HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks fall to Wild in Shootout (3-2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
2 goals on 4 shots, with both goals being pretty basic textbook saves is reason enough to pull a tender. Harding was having a real tough time against you guys right off the bat.

I have to say, Crawford's desperation save while diving to his right was very nice. From what I saw before and after our series 2 years ago, Crawford seemed very robotic and stoic in his movements/save selections. Glad to see he's getting the fight into him.

I'm guessing you guys are going to be starting Crawford on Friday? Were still not too sure who we're starting.
1st goal wasn't on Harding ,, He made initial save after his team let Bickell come in untouched and then Shaw scored after Wild again ignored player

Old
01-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Outside of his penalty not sure what your talking about

Another great night on PK and had a few chances late (One setup by Saad in OT)
He gave the puck away more than twice, makes the least of his chances, and took a terrible penalty. He's terrible.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Totally agree

Not to mention that line gets trapped in there own zone often

And really outside of game vs Coyotes the line hasn't been all that impressive
This is so funny. After the first two games everyone loves Bolland at 2C....

....now he doesn't produce for a couple games he is "unmotivated" and we need a 2C again.

Yeah, Bolland is the reason that line gets trapped in their own zone. Certainly couldn't have anything to do with Kane turning the puck over in bad spots every game.

Toews/Hossa/Saad haven't exactly been dominating the offensive zone the past couple games either.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He gave the puck away more than twice, makes the least of his chances, and took a terrible penalty. He's terrible.
Disagree, while its true he makes the least of his chances at least he's out there making chances... keeping the puck out of our zone.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Disagree, while its true he makes the least of his chances at least he's out there making chances... keeping the puck out of our zone.
Bollig does as much as Frolik as far as getting the puck out of our zone. Frolik hardly makes any chances, they get created for him and he just flubs the puck on net or misses completely.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
This is so funny. After the first two games everyone loves Bolland at 2C....

....now he doesn't produce for a couple games he is "unmotivated" and we need a 2C again.

Yeah, Bolland is the reason that line gets trapped in their own zone. Certainly couldn't have anything to do with Kane turning the puck over in bad spots every game.

Toews/Hossa/Saad haven't exactly been dominating the offensive zone the past couple games either.
Yeah I get what you are saying and agree for the most part, but HTS have been significantly better than the SBK the last few games.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Bollig does as much as Frolik as far as getting the puck out of our zone. Frolik hardly makes any chances, they get created for him and he just flubs the puck on net or misses completely.
Having a lack of offensive finish doesn't make you a terrible hockey player, as you've accused him of being. That's a bit extreme.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Agree that Frolik is somewhat of a nothing player. He won't hurt you or help you. He's just filling a spot until someone better comes along. I still can't believe he had back to back 20 goal seasons. I wish I could see a video of all of those goals and see how it happened.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Agree that Frolik is somewhat of a nothing player. He won't hurt you or help you. He's just filling a spot until someone better comes along. I still can't believe he had back to back 20 goal seasons. I wish I could see a video of all of those goals and see how it happened.
I would say Frolik is helping Hawks alot this year with his PK ability

Old
01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

If that is what a loss looks like then i'll happily take it. There were stretches of times when the hawks were outplayed but that happens to every team in almost every game.

I am concerned about the Hawks inability to enter the zone as of late. It seemed like there were a lot of times when they'd cross the blue line and turn the puck over and it was on all 4 lines. Patty Kane has also had a lot of turnovers on the boards lately which is weird.

However, i've yet to see a team that works the puck in the other team's zone better than the Hawks do. The Hawks are officially a puck possession team again and its great!

Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I would say Frolik is helping Hawks alot this year with his PK ability
He's helping, but not lots. His PK ability and defensive play has always been completely over rated by you ever since we acquired him. If Frolik comes off of our PK, it won't make much of a difference.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:37 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He's helping, but not lots. His PK ability and defensive play has always been completely over rated by you ever since we acquired him. If Frolik comes off of our PK, it won't make much of a difference.
Him being on the PK means that Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Bolland DONT have to be on the PK. Which means they are better rested, which means they're more effective.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Him being on the PK means that Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Bolland DONT have to be on the PK. Which means they are better rested, which means they're more effective.
Sharp and Bolland aren't great PKers anyway.

Shaw, Bickell, Saad, etc could be jsut as good as PKers as Frosuck.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

so far, I rather see Frolik on the ice than Bickell, Mayers, Bollig and Shaw. Think this will change after that weekend and Shaw will overtake him.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
so far, I rather see Frolik on the ice than Bickell, Mayers, Bollig and Shaw. Think this will change after that weekend and Shaw will overtake him.
Hmmmm. Let me see. Just last night Bickell was single handedly responsible for Shaw's goal. He was also throwing some punishing hits and going to the net. The 3rd line was the best line we had by a good margin. Frolik has been good at killing penalties for sure but he still can't finish despite numerous chances, and he took a needless penalty to put us in in a 5 on 3...... and it could have been called a major. That easily could have cost us the regulation win.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
PK was great, that 5 against the Swedes was a hell of a Penalty kill. Krüger can now officially be compared with John Madden version 2009/2010

OMG, you are crazy!

Old
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he has the same role. He plays the same way.

and yes, Frolik in 6 games was better than Shaw or Bickell in those 6 games

Old
01-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Thats like saying a turd sandwich is better than a giant dou. Che

Also, Kruger isn't even close to Madden of 09-10.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Blue Liner

Not sure how I missed the post about Kruger now being like Madden the Cup year but I wish I would've kept missing it. C'mon man. You can't be serious.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
RomersWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Hmmmm. Let me see. Just last night Bickell was single handedly responsible for Shaw's goal. He was also throwing some punishing hits and going to the net. The 3rd line was the best line we had by a good margin. Frolik has been good at killing penalties for sure but he still can't finish despite numerous chances, and he took a needless penalty to put us in in a 5 on 3...... and it could have been called a major. That easily could have cost us the regulation win.
Bryan Bickell(on pace/pro-rated stats)
82 games, 12 goals, 35 assists, 47 points, +24, 187 hits

demote him!

Old
01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Current PK leaders for Hawk forwards

Marcus Kruger =23:02 SH TOI = (3:15 Avg/game)
Michael Frolik = 20:43 SH TOI = (2:57 Avg/game)

Next 2 forwards

Dave Bolland = 13:03 SH TOI (1:51 Avg/game)
Jonathan Toews = 12:33 SH TOI (1:47 Avg/game)

Yeah Frolik coming of 1st unit of 2nd ranked PK unit in NHL totally wont make a difference despite him clearly being the 2nd best and most valuable forward on team on PK

Old
01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Current PK leaders for Hawk forwards

Marcus Kruger =23:02 SH TOI = (3:15 Avg/game)
Michael Frolik = 20:43 SH TOI = (2:57 Avg/game)

Next 2 forwards

Dave Bolland = 13:03 SH TOI (1:51 Avg/game)
Jonathan Toews = 12:33 SH TOI (1:47 Avg/game)

Yeah Frolik coming of 1st unit of 2nd ranked PK unit in NHL totally wont make a difference despite him clearly being the 2nd best and most valuable forward on team on PK
Ice time doesn't prove squat.

CC has been our best PK guy, followed by the Dmen. Moving a slug like Frolik off wont make that much of a difference.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:52 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Not sure how I missed the post about Kruger now being like Madden the Cup year but I wish I would've kept missing it. C'mon man. You can't be serious.
I thought Madden was pretty bad after the olympics and was among the most overrated Hawks of the cup run in 2010, Q made me happy by cutting him minutes for most of the playoffs though and everything worked out well.

Not sure the 2 can really be compared but picturing Madden in February or March 2010 vs Kruger, there might be a point to be made there.

If it is comparing that later winter/early spring 2010 Madden to Kruger, I'm not sure that's a good thing for Kruger. Madden was out of gas.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:

CC has been our best PK guy
I agree with that. I certainly wasn't expecting that to be the case this year. I'm still having a tough time figuring out who I like best on the pk units otherwise.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I thought Madden was pretty bad after the olympics and was among the most overrated Hawks of the cup run in 2010, Q made me happy by cutting him minutes for most of the playoffs though and everything worked out well.

Not sure the 2 can really be compared but picturing Madden in February or March 2010 vs Kruger, there might be a point to be made there.

If it is comparing that later winter/early spring 2010 Madden to Kruger, I'm not sure that's a good thing for Kruger. Madden was out of gas.
I don't know, I like Kruger but I'm still not ready to go there yet. Even when Madden was fading he was still good in the d-zone (not that Kruger isn't) and was good with board battles and didn't get out-muscled. I don't notice Kruger getting manhandled as much but he's still got some physical maturing to do which will come, but as it stands today it's not quite there yet. He's definitely improved as a player, though, and think he's being utilized better and that helps him.

Closed Thread