HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/31/13 "Airplanes" - Jets VS Panthers

View Poll Results: Will the Panthers FINALLY break the losing streak?
Yes, enough is enough 17 48.57%
No, this team is falling apart 11 31.43%
Would you settle for a shootout loss? 6 17.14%
They lost again?! I gave up after the 7-1 loss to the Flyers. 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 10:32 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

vCash: 500
On the way home how the heck did Upshall get 4 mins on that hit. They announced he got 2 for interference and 2 for roughing. How the hell do you get a roughing call when you get jumped? That was complete ********.

Huberdeau's goal was great. He was pissed looking at the ref for a penalty, then he saw the puck in the net and went instantly into his celebration.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:33 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
To be fair, he missed the net about 10 times and the goal was one we would've crucified Clemmer for.
I get it, but he didn't miss. Pavalec did and we deserved a few breaks.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
On the way home how the heck did Upshall get 4 mins on that hit. They announced he got 2 for interference and 2 for roughing. How the hell do you get a roughing call when you get jumped? That was complete ********.

Huberdeau's goal was great. He was pissed looking at the ref for a penalty, then he saw the puck in the net and went instantly into his celebration.
Nice not doing the walk of shame.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

hit to the head

Old
01-31-2013, 10:36 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Nice not doing the walk of shame.
Sure was.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:38 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
hit to the head
So he got a roughing call and an interference on the same hit?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Gonna try, may have to work. I'll let ya know.
Ok, goodnight everybody!

Old
01-31-2013, 10:47 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Going to have some victory drinks by myself in half an hour when I'm done work here watching the late games.

This. Feels. GOOD!

Old
01-31-2013, 10:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Getting some guys back, team looked a lot more like last year's, but injuries were just a BS excuse and heads were about to roll.

01-31-2013, 10:53 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I would have picked Flash or Kopecky.
Ya I would have went kopescky. Worked his arse off.

but he does that every game.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:21 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

This win feels better than any that I've seen in a long long time after five straight losses. Even after they were down, the team seemed to never give up and the intensity and energy was so much more obvious. Having Versteeg back to form and Goc in the lineup made a huge difference. Flash and Kopecky had an amazing game setting up all of those goals. Nice to see Huberdeau get his second goal and Shore just wouldn't quit. Give the poor guy a goal already. The defense seemed to play much better as well.

This really seemed like a game we'd typically see last season. Great to know that the Comeback Cats are back! Keep it up in Buffalo, boys

Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Lol, what's up with Kopecky's celebration?
That was his Rusty celebration.

-ghoste

Old
01-31-2013, 11:47 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

What is wrong with this picture?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:48 PM

I was at the game. Fleischmann is a beauty, please trade him to the Habs?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:49 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:

Yeah I noticed that too. Lindsay is looking good lately, lol.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:

He kinda does look like an Allison though

Old
02-01-2013, 01:57 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Great game tonight. A total team effort. These are the kinds of games we need in order to win. We need everyone going at 100%.

I'm going to go ahead and eat some crow when I said we couldn't blame our start on injuries. Goc and Steeg coming back has helped quite a bit, but I think most of it has to do with the team just gelling and getting back into the grove of things.

We played Tampa better and tonight we played by far our best game of the season. The reason I like this win so much (not just because it's after a 5-game losing streak), is that we kept coming back to tie it up before eventually winning it. We WERE the better team tonight. We skated harder, we got to loose pucks more, we played the boards better and passes were actually completed. This was a total effort. Theo didn't even have that strong of a game but the rest of the team played well so it was ok (another breath of fresh air compared to the norm). My observations from the game...

Drew *** SHORE. What can I say about this guy? I love him. His playing style, his nose for the net, his faceoff ability, he's got everything. I think he's a solid played to put between Mueller and Hubs, but in the long run he will be the perfect 3rd line center for this team. We all want him to score so badly but I fear now he may be squeezing his stick a little too tight and might not score for the next couple games, but I think once he starts the floodgates will open. He's ALWAYS there by the net picking up garbage.

Speaking of garbage picking, Mueller is awesome for that. He finds pucks that most players don't and is able to play them such skill and finesse that it's such a valuable asset. Someone in this thread said that they've never seen a Panther player handle pucks so well mid-scrum in front of the net. The way he scored that goal tonight was beauty. Within half a second he got the puck from backhand to forehand, then ripped it upstairs instead of shooting into the pads like usual. I love him as an acquisition and hope DT resigns him soon. Hubs-Bjugstad-Mueller would be scary good.

Steeg and Flash seem to be picking up from last year, let's hope Weiss comes back Sunday and jumps on board with them right away. I would love to see that line go back to their days at the beginning of last season.

Huberdeau is definitely improving game to game. For those of you saying he wasn't strong enough on that 2-on-1, keep in mind who was covering him. BLAKE WHEELER. He's a really, really big dude who can skate well too. If you watch the replay, Hubs fell because at the last second Wheeler lifted his stick and the angle Hubs was it, it just ended up tripping him. Looked almost like a penalty. The important thing is that he skated 100 feet protecting the puck from Wheeler. He used his body to shield Wheeler's stick to the best of his abilities. Sure it wasn't Mario Lemeiux vs. the North Stars but you know what, he scored out of that hustle play and it was a key goal for us to give our team some breathing room.

Kopecky is a beast. Playing like he did last year. Always loved this guy. Far from the most talented player but man does he bust his ass on the ice. It showed today as he put up some points and had a great effort at the end to ice this game for us.

Matthias and Skille are no longer the most noticeable players on our team. Neither had a bad game, both hustled well and did what they could, but with the other guys playing well and as a unit, these two weren't as noticeable, which is the way it should be.

Kovalev had a good game. Tonight was the the way he should be used on this team. 3rd line duty with limited 5-on-5 minutes but used heavily on the powerplay. I know he misses the net a lot but at least he shoots, and when his shot does hit the net there's a good chance it's going in.

Speaking of missing the net, I am extremely displeased with Kulikov. He's had such a poor start to the season and even tonight in a game where basically everyone played well, he was nothing special. The more I see him play the more I doubt whether he'll turn into that elite defenseman we all hoped for. His missing the net is atrocious. By like 10 feet he is missing SOG. His defensive game has been steadily improving, but Kuli is supposed to be the complete package. I really want to see that offensive game develop, otherwise we should consider trading him while his value is high. A young stud d-man can fetch a lot around this league.

Strachan was solid. I wish he played every night. He is a great and very serviceable 5th/6th dman. Jovo is just so damn slow and he really hurts our D more than helps it.

Overall it was a great game. We kept at it and didn't get disgruntled by not scoring or the other team taking the lead. We stuck to the gameplan, made some mid-game adjustments and played a solid 60 minute hockey game. We didn't take a period off which is nice. This was a MUCH better win than Carolina because as I said, we came back twice to tie it up in the 3rd then took the lead and eventually won. Hopefully this is a big confidence boost to the team and they can start carrying this momentum. We win 3 more games and this losing streak basically never happened.

I'll be at the game in Buffalo with my girlfriend. We have lower bowl seats on the side the Panthers shoot twice, 2nd row from the glass. I'll have my navy Panthers jersey on with "9" on the back. Watch for me, I'll be cheering the boys on for another big win!

.....And I just realized how damn bi-polar this team makes me

Old
02-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:

Meanwhile, Allison is going on about how the team has been working more harder or something.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:30 AM
RECsGuy*

For those of you looking to add a little laughter to your day, visit the Luongo thread on Vancouver's board. They are SWEATING Shore. The kid is in just about every proposal. Shore is the new Bjugstad. LOL

Old
02-01-2013, 05:47 AM
Eggblag
#1 Fanthers Pan!

Hello,
I'm new to these hockey boards. I just wanted to drop in and say hey. I'm a long time Cats Fan and reader on these forums. I've just never had the nerve to jump in until now. It's cool to see Cats Fans from all over the world and I look forward to getting to know you guys. Just go easy on me as I'm new to this and it might take a little while for me to get comfortable.

GO PANTHERS.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:03 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 0

So I went to bed after the 1st, and I missed this?

Old
02-01-2013, 07:03 AM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

So I went to bed after the 1st, and I missed this?
That's what you get for b****in out on us soupy!!! Suffer through it with all of us!!! (Or in last nights case, bathe in joyful bliss that was our third period).

Huge game for us, and the compete level finally seemed to be there. The boys also showed up just in time. My center ice preview expired this morning, and after last nights game, I gave in and ordered it. I just can't not watch lol

Old
02-01-2013, 07:13 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
.....And I just realized how damn bi-polar this team makes me
I was about to say exactly that about you. It's all good, bro. I've learned that you really wear your heart on your sleeve, so I never take you too seriously when you rant after losses. Hopefully they can keep this up on the road trip.

Shore is freakin' great! I know a few of you guys want him back in the A, but i'unno, he seems NHL ready.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
For those of you looking to add a little laughter to your day, visit the Luongo thread on Vancouver's board. They are SWEATING Shore. The kid is in just about every proposal. Shore is the new Bjugstad. LOL
They're so delusional.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:54 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Winnipeg did not look very good out there last night, but a win is a win.

Kudos to Upshall - his hit was the emotional turning point in that game (and yes, I'm aware that WIN scored after that - you had to be there)

To point out how ridiculous that call was... until Wright dropped the gloves, Upshall was about to get a double minor for a clean hit???

(I think an unexpected, rousing LGP cheer during the deliberations certainly didn't hurt matters any either. Impressive for a weekday skeleton crew in the midst of a hideous losing streak.)

Closed Thread