HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Need some help: 1995 Devils lines

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 01:05 PM
devilsfan26

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to devilsfan26
Need some help: 1995 Devils lines

Does anybody here remember what the offensive lines and defensive pairings were in 1995?

Old
09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
devildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan26
Does anybody here remember what the offensive lines and defensive pairings were in 1995?
NHL espn hockey I assume?

Old
09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
M V Pete

Mind you, this was 9 years ago, so forgive my memory.....

LW C RW
Chorske.............Broten...............Maclean
Richer...............Carpenter...........Lemieux
Zelepukin...........Brylin.................Guerin (On this line, Lemaire liked to rotate in LW Rolston and C Dowd - rotating the four with Guerin on the right)
Peluso...............Holik..................Mckay

D

Stevens.........Nieds
Dano.............Driver
Chambers.......Albelin

Not as sure as the D as I am about the O. On o, I'm a little unsure about the LW on the top two lines... I don't think that position was cemented and there prolly was some flipping between Richer and Chorske.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:45 PM
devilsfan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildan
NHL espn hockey I assume?
Yep.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:49 PM
devilsfan26

I was trying to see if I could figure out what the lines were by watching the 1995 Stanley Cup Champions video. All I was able to get out of that was the Crash Line. I took some guesses on all the other lines, and got Stevens and Niedermayer, and everything else wrong according to what M V Pete has, which is probably more correct than my guesses.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:22 PM
M V Pete

I have all of the 1995 playoff games on tape. Give me a few days and I'll come back with more exact lines.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:03 PM
JimEIV

I do remember Dowd scoring a big goal in game 2 against Detriot on the 3rd line.........

Also remember Chris McAlpine and Kevin Dean palying a few games on D

Old
09-22-2003, 05:08 PM
devilsfan26

Okay, thanks a lot!!

Old
09-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Tbg1515

If i remember i think they were

Maclean-N.Broten-Rolston
Richer-Carpenter-Lemieux
Zelepukin-Dowd-Guerin
Peluso-Holik-Mckay (Crash Line)

Stevens-Chambers
Driver-Daneyko
Alblin-Niedermeyer

Brodeur
Terreri

Xtras
-----
Chorske
Danton Cole
these are the only two extras i can remember, if you remember Tommy Chorske, and Danton Cole came out on the ice in street closes and championship hat and shirts.

Old
09-23-2003, 05:33 AM
tmg

I tried to edit the '95 Devils in ESPN myself, but gave up for a few reasons.

Brian Rolston is listed as a '90' overall, second-best skater on the team behind Stevens. I'm sorry, but Rolston was _not_ that skilled in 1995.

The game didn't have "Driver" or "Zelepukin" in their names database. So the game wouldn't be able to announce them properly.

I couldn't match players to their stats adequately. Like, none of the nameless centers had stats that remotely resembled Carpenter's (who, at that point in his career, was good defensively and poor offensively).

What was supposed to be handy for 'filling in the gaps' was the fact that players still in the NHLPA were listed by name and players no longer in the NHLPA were omitted. Which kinda surprised me that Albelin wasn't there on the 1995 roster (but he is on the 2003 roster...?)

I tried to cobble together what I could from:
http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagu...000511995.html

but eventually gave up. If you have any more success, post back exactly what you did.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Niedermayer21

Tbg1515 is right on. I do kind of remember Dowd and Brylin platooning.

Richer/Lemieux--Neal Broten--MacLean
Rolston/Chorske--Brylin/Dowd--Guerin
Zelepukin/Chorske--Carpenter--Lemieux/Richer
Peluso--Holik--McKay

Chambers--Stevens
Niedermayer--Albelin
Driver--Daneyko

Marty
Terreri

We could sure as hell use Bruce Driver as a point man on our PP today. Very underrated Devil IMO.

Old
09-23-2003, 06:54 PM
devilsfan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbg1515
If i remember i think they were

Maclean-N.Broten-Rolston
Richer-Carpenter-Lemieux
Zelepukin-Dowd-Guerin
Peluso-Holik-Mckay (Crash Line)

Stevens-Chambers
Driver-Daneyko
Alblin-Niedermeyer

Brodeur
Terreri

Xtras
-----
Chorske
Danton Cole
these are the only two extras i can remember, if you remember Tommy Chorske, and Danton Cole came out on the ice in street closes and championship hat and shirts.
Thanks a lot, man! I don't remember Chorske and Cole coming out in street clothes, but I remember Brylin falling out of the bench.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:34 AM
M V Pete

I'm pretty sure it was either Rolston or Zelepukin (most likely Zelly) in street clothes. I'm pretty sure Chorske was a mainstay in the lineups, again...I'll have to check.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:52 AM
tmg

OK, here's more detail about how the game has it set up.

Anyone with a generic name (LW1, C3) is assumed to be a retired NHLer, and those are the blanks we're trying to fill in. Though they may have made a mistake on Albelin. Provided are the players' ratings (100-scale) on Overall, Offense, and Defense.

LW1 90 95 71
Holik 87 84 87
RW1 89 90 83

Rolston 90 92 82
C2 82 83 78
Guerin 82 86 77

LW3 79 73 82 ('Grit' 89 -> this is Peluso, I think)
C3 79 83 75
Lemieux 79 77 77

LW4 73 79 64
Brylin 79 80 73
McKay 81 75 81

Stevens 91 70 94
Neidermayer 89 85 88
D3 83 82 76
D4 82 75 81
D5 76 75 77
D6 81 81 79

Brodeur
G2 (Terreri, duh)

Any player who's still in the NHL is rated identicaly to their current 2003-2004 rating (this makes guys like Lemieux notably lower and guys like Roslton notably higher).

So, that's how the game breaks down the absent players. I can't fit Carpenter in there anywhere - the only unspecified forward who is better defensively than offensively is LW3, and he's the only one that even comes close to being Peluso (whoever is LW3 gets in a lot of fights!). I think Broten's the C2, so I suppose Carpenter should be C3... but the numbers make me wonder if this game made Dowd C3. LW4 -> Zelepukin or Chorske? Speed of 78 makes me lean towards Zele - I remember Chorske as fleet feet stone hands.

The four D... Chambers is D3, that I'm sure. Driver and Dano are two of the other three (Dano=D4). Logic would dictate that the last be Albelin, but Albelin would be listed by name if he were here (and he'd be rated 74, not good enough to make the cut). So who does that leave? Kevin Dean is the only other Devils' D that played in thoe playoffs. Gotta be him. Dean = D5, Driver = D6. My best guess.

If I want this team to play anything like the '95 Devils I think I'm going to have to make major edits - a lot more than just names and jersey numbers.

Old
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
BigBully4

Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Just got NHL 2004 for the PC last night, and it kicks ESPN Hockey's ass (for the PS2). Graphics are much better. Gameplay, while not as advanced, is still excellent. Sound is awesome, and the Dynasty Mode is terrific. You can schedule practices, for Christ's sake. Also, who needs the "special tokens" in ESPN, only to collect enough to get the Devils '95 team and HAVE TO ADJUST THE LINEUP YOURSELF???!?? What fun is that? Where is my incentive? Albelin is from Finland? Who is the Czech defenseman on that team? Shawn Chambers? And why the hell is Stephane Richer a Devil in the game but NOT ON THE 95 TEAM? Inexcusable. Plus, Thorne and Clement. 'Nuff said. Also, where are the replays during a great save? All it shows are players with their stats.

For NHL 2004, highlights are terrific, saves are spectactular, game play is refined, yet easy to master, and you can download rosters, new equipment, etc., from a variety of spots. Plus, cool little extras like PK% during the season (100% - 1st in the league), animations after an offsides/icing, clapping during PPs, "Mar-TY! Mar-TY! chants", etc., all make up for one satisfying hockey game. Not perfect, but I thought ESPN was too much like last year's version, so EA got me back.

Old
09-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBully4
Just got NHL 2004 for the PC last night, and it kicks ESPN Hockey's ass (for the PS2). Graphics are much better. Gameplay, while not as advanced, is still excellent. Sound is awesome, and the Dynasty Mode is terrific. You can schedule practices, for Christ's sake. Also, who needs the "special tokens" in ESPN, only to collect enough to get the Devils '95 team and HAVE TO ADJUST THE LINEUP YOURSELF???!?? What fun is that? Where is my incentive? Albelin is from Finland? Who is the Czech defenseman on that team? Shawn Chambers? And why the hell is Stephane Richer a Devil in the game but NOT ON THE 95 TEAM? Inexcusable. Plus, Thorne and Clement. 'Nuff said. Also, where are the replays during a great save? All it shows are players with their stats.
All noteworthy criticisms of ESPN's NHL 2k4 hockey even if some of them are minor gripes common with many pro sports titles today. I have ESPN NHL 2K4 for the X-Box and initially I wasn't all that impressed by it after all the hype and success of last years edition. The more time I spend with it though the more I'm growing to like it more and more. The skills competition is incredibly addictive in and of itself. I managed to win the fastest skating competition with John Madden the other night against the Calgary Flames and had a lot of fun doing the individual hardest slapshot contests and breaking the four targets in x amount of shots drill. Bill Clement's voice and repeated commentaries are major league annoying to myself. Don't know how many times I can stand to hear how Scott Stevens once led the team in scoring playing as NJ! Repetition like this is maddening just as it is with bad commercials. There is so much micro-management built into this game that its quite a task all by itself tweaking all the various sliders in pursuit of the most realistic game experience you can get. That is my biggest gripe of all so far. Everyone loves options, but wow is it pretty overwhelming to say the least. I had serious issues putting together my desired Devils lines as well for a number of reasons which further disappoints me. Additionally, I still can't figure out why Brodeur's mask is rendered the way it is. Minor detail but come on!

Old
09-24-2003, 06:04 PM
devilsfan26

I can't seem to find out how to save your strategies. I hate having to adjust them before every game. This and the injury problem are probably my biggest complaints, other than that it takes a long to time to save franchises and there are so many things to save, it gets annoying sometimes, but maybe I'm just impatient or something.

I think that you are supposed to edit all the players completely, otherwise, as someone said before, who is the Czech defenseman? Plus Terreri is from Rhode Island, but the game says he's Canadian, so I don't think that you're supposed to just edit the names and numbers. I don't know how the heck I'm gonna do the 1977 Canadiens roster. Other than Ken Dryden and Guy Lafleur, I don't think I know anyone else, since I was born a decade after that team played.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:14 PM
tmg

...And every one of these unnamed players is 28 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan26
I don't know how the heck I'm gonna do the 1977 Canadiens roster. Other than Ken Dryden and Guy Lafleur, I don't think I know anyone else, since I was born a decade after that team played.
One, as a Devils fan, I sincerely hope you know of Larry Robinson and Jacques Lemaire.

Two, your best bet is just to go here: http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagu...000451977.html and work your way down the list, matching up the highest scorers with the highest 'offense' ratings. With a team that early you have the luxury of not having the current players with their current ratings mucking things up.

Old
09-25-2003, 01:07 PM
devilsfan26

[QUOTE=tmg]...And every one of these unnamed players is 28 years old.

One, as a Devils fan, I sincerely hope you know of Larry Robinson and Jacques Lemaire. [QUOTE]

Oh yea, I knew they were on the Canadiens, just not when they were there. .

Closed Thread