HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 4 defenseman to Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
  #1
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Top 4 defenseman to Carolina

Carolina needs defensive help. IMO, Carolina needs a top 4, right handed, two-way dman to be paired with Pitkanen. McBain has been paired with him, but IMO, both Pitkanen and McBain are just too offensively minded. If we can pair a two-way guy with Pitkanen who can make up for some defensive mistakes, that would be ideal.

Gleason Faulk
Pitkanen XX
Harrison McBain

Guys that come to mind are:
Matt Niskanan
Cody Franson
Jason Demers
Justin Braun
Yannick Weber
I'm sure there are more..

I know a lot of Canes fans want Murray. I wouldn't hate it, but that basically solidifies the paring of Pitkanen and McBain, something I'm not a fan of.

As far as what the Canes have to give up: basically anything that's not Skinner, E.Staal, J.Staal, Semin, Pitkanen, Gleason, Faulk, and Harrison.

Jason Demers and Justin Braun interest me. What would it take to get one those players?

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
  #2
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Nothing really interests me from Carolina to make me want give up Demers or Braun.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
  #3
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Carolina needs defensive help. IMO, Carolina needs a top 4, right handed, two-way dman to be paired with Pitkanen. McBain has been paired with him, but IMO, both Pitkanen and McBain are just too offensively minded. If we can pair a two-way guy with Pitkanen who can make up for some defensive mistakes, that would be ideal.

Gleason Faulk
Pitkanen XX
Harrison McBain

Guys that come to mind are:
Matt Niskanan
Cody Franson
Jason Demers
Justin Braun
Yannick Weber
I'm sure there are more..

I know a lot of Canes fans want Murray. I wouldn't hate it, but that basically solidifies the paring of Pitkanen and McBain, something I'm not a fan of.

As far as what the Canes have to give up: basically anything that's not Skinner, E.Staal, J.Staal, Semin, Pitkanen, Gleason, Faulk, and Harrison.

Jason Demers and Justin Braun interest me. What would it take to get one those players?
I think Pittsburgh needs Niskanen. Other than that, are any of those guys you listed evan a viable a top 4 defender? (and Demers is out 4-6 weeks) They all seem like 5/6/7 guys to me.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:52 PM
  #4
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
I think Pittsburgh needs Niskanen. Other than that, are any of those guys you listed evan a viable a top 4 defender? (and Demers is out 4-6 weeks) They all seem like 5/6/7 guys to me.
Demers is playing next game most likely.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:53 PM
  #5
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
I think Pittsburgh needs Niskanen. Other than that, are any of those guys you listed evan a viable a top 4 defender? (and Demers is out 4-6 weeks) They all seem like 5/6/7 guys to me.
Jokinen was playing on the 4th line in Tampa when we acquired him. He went on to have a 30 goal season with Carolina.

Yeah, most of those guys are 5/6/7 players, but have potential to be more. Plus, I'm not really sure Carolina has all that much to give up for a stud defender. Could be wrong, tho.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:54 PM
  #6
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Nothing really interests me from Carolina to make me want give up Demers or Braun.
What are San Jose's needs?

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  #7
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,623
vCash: 118
J. Jokinen for Tallinder

He's a lefty but fits all of your other criteria.

Or you could take a flyer on Alex Urbom, NHL ready prospect who's younger and cheaper.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
  #8
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,405
vCash: 500
I think almost every team could use a top 4 dman, they are worth their weight in gold. Some of those players like Franson, and Weber from MON are not top 4 dmen.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
  #9
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
What are San Jose's needs?
We are not really interested in trading this players in the first place. We want to trade Murray so if you gave us a 2nd, he is yours. As I said in my thread we'd want similarly talented forward prospects for Demers and Braun. For Demers that means a good young 2nd liner and for Braun that means a good young 3rd liner/borderline 2nd liner with potential to get a bit better.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM
  #10
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We are not really interested in trading this players in the first place. We want to trade Murray so if you gave us a 2nd, he is yours. As I said in my thread we'd want similarly talented forward prospects for Demers and Braun. For Demers that means a good young 2nd liner and for Braun that means a good young 3rd liner/borderline 2nd liner with potential to get a bit better.
How about Tlusty and a pick for Demers?

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:08 PM
  #11
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
How about Tlusty and a pick for Demers?
Tlusty is no 2nd liner and I'd really hate to give up Demers.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
  #12
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
What I mean by a good young 2nd liner is a Kyle Okposo, Colin Wilson, etc.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
  #13
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far
 
Chicago Made Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Tlusty is no 2nd liner
Yes, he is.

Chicago Made Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:16 PM
  #14
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
Yes, he is.
Career high of 36pts in 79 games. That is not 2nd line numbers. I'd might do Tlusty and a 3rd for Braun but no way for Demers.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
  #15
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Tlusty is no 2nd liner and I'd really hate to give up Demers.
Well.. He's currently on the first line with E.Staal and Semin.. Tlusty started playing on the first line with E.Staal last year half way through the season. That's when he scored almost all of his points last year. Looked pretty good. Trust me, I'm not itching to get rid of him. I think I would prefer Demers. Plus, Tlusty seems like too much to trade away for Braun.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:19 PM
  #16
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Demers is playing next game most likely.
Ah..ok. Thanks

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:20 PM
  #17
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
Your best bet is probably Yannick Weber in the list as the signing of Subban has pretty much made Weber expendable.

Offer away.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:21 PM
  #18
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Well.. He's currently on the first line with E.Staal and Semin.. Tlusty started playing on the first line with E.Staal last year half way through the season. That's when he scored almost all of his points last year. Looked pretty good. Trust me, I'm not itching to get rid of him. I think I would prefer Demers. Plus, Tlusty seems like too much to trade away for Braun.
I wouldn't trade Tlusty for Demers. Tlusty for Braun maybe.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:23 PM
  #19
BlazingWithCharizard*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mississauga ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
i could see a deal for Franson involving Tuomo Rutuu if he's healthy. Tough winger who piles up hits and can score.

BlazingWithCharizard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
  #20
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,397
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
What I mean by a good young 2nd liner is a Kyle Okposo, Colin Wilson, etc.
If you're asking for Jeff Skinner, I doubt they'd trade him.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
  #21
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingWithCharizard View Post
i could see a deal for Franson involving Tuomo Rutuu if he's healthy. Tough winger who piles up hits and can score.
Out all year with a hip injury..so...

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
  #22
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
If you're asking for Jeff Skinner, I doubt they'd trade him.
Our most promising player.. so yeah, not even a question.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
  #23
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
If you're asking for Jeff Skinner, I doubt they'd trade him.
I'm not, I said there was nothing on there team that really interests me if we are trading Demers or Braun.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
  #24
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Your best bet is probably Yannick Weber in the list as the signing of Subban has pretty much made Weber expendable.

Offer away.
Problem with that is the Canes have a number of "offensive" type guys who aren't overly physical. Weber just kind of adds to more of the same.

Most teams aren't willing to give up a viable top 4 D at this juncture in the season, especially for what Carolina is willing to part with.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:27 PM
  #25
Miz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Girardi and Hagelin for Skinner and McBain?

Miz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.