HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Goalies in the NHL #2

View Poll Results: #2 NHL Goalie
Jonathan Quick 60 37.04%
Pekka Rinne 62 38.27%
Carey Price 12 7.41%
Ryan Miller 2 1.23%
Karri Lehtonen 6 3.70%
Martin Brodeur 0 0%
Cam Ward 1 0.62%
Ilya Bryzgalov 1 0.62%
Jaroslav Halak 0 0%
Roberto Luongo 18 11.11%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
  #26
AD1066
HFBoards Sponsor
 
AD1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Can't go wrong with either Rinne or Quick, I choose Rinne though because he's been doing it a bit longer.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
  #27
Izzy
Moderator
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin112 View Post
add MAF
lol?

Tough decision but I'll say Lu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1066 View Post
Can't go wrong with either Rinne or Quick, I choose Rinne though because he's been doing it a bit longer.
Halak is around 10-12, Elliot is maybe 25.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
  #28
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Voted Quick. Top goalie last year, will be one of the top goalies this year (his stats are skewed by that ONE bad start...his other starts have been good). Meanwhile Pekka Rinne, without Ryan Suter in front of him, now has a 0.899SVP.

My top 5:

1) Henrik Lundqvist
2) Jonathan Quick
3) Roberto Luongo
4) Carey Price
5) Tuukka Rask
Luongo's not even #1 on his team, yet he's the third best goalie in the league..... Riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttttt....

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
  #29
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Quick. For the posters who have said Quick has only had one good year are completely wrong. He has been playing very well for the Kings for awhile now. It's just people decided to start paying attention to him last season. It's quite a shame.
Lots of goalies have been playing well for a while, though.

Quick might very well turn out to be the next Ryan Miller, with one elite season and a bunch of fairly good ones. I'd still take Luongo and Rinne over Quick at this point.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
  #30
AD1066
HFBoards Sponsor
 
AD1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
I edited my first post after checking the vote totals, sorry if that throws anyone off.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
  #31
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
I'll take quick over rinne. But I don't think there's a huge difference between the two.

4 and 5 should be interesting.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
  #32
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,933
vCash: 500
Rinne and Lundqvist have done nothing in the playoffs. I'd take Quick.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
  #33
FlutteringSaucer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Rinne and Lundqvist have done nothing in the playoffs. I'd take Quick.
If this is your argument you should take Brodeur first.

I'll take Rinne because I'm a homer and I think that even with Suter and Weber both Quick and Hank got better overall support from their team last year compared to Rinne. But I still rank Hank first and after that Rinne and then Quick although they are close.

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
  #34
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPena;58754415[B
]If this is your argument you should take Brodeur first[/B].

I'll take Rinne because I'm a homer and I think that even with Suter and Weber both Quick and Hank got better overall support from their team last year compared to Rinne. But I still rank Hank first and after that Rinne and then Quick although they are close.
Not at all. All three goalies (Lundqvist, Quick and Rinne) are close based on regular season stats. I give the edge to Quick because of his elite play in the NHL playoffs. I haven't seen that yet from Rinne or Lundqvist who both have overall losing records in the playoffs. In Rinne's defence he has never played for a team favoured to win the Cup but when looking for ways to differentiate three very good goalies I'd take the guy who performed under some pretty high pressure. No knock on the other two guys.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:23 PM
  #35
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Lots of goalies have been playing well for a while, though.

Quick might very well turn out to be the next Ryan Miller, with one elite season and a bunch of fairly good ones. I'd still take Luongo and Rinne over Quick at this point.
And Rinne won't? Come on now.. Quick has done what it takes to win. The other two have not. But yeah, I can see where it might get foggy.

If you know anything about him, you know failure is not his is vocabulary. I wouldn't trade Quick for any goalie in the league. The Kings are very lucky to have a player like him.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
  #36
darglor
Registered User
 
darglor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 9337
If it was just for so far this year, it would easily be
1) Anderson
2) Lehtonen

... but it's not, so both of those guys belong in the 5-10 range. Of course, that's assuming you're talking about current skill. If you're looking at careers, they both drop even more in favour of people like Brodeur and Luongo.

I voted Lundqvist, then Quick, and I'll go Rinne on the next one.

darglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:37 PM
  #37
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Voted Luongo because I could not help myself.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:41 PM
  #38
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 18,672
vCash: 152
Anderson is clearly the hottest goalie in the NHL right now, and also clearly not in the top 5 overall.

Well clearly IMO, which means squat but I don't care!

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
  #39
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
And Rinne won't? Come on now.. Quick has done what it takes to win. The other two have not. But yeah, I can see where it might get foggy.
Rinne has more than one season of being elite. Not just good. And yes Quick was well-deserving of the Conn Smythe, but how well a goalie plays is only one part of winning the cup. Having a cup ring is an extremely weak argument for why player A is better than player B.

Quote:
If you know anything about him, you know failure is not his is vocabulary. I wouldn't trade Quick for any goalie in the league. The Kings are very lucky to have a player like him.
This may be true, but he still has to prove he can keep up a similar calibre of play to last year before being called the 2nd(or first) best goalie in the league.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
  #40
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Lmao @ bryz

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
  #41
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 500
Rinne for me. I wanna see Quick have that kind of season more than once before saying he's the league's 2nd best goalie.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
  #42
Izzy
Moderator
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1066 View Post
I edited my first post after checking the vote totals, sorry if that throws anyone off.
Yeah, a little bit

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
  #43
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 8,916
vCash: 50
Rinne

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:41 PM
  #44
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quick's only had 1 good season? Whaaa?

JQ's played 250 NHL games. He's had back-to-back-to-back 30+ winning seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, some of you guys just found out about him.

The real wonderful thing about this forum, is how quickly you can identify who actually watches hockey, and who doesn't. I think some of you guys spend more time posting on this board and playing NHL-13 instead of watching the games.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
  #45
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Quick's only had 1 good season? Whaaa?

JQ's played 250 NHL games. He's had back-to-back-to-back 30+ winning seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, some of you guys just found out about him.

The real wonderful thing about this forum, is how quickly you can identify who actually watches hockey, and who doesn't. I think some of you guys spend more time posting on this board and playing NHL-13 instead of watching the games.
There's a huge difference between a "good" season and an "elite" season.

Quick only has one elite season, and I don't really see it as debateable.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:51 PM
  #46
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
There's a huge difference between a "good" season and an "elite" season.

Quick only has one elite season, and I don't really see it as debateable.

What's the difference between a good season and an elite season for an NHL goaltender?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:52 PM
  #47
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,798
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Luongo's not even #1 on his team, yet he's the third best goalie in the league..... Riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttttt....
Actually Luongo is the best goalie on his team.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:58 PM
  #48
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Actually Luongo is the best goalie on his team.


Luongo isn't even the #1 on his team.

Proof of that, is the fact that he's splitting time with Schneider.

Edit: Schneids has started an additional game.


Last edited by Hurt: 01-31-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Keep the personal insults out
Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:59 PM
  #49
tony d
Come along, Bort.
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,803
vCash: 500
Rinne

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
  #50
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,140
vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What's the difference between a good season and an elite season for an NHL goaltender?
Vezina nomination, .920+sv%, that kind of thing.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.