HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
And everyone is so concerned with chemistry and the gelling of the team. What better way to ensure those than trade away half the team? I mean, it's foolproof.
Seriously.

"The offense sucks! Trade Gaborik and buyout Richards!"

"The defense and PK suck! Trade Brian Boyle!"

"The team isn't gelling, turn over the half of the roster that didn't get turned over in the off season!"

It's painfully stupid.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

just threw out some Boyle ideas...

Boyle to Sharks for one of their cheap d like Irwin or Braun and center like Desjardens or Wingles

Boyle to Buffalo for one of McNabb or Weber and a depth forward like Tropp.. id love Foligno but it would cost alot to get him.....

Boyle to Panthers for depth player like Skille and D Keaton Ellerby

just throwing ideas out there.. what you guys think. with Sharks scouts following NYR. i wouldnt mind Desjardens as a Boyle replacement on the 4th line. he at lease throws his body around and uses his size down low... Desjardens is 55.2% faceoff. he would lead the Rangers of everyday players who take faceoffs on a regular basis...

Old
02-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

Boyle to Sharks for one of their cheap d like Irwin or Braun and center like Desjardens or Wingles

Boyle to Buffalo for one of McNabb or Weber and a depth forward like Tropp.. id love Foligno but it would cost alot to get him.....

just throwing ideas out there.. what you guys think. with Sharks scouts following NYR. i wouldnt mind Desjardens as a Boyle replacement on the 4th line. he at lease throws his body around and uses his size down low... Desjardens is 55.2% faceoff. he would lead the Rangers of everyday players who take faceoffs on a regular basis...
If Boyle is so horrid, why would Buffalo trade Brayden McNabb for him?

Old
02-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

I am not willing to trade any roster piece not named Asham or Bickel right now. I want to trade picks and prospects (not named Miller or McIlrath) for pending UFAs and serviceable bottom six/bottom pair guys who can bolster the lineup and provide more than Asham/Bickel/Gilroy.

The end. Leopold, a pending UFA, would be great for Thomas + 3rd for example. Maybe a bit more. Boyle for Eller is a lateral gamble. Eller has better potential but its basically a wash right now. Not interested. I want to add, not swap A for B.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Before I say this let me find my flame shie-- ah there it is.

Ovechkin?

Would have to be a Nash-esque kind of deal and would require Washington covering salary.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post

Ovechkin?

Would have to be a Nash-esque kind of deal and would require Washington covering salary.
Is.....is that even financially feasible?

"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Old
02-07-2013, 03:51 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

Big pass on those guys. They are not upgrades on anyone on our roster currently.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Seriously.

"The team isn't gelling, turn over the half of the roster that didn't get turned over in the off season!"

It's painfully stupid.

Quote:
I blame Chris Drury.
Everything is his fault.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Graves94

Arthur Staple is reporting that Tim Thomas has been traded to the Islanders for a conditional 2nd rd pick in 2013 or 2014. Can you guys confirm in NY?

Old
02-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Arthur Staple is reporting that Tim Thomas has been traded to the Islanders for a conditional 2nd rd pick in 2013 or 2014. Can you guys confirm in NY?
TSN radio has confirmed it I believe.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Graves94

BTW, the Team 990 in Montreal has just reported this (Thomas trade)

Old
02-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:

Ovechkin?

Glad you have your flame shield ready, cuz here it comes.

1. Too expensive, even if the Caps cover part of his salary. We're already going to have trouble keeping everyone in the next couple years with the signings we're going to have to make - don't need to make it any harder to keep guys.

2. Does not fit the system. He has not a defensive bone in his body. And though he was forced to play a bit more of a defensive system with the Caps' coach last year, I expect him to revert to the Ovy of the old days who doesn't do any of those things, and have seen a bit of that this year already. We would end up paying huge money for Torts to bench him all game. And I guarantee you that would happen - Ovy has had plenty of conflicts with coaches/teammates in the past.

3. He does not play with consistent heart and desire. He does not hustle on a game-by-game basis. You think the moaning on these boards about Gaborik being invisible for certain games is bad? Get Ovy and see what happens.

4. I've lived in D.C. for a few years and know people who have run into him out in the club/bar scene here multiple times. He has a reputation for having a bad attitude, parties a little bit too hard even during the season, and doesn't do the hard work to stay in shape in the off season. I want none of that in the Rangers locker room.

5. Ovy has had a decidedly downward trend in the past few years. Do you want to return to the Rangers management between 97 and 04 whose strategy was to go after the big name players who were past their prime? Cuz if so, Ovy fits that bill. Not saying he still doesn't have skill, but he certainly isn't what he used to be and isn't worth the $$.

If all that sounds good to you... by all means, go for it.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:21 PM
bernmeister

Quote:

Ovechkin?

The biggest factor in this is probably what salary cap relief we may be able to generate.

Let's say for argument Richards waives his NMC.
The deal is BR + for AO + and caps have to take some salary back.

We can think about what the pluses should be another time.

If we get AO so he is net cheaper than BR, we can take a gamble.
If it doesn't work out, and we can't flip AO to another team for most of what we paid to rent him for a year-ish, then we use our buyout and 86-him.

As it stands now, Richards must be traded or bought out, unless you believe we should instead move/lose Nash (no) or Gaborik (no) or Hank (no). So there is no other mathematical option for one huge salary. Keeping BR would force, alternatively, moving Staal and Girardi, or some other combo.

Now, if we can get a gamble like Ovie who still has a more talented upside, AND get him cheaper at square one, then and in that event, a deal could make sense.

But is something around BR for AO our best play?

Old
02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Seriously.

It's painfully stupid.
Wanna respect what you're saying, but some of these complaints you characterize as "stupid" have some reasonable basis, I concur others do not.

The bottom line is we need to be honest that our team is good, but it needs upgrades to compete, let alone dominate in hopes of getting a cup.

So I agree, we don't make a trade just to make a trade, or 'shake things up'.

But we do something if it upgrades.

Gaborik is still a real threat. Unless an elite upgrade is involved, no to moving Gabby.

Richards, however, has to be bought out, or there are real consequences which are worse. I'm happy to review my position if you can think of something I've overlooked, but I'd rather move our one most expensive guy not Nash or Gabby who is less productive and have cap after next year to keep McD, etc. And it is logical that the longer you wait, the less you can get for Richards, and then you will have no choice but to use the buyout.

So, let us enjoy the season, and see if we can come up with creative solutions to get to where we want our team to go.

Obviously, we need to do something because even if we say we know we can handle the Devils despite the other evening, we can't really say that about the Pens. And whoever wins the west will be a tall order.

So don't fear change. But consider all options with an open mind.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Is.....is that even financially feasible?
we'd have to send $7+ mil back in the deal

Old
02-07-2013, 06:48 PM
bernmeister

how badly do pens want more top 6?

how much do we have to add to Stepan to get Letang?

Probably the improved MDZ. MAYBE

Is there another combo of Stepan + ______________ for Letang?

And yes, I know they're division rivals, won't do a mega deal but for sake of discussion, as to value ...

Old
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

And yes, I know they're division rivals, won't do a mega deal but for sake of discussion, as to value ...
my god....

Old
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Two Tone Malone
Praise Hestia!

Quote:

[IMG]http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh580/IWillQQ/brendan-fraser-******-clap_o_GIFSoupcom.gif[/IMG]

Oh wait...you're serious.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Why would Pittsburgh trade their stud defenseman for another center out of all players?

Old
02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Wanna respect what you're saying, but some of these complaints you characterize as "stupid" have some reasonable basis, I concur others do not.

The bottom line is we need to be honest that our team is good, but it needs upgrades to compete, let alone dominate in hopes of getting a cup.

So I agree, we don't make a trade just to make a trade, or 'shake things up'.

But we do something if it upgrades.

Gaborik is still a real threat. Unless an elite upgrade is involved, no to moving Gabby.

Richards, however, has to be bought out, or there are real consequences which are worse. I'm happy to review my position if you can think of something I've overlooked, but I'd rather move our one most expensive guy not Nash or Gabby who is less productive and have cap after next year to keep McD, etc. And it is logical that the longer you wait, the less you can get for Richards, and then you will have no choice but to use the buyout.

So, let us enjoy the season, and see if we can come up with creative solutions to get to where we want our team to go.

Obviously, we need to do something because even if we say we know we can handle the Devils despite the other evening, we can't really say that about the Pens. And whoever wins the west will be a tall order.

So don't fear change. But consider all options with an open mind.
I don't think those complaints are stupid at all. I think it's stupid that posters are simultaneously complaining about real problems and advocating getting rid of players who's strengths are in those problem areas.

Also I disagree that we need to do something because I think time and a little bit of sustained success and confidence will make a tremendous difference. This team isn't going to be playing this sort of confused, step-behind hockey come the midway point in the season IMO. We'll have to wait and see.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Richter Scale

At this point, even though the team has not been consistently good... I think they have most of the pieces they need (especially with a healthy Callahan, Kreider, Girardi). I'd love a 6th d, but Gilroy/Eminger haven't been awful there -- and I don't think a 6th d is absolutely necessary for them to succeed in the regular season at least (playoffs are a different story).

I'd wait for the deadline, give the team a chance to develop an identity and work out any kinks before making any other major moves (if at all).

Old
02-07-2013, 10:05 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Boyle for Malkin?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:09 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Boyle and a 4th for J Jokinen
Eminger and a 6th for M.A. Bergeron

There's your power play fix right there and an obvious offensive upgrade to the top 6

Old
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
bernmeister

I know this is same division, but beyond that, please review/discuss

Pens continue to want scoring options for top stars, more depth, more balance, esp, since Volkuhn (sp.) has looked so good in net for them, and he is a real Ranger killer.

What about
Marc Staal + Girardi + Stepan + Boyle + NYR 2nd 2014
for
Letang + Neal + Pens 1st 2013, Pens 1st 2014

Pens get a complementary L-R top pair D, a replacement for Jordan Staal in Stepan, allowing Malkin to play on w, if desired, and Boyle, which is solid 2 way for lower 6. With these added moves, Pens are free to seek moving MAF for a higher end w.

Rangers get Letang who adds puck rushing to first pair, along with MDZ moving puck on 2nd line.
NYR adds Neal, a scoring W.
Get 2 top picks.

As a result of this we are down one higher D and with Miller replacing Stepan, one lower C, but we can work around until Lindberg gets here after Europe for the big picture.

See we should be able to get a D from teams working their plan. Maple Leafs or Sabres a possibility for scoring prospects like Christian Thomas, + St Croix. Won't be shut down like what we're giving up, obviously, but Letang will help keep us on offense, and Neal's tallies are worth it. Whoever we get, if necessary every blueliner moves up one.

D is not too shabby:
McDonagh Letang
MDZ Stralman
Bickel/Gilroy Eminger

we are thin at pivot but better at F

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kreider Miller Neal
Hagelin Halpern Callahan
Pyatt Powe Asham

Old
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Boyle for Malkin?
Hey, not fair, I did ask what should we add???

Closed Thread