HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread V

Old
01-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
CBJ Prospect Thread V

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post95504137

01-12-2015, 03:58 PM
WannabeFinn
Marko Dano(((((

T.J. Tynan is on pace for 45-50 points in his rookie AHL season. Surprising to anyone else?

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2015, 04:54 PM
thebus2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
T.J. Tynan is on pace for 45-50 points in his rookie AHL season. Surprising to anyone else?
No. Saw quite a few ND games and he was always 1 of the best players on the ice. A "CBJ type" player. Good 2 way game with good offensive skills. Almost like a smaller Dubinsky. Tried to bring him up a couple times in this thread and others because of our injuries earlier but pretty much nobody had anything to say. Thought he should be given a look earlier in the year. Even some games as a winger on the 3rd or 4th line wouldn't RUIN him like it supposedly would Wennberg, Rychel, or Dano. He's easily a better option then Tropp, Cracknell, Collins, etc. He plays like a Letestu-Mackenzie hybrid. I'd like to add that this is another "great" trade by Howson to get a very good prospect/player/asset for an initial mistake that was clearly(or more than likely) going to turn into nothing at the NHL level until maybe 2020.

At this point, looking at the big picture of our prospects, their "estimated" trade value to the league, and our "young core", I think its CLEAR which prospect we should be looking to trade. Alexander Wennberg. The Swedish Filatov.

If people can say Anisimov doesn't seem to fit with the future of the CBJ the case can easily be made that Wennberg doesn't either.

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2015, 05:08 PM
WannabeFinn
Marko Dano(((((

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
No. Saw quite a few ND games and he was always 1 of the best players on the ice. A "CBJ type" player. Good 2 way game with good offensive skills. Almost like a smaller Dubinsky. Tried to bring him up a couple times in this thread and others because of our injuries earlier but pretty much nobody had anything to say. Thought he should be given a look earlier in the year. Even some games as a winger on the 3rd or 4th line wouldn't RUIN him like it supposedly would Wennberg, Rychel, or Dano. He's easily a better option then Tropp, Cracknell, Collins, etc. He plays like a Letestu-Mackenzie hybrid. I'd like to add that this is another "great" trade by Howson to get a very good prospect/player/asset for an initial mistake that was clearly(or more than likely) going to turn into nothing at the NHL level until maybe 2020.

At this point, looking at the big picture of our prospects, their "estimated" trade value to the league, and our "young core", I think its CLEAR which prospect we should be looking to trade. Alexander Wennberg. The Swedish Filatov.

If people can say Anisimov doesn't seem to fit with the future of the CBJ the case can easily be made that Wennberg doesn't either.
I've always liked Tynan, I just didn't feel as certain that he'd be effective at the professional level due to his size (Atkinson is basically the same size but he doesn't play center like Tynan).

If he's the next Letestu/DMac then I think that'd be awesome.

Old
01-12-2015, 06:14 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:

I really hope you're being sarcastic. .

So many facepalms. . .

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2015, 06:45 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
[/B]

I really hope you're being sarcastic. .

So many facepalms. . .
Just ignore when those bits come up and read his actual input. I dont know if the other stuff if serious or not anymore...

Anyway for those interested Moutreys name was brought up in the prospects forum and people are saying some pretty good things about the guy and his play

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 02:40 AM
ndd17
Hate the rags!!!

I'm really like Tynan in this season, he is tied for firth in the rookie scoring race with 24 points(5 g, 19 a) in the AHL .
About "scoreless" Wennberg. I think we should give him two years, if and when there is not progress, when we can surely say TRADE.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 05:51 AM
EspenK

The AHL is full of guys who score at that level but for whatever reason can't bring it to the NHL. Not saying Tynan isn't a viable guy at the NHlL just that success at the AHL level doesn't mean success in the NHL.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 06:41 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Bjorkstrand WHL player of the week:

http://www.whl.ca/article/bjorkstran...he-week-jan-12

Really has improved his skating, and his physicality! That shortie is just a beauty, and his shot is just a canon!

Bjork is leading the league with Cole Sanford for Shorties with 6 of them.

Also his play with one hand on the stick has really improved, remember him always having to have two hands on his stick while moving the puck, he has clearly let go of that habit.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-13-2015 at 07:55 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2015, 10:44 PM
BLBow3r03

Rychel scored another goal tonight for Springfield.. now up to 10 goals, 23 points in 35 games... +6 as well.

BLBow3r03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 03:50 PM
WannabeFinn
Marko Dano(((((

feel bad for Milano being stuck in Plymouth/Flint

really hope he gets traded in the offseason or moves on to the AHL for 15/16

Old
01-15-2015, 06:51 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
feel bad for Milano being stuck in Plymouth/Flint

really hope he gets traded in the offseason or moves on to the AHL for 15/16
Ofcourse he wants to be winning but in a weird way I think he might like this. He's been in Eichel's shadow and therefor people assumed he was a passenger that benefited from Eichel when really they helped each other. Now he is without a doubt hes showing hes the guy on his team and putting up pretty big points for someone on an offensively challenged team and in his first year of the OHL.
I to would like to see him traded however, I'm not sure what the teams thought is in terms of the AHL. Bjorkstrand and Moutrey will be looking to move up next year I believe so I wonder how young of a team they really want. I know we have guys like Rychel and Dano knocking on the NHL but who knows if they'll crack the lineup right out of camp.

Old
01-16-2015, 10:53 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

But...but he's terrible

@gopherstate
3 Stars:
1) Joel Rumpel (UW - 47 saves)
2) Mike Reilly (10 shots on goal)
3) Jedd Soleway (UW - tying)

Same two teams tomorrow at 5:00

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2015, 12:20 PM
BLBow3r03

A CBJ prospect that goes unrecognized most of the time is Peter Quenneville. The captain of Brandon Wheat Kings had 2 goals last night in their win and now has 40 points in 45 games. Got off to a slow start but has turned it around lately. Brandon's won 8 out of their last 10 games.

BLBow3r03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBow3r03 View Post
A CBJ prospect that goes unrecognized most of the time is Peter Quenneville. The captain of Brandon Wheat Kings had 2 goals last night in their win and now has 40 points in 45 games. Got off to a slow start but has turned it around lately. Brandon's won 8 out of their last 10 games.
Not so much as forgotten but he's an overager playing in the CHL. While he seems like a good player, he's probably not much more than an AHL talent with occasional call up duty if he's signed. I'm not confident they sign him.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

CBJ Prospect Mike Reilly involved in altercation

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...bhit&id=488515

Reilly is the first to confront a Wisconsin player after a questionable hit, helping to incite what can only be described as a line scrum.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 12:52 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...bhit&id=488515

Reilly is the first to confront a Wisconsin player after a questionable hit, helping to incite what can only be described as a line scrum.
I love it. Exactly the type of player this team needs coming through the system. I feel he would fit right in.

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 09:19 AM
thebus2288

That trash doesn't belong in the game anymore!!

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Those with NHL Network can catch CBJ prospect Blake Sibenaler's Niagara Ice Dogs, on right now. Several other prospects in the game against Belleville, also...

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Bonin21

I never said Reilly isn't great offensively.
https://vine.co/v/OjO0D36nY56

It was a good leadership moment for him to confront Wittchow after the cheap shot.

Bonin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 05:08 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 07:29 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Bjorkstrand With 2g and 2a in a 8-2 Portland win.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2015, 09:37 PM
stevo61

Milano at 1.6 PPG pace and Bjorkstrand at 1.58 PPG

Old
01-18-2015, 11:23 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-3...pects-1.183391

Craig Button's top 30 prospects not in the NHL. We have Bjorkstrand at 20 and Reilly at 29

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2015, 12:51 AM
db2011

I don't get the hating on the Wennberg detractors. Yes, he's definitely been showing more the second time around, and he's a good prospect. But he really doesn't seem to fit what we are evidently trying to do here. He's not in the Blue Jackets mold, and that's obvious. We're not a team of technicians. If be can be packaged for an upgrade from a team that likes good back checking, finesse style players, you do it.

When we're giving long term term contracts to Duby and Foligno and appreciating the play of Calvert and Letestu, Wennberg becomes a totally different conversation. I've got nothing against the kid, he's showing up and progressing, but he's not in the same zip code of the guys we are building this team around

I feel like he was a home run swing by JK and he'll be a long double at best.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote