HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins place Zach Boychuk back on waivers (Claimed by Nashville)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Im sure Kunitz mr."im too sick to practice, but i can play the games" are gonna be in against Devils and Jeffrey gets the short end of the stick.

What has he done to Bylsma btw?? Im all for trying out the new guy, but either he should be on the 3rd line, or if they really wants him with Malkin, Jeffrey should be on the 3rd.
If Kunitz is sick, make him sit until he is better. It isn't helping him or the team to play sick. This isn't the SC playoffs.

I'm a little frustrated with Jeffrey being jerked around. I don't expect him to be an answer long term, but right now he is making things happen almost every shift with Malkin. He is finding Malkin with speed, supporting him, and even playing well along the boards. He also is coming hard on the backcheck.

Yet he still can't get a regular shift with that line and now it looks like he may be yanked off in favor of a waiver pickup. I'm not sure what else he needs to do to get an extended look. Score a HT every game?

Old
02-02-2013, 09:13 AM
mpp9

I almost wish Jeffrey gets moved so he can get regular minutes. Kid deserves it. Move him with a 2nd to bring in a big vet on D.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:32 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Every player has pressure to perform. Especially young players. But when you have the mindset that if you make a mistake, you will lose your spot on that line, see your ice time drop dramatically, or end up in the press box next game, I would imagine it would be hard to play that way. Seems like everything is very DTD for these non established players. While the vets have carte blanche.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Every player has pressure to perform. Especially young players. But when you have the mindset that if you make a mistake, you will lose your spot on that line, see your ice time drop dramatically, or end up in the press box next game, I would imagine it would be hard to play that way. Seems like everything is very DTD for these non established players. While the vets have carte blanche.
I can overlook the Tangradi stuff TD, because he played poorly with Malkin. However, Jeffrey has done all you can ask from a third wheel and he isn't getting an extended look.

This guy has done it the right way. He isn't Kassian who pouts about being in the A and dogs it. He worked hard in the A, dominated the A, gets called up and makes an impact right away, gets hurt, fights back, has a bad first game this year, has to sit, doesn't pout, makes the most of his next opportunity and looks good, but now gets bumped for a kid who wasn't fighting his way through the org. like Jeffrey.

I don't care for it....

Old
02-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Jag68Sid87

I agree. I would think this (Boychuk trial run) would alienate Tangradi and Jeffrey more than anything. And while I do agree that Tangradi hasn't played well with Malkin, I thought he played his best game (9 solid minutes) in his last appearance on the fourth line. Then, he sits and who knows when he gets back in now.

As for Jeffrey, he didn't do anything to suggest he couldn't play the 'Kunitz' role on the Malkin-Neal line, but he gets bumped as well.

The sad truth is we have room in our lineup for all three: Boychuk, Jeffrey AND Tangradi. They can each bring something. But that would require doing something absolutely sinful, like scratching Craig Adams.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I agree. I would think this (Boychuk trial run) would alienate Tangradi and Jeffrey more than anything. And while I do agree that Tangradi hasn't played well with Malkin, I thought he played his best game (9 solid minutes) in his last appearance on the fourth line. Then, he sits and who knows when he gets back in now.

As for Jeffrey, he didn't do anything to suggest he couldn't play the 'Kunitz' role on the Malkin-Neal line, but he gets bumped as well.

The sad truth is we have room in our lineup for all three: Boychuk, Jeffrey AND Tangradi. They can each bring something. But that would require doing something absolutely sinful, like scratching Craig Adams.
DB has made it clear he doesn't want Tangradi on the team. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Hopefully the guy catches on like Strait because he worked his ass of as well and changed his game around like they asked. People can put him down, but anyone who questions his work ethic are just haters.

I'm more annoyed about Jeffrey right now. Seriously, what does the guy have to do?

Even the MSG guys talked about how well he played the other night. We aren't imagining this.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Welcome to the country club.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:03 AM
SEALBound

The alarming thing about this Boychuk thing...is that Shero picked him up to play with Geno and Neal...which means he's somewhat content with Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis. THAT is sickening. THAT is what is hurting this team.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
If Kunitz is sick, make him sit until he is better. It isn't helping him or the team to play sick. This isn't the SC playoffs.

I'm a little frustrated with Jeffrey being jerked around. I don't expect him to be an answer long term, but right now he is making things happen almost every shift with Malkin. He is finding Malkin with speed, supporting him, and even playing well along the boards. He also is coming hard on the backcheck.

Yet he still can't get a regular shift with that line and now it looks like he may be yanked off in favor of a waiver pickup. I'm not sure what else he needs to do to get an extended look. Score a HT every game?
Jeffrey played very well with Geno, but it's not like DJ's getting scratched or demoted here, Jig...he got moved to Crosby's wing for practice.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:19 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Jeffrey played very well with Geno, but it's not like DJ's getting scratched or demoted here, Jig...he got moved to Crosby's wing for practice.
I'll be very surprised if Jeffrey is in the lineup. You know Kunitz will be in there if he has a pulse.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
And if Kunitz plays, where does Jeffrey play DD?

If Jeffrey is showing chemistry with Malkin and Neal, why move him off that line at all?

Isn't the whole purpose of trying guys together, to find chemistry? Keep feeding him ice time with those guys and see where it goes.

It makes zero sense, especially given the current options.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Sideline

Quote:
If Jeffrey is showing chemistry with Malkin and Neal, why move him off that line at all?

Isn't the whole purpose of trying guys together, to find chemistry? Keep feeding him ice time with those guys and see where it goes.

Didn't Bylsma once say he doesn't believe in chemistry?

Old
02-02-2013, 10:30 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
I can overlook the Tangradi stuff TD, because he played poorly with Malkin. However, Jeffrey has done all you can ask from a third wheel and he isn't getting an extended look.

This guy has done it the right way. He isn't Kassian who pouts about being in the A and dogs it. He worked hard in the A, dominated the A, gets called up and makes an impact right away, gets hurt, fights back, has a bad first game this year, has to sit, doesn't pout, makes the most of his next opportunity and looks good, but now gets bumped for a kid who wasn't fighting his way through the org. like Jeffrey.

I don't care for it....
Agreed on all points.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Didn't Bylsma once say he doesn't believe in chemistry?
It looks that way, but I hope not.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:31 AM
mpp9

Yep. It's pretty ****ing dumb.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
And if Kunitz plays, where does Jeffrey play DD?

I don't know Jig. But Kunitz playing is anything but guaranteed, and I presume Shero didn't pick up Boychuk so he could go sit in the pressbox.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:43 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
I don't know Jig. But Kunitz playing is anything but guaranteed, and I presume Shero didn't pick up Boychuk so he could go sit in the pressbox.
Then play Boychuk with Crosby and move Kunitz to the 3rd line for a game.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Then play Boychuk with Crosby and move Kunitz to the 3rd line for a game.
Or just try Boychuk on the tilt-a-whirl with Malkin and Neal while Kunitz is resting up.

Jeffrey was good, but sometimes we get pretty rigid in our thinking after one game. The LW spot next to Geno is anything but locked down. We now know Jeffrey is an option.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:53 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Or just try Boychuk on the tilt-a-whirl with Malkin and Neal while Kunitz is resting up.

Jeffrey was good, but sometimes we get pretty rigid in our thinking after one game. The LW spot next to Geno is anything but locked down. We now know Jeffrey is an option.
And what happens to Jeffrey if Kunitz is playing today? Is he scratched? Great message to send to the kid that just had his best game of the season, and looked good playing with Malkin. Or do they scratch a 4th liner? We all know Bylsma won't do that, and if he does it will be Vitale who is probably the least deserving one to be scratched.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
That's great and all DD, but why give preferential treatment to a waiver wire pickup? I'm not saying he might not fit, but Jeffrey showed in two games he can help.

Maybe Jeffrey falls apart and plays ****** at some point, but give him the chance he earned to show one way or another he can hang with Malkin.

This line shuffling is just so bizarre.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
And what happens to Jeffrey if Kunitz is playing today? Is he scratched? Great message to send to the kid that just had his best game of the season, and looked good playing with Malkin. Or do they scratch a 4th liner? We all know Bylsma won't do that, and if he does it will be Vitale who is probably the least deserving one to be scratched.
First off, we sometimes have a tendency on this board of tearing out our hair and running around in circles worrying about what might happen. Jeffrey acquitted himself well last game, and I don't think he'll be scratched.

If he is, I guess the coaching staff likes Boychuk and really wants to see what he can do, since it's acknowledged by many observers that it could be a very limited trial run that ends when Niskanen comes back. It's not like they would be moving Jeffrey off the line to put ET or TK back there.

Quote:
That's great and all DD, but why give preferential treatment to a waiver wire pickup? I'm not saying he might not fit, but Jeffrey showed in two games he can help.

Maybe Jeffrey falls apart and plays ****** at some point, but give him the chance he earned to show one way or another he can hang with Malkin.

This line shuffling is just so bizarre.
Maybe because Boychuk could be back on waivers as soon as Niskanen returns, and they want to give him every opportunity in that short window to succeed. If Jeffrey has sustainable chemistry with Malkin, it's not going to go away after a few games away from him.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Jaded-Fan

Watching him in warmups. He is a pretty slick skater. Can not tell much from this though

Old
02-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Maybe because Boychuk could be back on waivers as soon as Niskanen returns, and they want to give him every opportunity in that short window to succeed. If Jeffrey has sustainable chemistry with Malkin, it's not going to go away after a few games away from him.
I get that. The point is I don't agree with it.

If Boychuk fits in with Malkin and Jeffrey loses his spot in the lineup, it is BS.

So many on here talk about young guys earning their spot, Jeffrey does, then gets booted for Boychuk.

Again, I just don't care for it.

Just my opinion.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:01 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
First off, we sometimes have a tendency on this board of tearing out our hair and running around in circles worrying about what might happen. Jeffrey acquitted himself well last game, and I don't think he'll be scratched.

If he is, I guess the coaching staff likes Boychuk and really wants to see what he can do, since it's acknowledged by many observers that it could be a very limited trial run that ends when Niskanen comes back. It's not like they would be moving Jeffrey off the line to put ET or TK back there.

I've been vehemently against moving Kunitz from Sid's line, but would it really be so bad to give the secirst line someone who could finish? Sid needs someone with offensive talent, and he's been wanting to pass more than shoot, seems like he needs an offensive guy more than Geno's line needs 2. I *guess* i'd rather experience with Kunitz on fircond line and Boychuk on Sid's line, at least until ZB proves he can't play.

and DJ was benched. I just don't understand the coaching decisions here. Tangradi plays his best game: scratched. DJ looks like a competent player: scratched. Oohhhhhhhhhh kayyyyyyyyyyy.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
I get that. The point is I don't agree with it.

If Boychuk fits in with Malkin and Jeffrey loses his spot in the lineup, it is BS.

So many on here talk about young guys earning their spot, Jeffrey does, then gets booted for Boychuk.

Again, I just don't care for it.

Just my opinion.
You don't care for it because it's a ****** message to send your young players. It's pretty straightforward. Not much to analyze, here.

It's no wonder the team has done so well developing their prospects.

Closed Thread