HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Good thing about this game is after, the Keith hit will be old news and maybe something else will take it's place. I'm hoping for a typical high emotion game with no injuries, maybe some blood and bruises.
Keith Kassian drop the gloves off the opening faceoff and we move on from this situation.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Something should be done but it should be within the rules of the game. Hits, fight, whatever it takes to send the message but not hurt the team. Objective #1 should be to win the game but I don't think the Keith situation should be swept under the rug. You simply can't ignore that a player went out and purposefully injured a star winger, you just can't.

Also don't get the goaltending crap but I suppose it fills blogs and newspapers effectively. Luongo is coming off a shutout, he gets the start; hardly compelling stuff.

Last edited by mrmyheadhurts: 01-31-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 04:37 PM
theripper

Its pathetic that some people here care more that a certain player gets to play than the team winning games. Schneider has not played that good,and Luongo is playing amazing hockey. What a joke.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:46 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theripper View Post
Its pathetic that some people here care more that a certain player gets to play than the team winning games. Schneider has not played that good,and Luongo is playing amazing hockey. What a joke.
Amazing is a grand stretch. He's been good against offensively inept teams.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:50 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistheman View Post
AV should of never been put in a situation like this and when Cory signed it was contingent on him being the starter(based on reports that came out at that time). It's not fair, and while I don't care either way, you should be honest with your players first and foremost, from management down.
B.S.

No such contract like this in the NHL. If there is such a clause, he Canucks can be sued by Schneider for breech of contract. The CBA wouldn' allow a guarantee of playing ime. Besides, who is to say Cory is not the starter? How would that be legally defined?

Dumbest post of the day.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Ozone
Stache-in-Rink

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Eff the scoreboard in this one. Winning game 8 (prorated to game 16 ooooohhhhh) doesn't mean a whole lot.

Keith has to pay. So does Toews. Mess with 1 of ours, we mess with 2 of yours.

Keith isn't going to fight Zack. No way. And I don't want Zack to go Bertuzzi either. I do want Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp getting a face wash and a whack to the shins every chance we get. Don't be stupid about it, but retribution better be 60 minutes worth.
This.

But do not 'eff the scoreboard in this one'. I suspect/hope this will be the Nucks best game so far, and to finally show what they are made of.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Amazing is a grand stretch. He's been good against offensively inept teams.
He's also been playing FOR an offensively inept team...

Old
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZONE View Post
This.

But do not 'eff the scoreboard in this one'. I suspect/hope this will be the Nucks best game of so far, and to finally show what they are made of.
Its early enough in the season. if the Canucks lose 11-0 on 11 powerplay goals, and Duncan Keith is left a bloody mess for what h did last season, i'll be happy.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:54 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Are you seriously looking at offensive rankings 5 games into the season and using that as a metric for analysis?
As long as we don't use Luongo's stats to back him either. We could use last year's numbers tha have LA and Colorado in the bottom 5 too. It doesn't really matter though.

He was bad in the Edmonton game, neither goal should have gone in. He won last night against a team stricken with anemia. Lu is any of Schneider's games wouldn't have helped. The TEAM was s***.

We'll see tomorrow, I'll cheer for a shutout but will be betting on the over.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiver View Post
That has nothing to do with how he plays.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:56 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
He has, but that doesn't make the opponent's skill level any higher.

Old
Ozone
Stache-in-Rink

Quote:
Its early enough in the season. if the Canucks lose 11-0 on 11 powerplay goals, and Duncan Keith is left a bloody mess for what h did last season, i'll be happy.

I hope this is not the case, but I would still sleep just fine.

Old
TheDiver*

Quote:
As long as we don't use Luongo's stats to back him either. We could use last year's numbers tha have LA and Colorado in the bottom 5 too. It doesn't really matter though.

He was bad in the Edmonton game, neither goal should have gone in. He won last night against a team stricken with anemia. Lu is any of Schneider's games wouldn't have helped. The TEAM was s***.

We'll see tomorrow, I'll cheer for a shutout but will be betting on the over.

Luongo was bad in a game where he kept the team in it

Meanwhile you bought 3 Schneider jerseys after he was pulled against Anaheim.

DOUBLE STANDARD!

Old
01-31-2013, 04:58 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
That has nothing to do with how he plays.
No...but when Lungo is faulted by posers for letting in wo goals against LA...if you're goalie lets in an average of 2 goals per game, your team SHOULD BE ABLE to win.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Ignorant post of the day right there. Congrats.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Reign Nateo

Be interesting to see how Kassian responds tomorrow. The only guy on the Hawks that will likely fight him would be Brandon Bollig and Kassian has basically been told not to waste his time fighting guys that shouldn't be in the league. Not a good trade off to take Kassian off the ice for a knuckle dragger like that.

Bickell and Mayers will go, but neither will be be too excited to fight Kassian. Mayers is a punching bag and got tuned by Bieksa, Bickell got slapped around by Jamie McGinn who wasn't going near Kassian when they played.

I'll be following it closely, it will be a tight, heated affair and we'll see how Kassian reacts. He shouldn't be fighting guys like Bollig and I doubt anyone else on the Hawks wants any part of him. See if he scraps or just lays the body all game. Gotta be smart.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:

Luongo was bad in a game where he kept the team in it

Meanwhile you bought 3 Schneider jerseys after he was pulled against Anaheim.

DOUBLE STANDARD!
I didn't realize you were one of those people. You have a good day.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
no but im going to be embarrassd
Yeah, so? It's not like the Canucks haven't embarrassed us before.

Also, is this what it feels like to be a Bruins fan? Wanting to fight, fight, fight and wanting nothing but blood?

Old
01-31-2013, 05:01 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Be interesting to see how Kassian responds tomorrow. The only guy on the Hawks that will likely fight him would be Brandon Bollig and Kassian has basically been told not to waste his time fighting guys that shouldn't be in the league. Not a good trade off to take Kassian off the ice for a knuckle dragger like that.

Bickell and Mayers will go, but neither will be be too excited to fight Kassian. Mayers is a punching bag and got tuned by Bieksa, Bickell got slapped around by Jamie McGinn who wasn't going near Kassian when they played.

I'll be following it closely, it will be a tight, heated affair and we'll see how Kassian reacts. He shouldn't be fighting guys like Bollig and I doubt anyone else on the Hawks wants any part of him. See if he scraps or just lays the body all game. Gotta be smart.
The ONLY way Kass should be fighting those slugs is AFTER he fixes Duncan's teeth.

Old
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:

Old
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post

But but Bolland will be trolling the Sedin's. All 6'0, 176lbs of him. Not to mention his one fight..against a guy that was also in his first fight....

Old
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
TheDiver*

By the way, this is why the Canucks were unable to get retribution last game. Duncan Keith is a coward (well known in hockey circles) and his teammates would not let anyone challenge him one on one. They attacked from behind like the shower scene in American History X:

Old
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post

Also, is this what it feels like to be a Bruins fan? Wanting to fight, fight, fight and wanting nothing but blood?
Just add in the douchie southie accent and it'll be a wicked awesome game.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:04 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post

Bruins have a cup with that mentality. If we had to injure every player in the league to get a cup, i'd still attend the parade.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Canucker

Quote:
The ONLY way Kass should be fighting those slugs is AFTER he fixes Duncan's teeth.
Sending Kassian after Keith is the wrong move IMO...Keith will have nothing to do with him and it'll just end up being an ugly mugging that we don't need. Send Bieksa after him, at least they are in the same weight class and it won't be perceived as Kassian being a thug.

Closed Thread