even with amlost being crippled by Owen Hart. The main catalyst in the Attiude era, basicly saved the company by himself by beating up his boss.

The Rock- Promo king. Could work but did it in a entertainment style that hasnt been replicated since.

Kenji Mutoh- Forget his stellar run in WCW, his Japan work rivals some of the greatest ever. In his prime, could have been considered the best wrestler in the world. Got a great match out of Hogan and made Hogan work. Nuff said

Genichiro Tenryu- During the late 80's/ early 90's, was routinely putting on clinics of surpeme excellence. His match with Tsuruta in 2001 is one of the best matches you will ever see. Only person ever to pin Baba and Inoki.

Kenta Kobashi- Best wrestler of the 90's. Nobody comes close to Kobashi and one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Had the best match of Samoa Joes career in 2005. From 90 to 95 was pulling out the best matches in the world. Think Bret Hart is good? Is nothing compared to Kobashi.

Mitsuharu Misawa- Was stuck with the Tiger Mask gimmick to start his career then became himself and took off. Another wrestler who was putting on the best matches of the 90's.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
1) The Rock
2) Undertaker
3) Bret Hart
4) Chris Jericho
5) Edge
6) Stone Cold
7)Chris Benoit
8) Kurt Angle
9) CM Punk
10) Triple H

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:59 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
1) The Rock
2) Undertaker
3) Bret Hart
4) Chris Jericho
5) Edge
6) Stone Cold
7)Chris Benoit
8) Kurt Angle
9) CM Punk
10) Triple H
Hold on a sec! ... You're not allowed to go twice!

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote