HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

EDM & CBJ trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 01:59 PM
  #1
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
EDM & CBJ trade

Here in peace. Just wondering who you guys have available from your defense group?
What would it take to get a dman like Nikitin?
I am happy with:
Schutlz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Fistric

I am not happy with Whitney so would like to get a dman to play on the 3rd pairing. He does not have to be the perfect puck mover but has to at least make a pass to get it out of the zone. Size would be very nice also.

What would you want for one of your dmen that can offer this?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:12 PM
  #2
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
i would ask for Zarkov (Prospect)

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:22 PM
  #3
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,985
vCash: 500
Yakupov. What does he have like 1 or 2 NHL goals?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:32 PM
  #4
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
Would you want a prospect or a 2nd round pick considering this is a pretty deep draft. EDM has two 2nd round picks, their own and ANA's.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:36 PM
  #5
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Would you want a prospect or a 2nd round pick considering this is a pretty deep draft. EDM has two 2nd round picks, their own and ANA's.
Yakapov and both 2nds and we'll even send you Mason

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:43 PM
  #6
Nikita Filatov
Registered User
 
Nikita Filatov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Here in peace. Just wondering who you guys have available from your defense group?
What would it take to get a dman like Nikitin?
I am happy with:
Schutlz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Fistric

I am not happy with Whitney so would like to get a dman to play on the 3rd pairing. He does not have to be the perfect puck mover but has to at least make a pass to get it out of the zone. Size would be very nice also.

What would you want for one of your dmen that can offer this?
Just wondering why do you think it would make sense for us to move "a dman like Nikitin?" Especially for second round picks?

EDIT: Excuse me, one second round pick!

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
  #7
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Just wondering why do you think it would make sense for us to move "a dman like Nikitin?" Especially for second round picks?

EDIT: Excuse me, one second round pick!
Sam Gagne....Or Eberle. Or your first round pick

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
  #8
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Seriously, guys, this EDM fan is making an interesting suggestion. We do have dman depth from which to make a trade for additional offensive prospects. This is the kind of thing that I feel more comfortable about knowing it would be handled under the watchful eye of JD. I have a hunch, however, that JD will not be making any immediate moves and will instead let most of this year play out while he evaluates what we have on hand and compares it to the draft class. Picking up another second rounder or two would certainly make for the possibility of permanently altering the future of this franchise with all of the picks we would have in the first three rounds of a very deep draft.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
  #9
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Seriously, guys, this EDM fan is making an interesting suggestion. We do have dman depth from which to make a trade for additional offensive prospects. This is the kind of thing that I feel more comfortable about knowing it would be handled under the watchful eye of JD. I have a hunch, however, that JD will not be making any immediate moves and will instead let most of this year play out while he evaluates what we have on hand and compares it to the draft class. Picking up another second rounder or two would certainly make for the possibility of permanently altering the future of this franchise with all of the picks we would have in the first three rounds of a very deep draft.
Dude....Why would we trade arguably our best defenseman and a top pairing guy (for the CBJ anyway) who is fairly young for a "freaking 2nd round pick." I mean cmon....

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  #10
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 500
Nikitin is probably not for sale unless you want to overpay, but you can have Aucoin.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
  #11
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,521
vCash: 500
Nikita for Paraarvi

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:44 PM
  #12
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 50
I dont know about Nikitin, but any deal has to include Ryan Jones so he can come back to Ohio.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
  #13
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Why would we trade Nikitin? Because we still have Erixson, Murray, Weber, Gouluboeuf (sp?) in the wings and we aren't going any where this year anyway. Now, I agree that Nikitin is probably worth more than one second rounder. That is why I would trust Davidson to make the call as to what Nik would be worth. But if would help us longer term, we should listen. I don't see Nik as cemented into the future of the franchise.

Sorry I don't see the world as black and white the way you do.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
  #14
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Nikita for Paraarvi
No thanks. I don't see Magnus developing much further, at best he's a so-so second line left wing.

For me, for the Jackets to have to trade Nikita Nikitin, the cost has to be a first round pick. He's been that important to them, and with his age and cap-friendly contract, there's no reason to give him up unless it's for a major future piece.

I don't see the Oilers giving up what will probably be another lottery pick just to shore up their defense for the next few years, though. Unless they hire Brian Burke.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
  #15
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
There is no way Nikitin nets a 1st rounder

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:29 PM
  #16
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
So legit, what would it take for EDM to get him?
What realisticly would it take, EDM has 1st, and two 2nd round picks. 1st round picks are not moved the way they use to be. We have Jones that would be available I would say and other prospects.
I would love to see both the NYR and LA tank this year and watch your team get three top 10 picks though.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
  #17
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
There is no way Nikitin nets a 1st rounder
Reason?

He's been a second pair defenseman for Columbus for over a full season now. Why do we let him go for a second round pick? Sergei Bobrovsky had a terrible year last year for Philly, and look at what the Jackets gave up to get him.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:46 PM
  #18
Stretch Factor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Why would we trade Nikitin? Because we still have Erixson, Murray, Weber, Gouluboeuf (sp?) in the wings and we aren't going any where this year anyway. Now, I agree that Nikitin is probably worth more than one second rounder. That is why I would trust Davidson to make the call as to what Nik would be worth. But if would help us longer term, we should listen. I don't see Nik as cemented into the future of the franchise.

Sorry I don't see the world as black and white the way you do.
+1

Sell high. Now's the time before people figure out last year was a fluke.

By the way, JD obviously wasn't that big a fan of Nikitin to begin with. He traded him for Krissy Russel of all people.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:48 PM
  #19
Stretch Factor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
There is no way Nikitin nets a 1st rounder
Depends who's first we're talking about.

Philly is in dire need of D-men and Nikitin is young and cheap.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:49 PM
  #20
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
I am not just saying a 2nd for Nik, 2nd and a prospect and if so who?
2nd and Jones

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:56 PM
  #21
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I am not just saying a 2nd for Nik, 2nd and a prospect and if so who?
2nd and Jones
i spoke to Bill Davidge (TV analyst) this summer about Jones. He absolutely loves Ryan. Really thought he would have been a great fit in Columbus. I remember back when he was captain for Miami. I would do a 2nd & Jones for Nikitin.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
  #22
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I am not just saying a 2nd for Nik, 2nd and a prospect and if so who?
2nd and Jones
Both 2nds

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  #23
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
So does Jones and a 2nd get EDM Nik

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  #24
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Both seconds and Jones ? I drive Nik to the airport.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  #25
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Reason?

He's been a second pair defenseman for Columbus for over a full season now. Why do we let him go for a second round pick? Sergei Bobrovsky had a terrible year last year for Philly, and look at what the Jackets gave up to get him.
And we also got him for Kris Russell. 2nd pairing on the Bluejackets isnt necessarily a ringing endorsement. He looked good on a team that finished 30th in the NHL, I just dont value him that high after 1 season. I just dont see him being worth a 1st rounder....at least I wouldnt give a 1st for him

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.