HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dinner/Parking by the ACC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 11:36 AM
  #1
TheCLAM
Registered User
 
TheCLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 500
Dinner/Parking by the ACC

I picked up a pair of good tickets cheap for Saturday's game against the Bruins. I'm taking the girl out to see her first game. Anyways where is the best place to park by the ACC and do you guys know any nice places to go for dinner? Just looking for a restaurant with an nice atmosphere. Appreciate the suggestions.

Cheers,

TheCLAM

TheCLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
  #2
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLAM View Post
I picked up a pair of good tickets cheap for Saturday's game against the Bruins. I'm taking the girl out to see her first game. Anyways where is the best place to park by the ACC and do you guys know any nice places to go for dinner? Just looking for a restaurant with an nice atmosphere. Appreciate the suggestions.

Cheers,

TheCLAM
If you are from Niagara, I'd consider just taking the GO Train in. Way less hassle trying to find parking downtown on a game night (cost would be around $25 to park anywhere within blocks of the ACC anyway).

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
  #3
SenorDingDong
Registered User
 
SenorDingDong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLAM View Post
I picked up a pair of good tickets cheap for Saturday's game against the Bruins. I'm taking the girl out to see her first game. Anyways where is the best place to park by the ACC and do you guys know any nice places to go for dinner? Just looking for a restaurant with an nice atmosphere. Appreciate the suggestions.

Cheers,

TheCLAM
Whats your price limit? Are you looking for like a sports bar type restaurant or more fancy / romantic?

Winterlicious is going on in Toronto right now. Discounts on fixed menus at restauraunts all over the city. I suggest you take a look and pic one:

http://www.toronto.ca/special_events...2013/index.htm

My recommendations not far from the ACC:

http://www.littleanthonys.ca/
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...D?opendocument
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...8?opendocument
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...6?opendocument
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...B?opendocument


Last edited by SenorDingDong: 01-31-2013 at 11:54 AM.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:48 AM
  #4
Deebo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
If you are from Niagara, I'd consider just taking the GO Train in. Way less hassle trying to find parking downtown on a game night (cost would be around $25 to park anywhere within blocks of the ACC anyway).
The parking lot in my condo building is across the intersection from the ACC.

ACC is NW corner of Bay and Lake Shore, the parking structure is SE corner and they charge $20 on Leaf game nights.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
  #5
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
The parking lot in my condo building is across the intersection from the ACC.

ACC is NW corner of Bay and Lake Shore, the parking structure is SE corner and they charge $20 on Leaf game nights.
Those fill up fast. I used to live across the street from ACC, and on game nights it was jammed very early. Get in quick!

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
  #6
The Big D
Registered User
 
The Big D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
There's a lot at yonge & queens quay (2 min walk granted) that's usually $15-20 on game nights and is pretty big. On the walk over to the acc you'll pass by a few joints- one being Harbor sixty if your into fancy steak houses

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
  #7
Urban Explorer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West T.dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
There is literally probably 50,000 parking spaces within a 10 min walk of the ACC. If you can't find parking you should probably not be driving because you would be blind.

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:18 PM
  #8
TheCLAM
Registered User
 
TheCLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
Whats your price limit? Are you looking for like a sports bar type restaurant or more fancy / romantic?

Winterlicious is going on in Toronto right now. Discounts on fixed menus at restauraunts all over the city. I suggest you take a look and pic one:

http://www.toronto.ca/special_events...2013/index.htm

My recommendations not far from the ACC:

http://www.littleanthonys.ca/
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...D?opendocument
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...8?opendocument
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...6?opendocument
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...B?opendocument
Thanks man I really appreciate it

TheCLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:18 PM
  #9
TheCLAM
Registered User
 
TheCLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
There is literally probably 50,000 parking spaces within a 10 min walk of the ACC. If you can't find parking you should probably not be driving because you would be blind.
Not from the area, thanks though.

TheCLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
  #10
Urban Explorer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West T.dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLAM View Post
Not from the area, thanks though.
You could be from the moon and find parking around the ACC. There are signs everywhere on every street.

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:21 PM
  #11
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 500
The Air Canada Club Restaurant is very nice, really impressive wine list. Pricey though - just under $600 for two for my visit, including a bottle and apps.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
  #12
Cool Beans Man
Registered User
 
Cool Beans Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
You could be from the moon and find parking around the ACC. There are signs everywhere on every street.
You're a nice person.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:29 PM
  #13
Urban Explorer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West T.dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans Man View Post
You're a nice person.
Thanks man. I try to help where I can.

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
  #14
ACC1224
Steelers 7 - 4
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bye week, thankfully
Posts: 29,156
vCash: 500
I almost always park on Front under The Lone Star, it's $15 - $18. It's about a 10 minute walk to the ACC.

Usually eat at http://theoverdraught.ca/ but from that parking you have many options and can head up(North) to King where you'll find some nicer restaurants.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
  #15
trader11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
E11even is pretty good and it's right beside the ACC in the Maple Leaf Square

http://www.e11even.ca/

trader11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
  #16
Urban Explorer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West T.dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
If you're doing the whole tourist thing why not take her to the CN tower 360 restaurant. Out of town girls love the 360 restaurant.

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:07 PM
  #17
Tak7
Registered User
 
Tak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA or the UK
Posts: 6,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
If you're doing the whole tourist thing why not take her to the CN tower 360 restaurant. Out of town girls love the 360 restaurant.
The food at 360 is god awful. Not worth it. Nice view and novelty, but if you are really into food quality be prepared to be disappointed.

I like E11even personally, and am going there tonight - my game day ritual for games is to go there for a few drinks and a pre-game meal. Nice food, good service, nice atmosphere. Good crowd closer to puck drop. Really good place to go after the game for a drink as well (pending the Leafs win).

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:13 PM
  #18
Urban Explorer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West T.dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
The food at 360 is god awful. Not worth it. Nice view and novelty, but if you are really into food quality be prepared to be disappointed.

I like E11even personally, and am going there tonight - my game day ritual for games is to go there for a few drinks and a pre-game meal. Nice food, good service, nice atmosphere. Good crowd closer to puck drop. Really good place to go after the game for a drink as well (pending the Leafs win).
I never said the food was good. I just said if you're doing the tourist thing you gotta go there (at least once in your life). And like I said, out of town girls love the 360.

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
  #19
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
if your not marrying this girl, take me with you.

you can pay for everything

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
  #20
You Like Boyce
Registered User
 
You Like Boyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Just get a hotel room for the night and live up to that nickname of yours

You Like Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
  #21
satyr9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
The Winterlicious idea was right, but IMO he missed the best one for you (although getting a table is going to be a real trick at this point):

http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...D?OpenDocument

54th Floor, so you get the 360 style wows (well not quite, but it's still cool, especially for out-of-towners, no offense intended), but with great food instead of blargh (no other words to describe). No question I'd do this place over Ruth Chris, Benihana, or The Keg type places.

A prix fixe that'll still be a little stingy on your pocket, but not poor house time bad, and you're two blocks straight north of the ACC, looking down on it in fact.

Reservation is probably hard (can't hurt to call though), although if it's early enough on Sat., you might get lucky. In fact, I'm gonna see if I can sneak in before the 7th with that menu at that price, but I promise I'll avoid Saturday before the game, just in case.

edit: for parking, there'll be a spot near wherever you're going and just park there. It's supposed to be fun, there is no point sweating the extra 5-10 bucks trying to find the cheaper parking pad. If you go a lot, it matters to find the special spot that'll save you hundreds a year, but one-time only, you park where it's convenient, and I promise you won't have a hard time finding a lot or garage in the area.

satyr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
  #22
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,477
vCash: 500
Nothing wrong with street meat for dinner!

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
  #23
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyr9 View Post
The Winterlicious idea was right, but IMO he missed the best one for you (although getting a table is going to be a real trick at this point):

http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restau...D?OpenDocument

54th Floor, so you get the 360 style wows (well not quite, but it's still cool, especially for out-of-towners, no offense intended), but with great food instead of blargh (no other words to describe). No question I'd do this place over Ruth Chris, Benihana, or The Keg type places.

A prix fixe that'll still be a little stingy on your pocket, but not poor house time bad, and you're two blocks straight north of the ACC, looking down on it in fact.

Reservation is probably hard (can't hurt to call though), although if it's early enough on Sat., you might get lucky. In fact, I'm gonna see if I can sneak in before the 7th with that menu at that price, but I promise I'll avoid Saturday before the game, just in case.

edit: for parking, there'll be a spot near wherever you're going and just park there. It's supposed to be fun, there is no point sweating the extra 5-10 bucks trying to find the cheaper parking pad. If you go a lot, it matters to find the special spot that'll save you hundreds a year, but one-time only, you park where it's convenient, and I promise you won't have a hard time finding a lot or garage in the area.
Yes to all of this.

There is also a lot underground at 20 York, which is as close to ACC as you can get (entrance is in Maple Leafs Square). HUGE lot, however, leaving might take some time.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
  #24
You Like Boyce
Registered User
 
You Like Boyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Nothing wrong with street meat for dinner!
Classy, inexpensive, quick...

The perfect meal. Just stay away from the krav kalash!

You Like Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
  #25
darkside flow
nickeleye cool lemon
 
darkside flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Royal Bank Plaza has the cheapest parking and best walking route to the ACC. $10 and you walk underground/indoors in the PATH and through Union Station right into ACC. It's at Bay and Wellington. Entrance is on Wellington just West of Bay on the south side.. it's a one way street.

Canyon Creek on Front Street is a short walk from the parking. They've got a decent three course Winterlicious menu on right now for $25 a head and the restaurant itself is great. Choice of starter, chicken/salmon/steak and desert.

http://www.canyoncreekchophouse.com/...DinnerMenu.pdf

darkside flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.