HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins place Zach Boychuk back on waivers (Claimed by Nashville)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 03:18 PM
plaidchuck

vCash: 500
Anything is possibly hell you'll probably see Eaton on Crosby's line next game

Old
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I was really confused by the decision to not give Boychuk a look against Carolina. I thought, even as a professional courtesy, that would be the right move. Put him with Brandon Sutter and give him a chance to make it a memorable night. However, I can also see the flip side of the coin where you don't want a player coming out complacent because he's playing against a lot of his friends. Tough spot.

Do you guys think he'll stay with Pittsburgh as the 13th or 14th forward or will he eventually be back on waivers? Does he get another chance?
I don't know. He really hasn't shown anything. Outside of a few good plays. But like others have mentioned, he doesn't seem willing to pay the price to make plays. And he isn't good enough to produce as only a perimeter player.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:23 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Guess I'm in the minority in not seeing one iota of "offensive creativity" in Boychuk's game.

Only thing I saw from him was a fast guy who was decent on the breakout but didn't want the puck in the offensive zone, had no vision, didn't look for holes in coverage and was both unwilling to fight for body position and unable to get it anyway in every situation.

Let's-not-and-say-we-did hockey. "I was seven feet from the net coach, look how good I'm doing." Sorry Zack, I noticed the D had your stick in the air and you made no attempt to fight to get it back on the ice.

Fourth line's assignment is to bang guys and keep the puck in the zone. Whether or not that's being accomplished, it's a mystery to me why anyone would think that Boychuk would in any way be capable of doing either of those things to any degree.

Better to waive Boychuk and call up Sill or Farnham if you think the fourth line isn't doing its job. At least they have some of what would be needed to succeed in that assignment as opposed to nothing.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
deakka

On waivers again

Old
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
On waivers again
I thought he could be a useful piece to replace TK after this season but won't lose sleep on it when he gets claimed.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
In addition to NSH claiming Bobby Butler from NJD on waivers, PIT puts Zach Boychuk on waivers
via @TSNBobMcKenzie

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...26392529133568

Old
03-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Quote:
In addition to NSH claiming Bobby Butler from NJD on waivers, PIT puts Zach Boychuk on waivers
via @TSNBobMcKenzie

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...26392529133568
Expected that with Malkin coming back. Only other options were to send one of Despres or Bennett down or put Martin on IR.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Would of liked to see Martin retro-actively IR'd so we could keep Boychuk.

You can't predict injuries.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4057
The Canes can send him directly back to Charlotte, and Charlotte is brutally depleted right now with all our injuries and callups, so I seriously doubt he clears. Hope you enjoyed his uselessness while you did!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Mod or OP should change the thread title to reflect that Pens have placed ZB back on waivers.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Expected that with Malkin coming back. Only other options were to send one of Despres or Bennett down or put Martin on IR.
Looks like Bennett is here to stay so that's nice. And DayPray needs to be playing every night.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
The Canes can send him directly back to Charlotte, and Charlotte is brutally depleted right now with all our injuries and callups, so I seriously doubt he clears. Hope you enjoyed his uselessness while you did!

The kid tries hard but can't stay on his skates and can't finish. He's fun to watch because he can buzz around and get chances but also frustrating to watch because of that inability to ever finish those chances.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Erz8771

vCash: 100
Thought I read that Jim Rutherford would snag him back if the Pens waived him...

Old
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Think he'll be claimed myself. Wouldn't be missed though.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erz8771 View Post
Thought I read that Jim Rutherford would snag him back if the Pens waived him...
He did and he will. Just a matter of if another team wants to put in a claim and give him a shot in the NHL. Otherwise Carolina will claim him and send him to Charlotte (AHL).

Old
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
He did and he will. Just a matter of if another team wants to put in a claim and give him a shot in the NHL. Otherwise Carolina will claim him and send him to Charlotte (AHL).
Carolina gets first dibs on him, being that they lost him to waivers.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Otherwise Carolina will claim him and send him to Charlotte (AHL).
Imagine the **** he's going to get from his AHL teammates..

''You got a chance to play with Malkin and Neal and you blew it?!''

Old
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
Carolina gets first dibs on him, being that they lost him to waivers.
I've seen that debated in other threads.

Someone posted this on the trade board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Pretty sure the first priority thing is a myth causes by teams often reclaiming their players.

He is on waivers and it is reverse order of the standings as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
I think you are correct. I took a quick look through the old CBA and nowhere did I see anything about the original team getting first dibs. Unless it changed in this CBA, it's still reverse standings.

Quote:
13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular, Re-Entry or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...258831&page=37

Old
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

I figure Carolina re-claims him. They said they would, were he placed back on waivers.

Farewell, Bourquechuk. We hardly knew ya.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Imagine the **** he's going to get from his AHL teammates..

''You got a chance to play with Malkin and Neal and you blew it?!''
Yeah, I bet he will. I watched videos of him in the AHL and he seems like a fun loving guy so I think he'll handle it well. He still blew a good chance though. He didn't even have to find his own place here. He stayed at Sutter's place, got to play with Malkin and Neal but blew too many glorious scoring chances to stick I suppose. Bennett and Jeffrey playing well probably knocked him off the roster too.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Jag68Sid87

Shero gets an F for asset management this year, and it's not even close.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Shero gets an F for asset management this year, and it's not even close.
Why?

Old
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Why?
I was thinking the same thing. I would have liked to seen Boychuk tried with Crosby, but thats on Bylsma. As for him taking a chance on ZB, it was nothing lost by doing so.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I would have liked to seen Boychuk tried with Crosby, but thats on Bylsma. As for him taking a chance on ZB, it was nothing lost by doing so.
How many players did we forcefully deal this year for minimal gain, after KNOWING full well we had a numbers issue heading into the off-season, BEFORE the lockout? And one of those players was lost for nothing. Boychuk will make it two.

Why are we waiving Boychuk? Could we not use a 23-year-old winger? He's clearly not ready to be a top-six winger, but can someone tell me with a straight face that he doesn't deserve at least a LOOK on RW next to Sutter (instead of the black hole sporting jersey No. 48)?

With guys like Tangradi and Boychuk, this organization had a No. 2 Line LW-or-bust mentality...as if everything is perfect on the third and fourth lines. Which is assinine. Tangradi's better than Tanner Glass, and it's not close, and Boychuk is better than Kennedy (if not Adams).

Jeffrey's next. Only a matter of time. We're a joke.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
How many players did we forcefully deal this year for minimal gain, after KNOWING full well we had a numbers issue heading into the off-season, BEFORE the lockout? And one of those players was lost for nothing. Boychuk will make it two.

Why are we waiving Boychuk? Could we not use a 23-year-old winger? He's clearly not ready to be a top-six winger, but can someone tell me with a straight face that he doesn't deserve at least a LOOK on RW next to Sutter (instead of the black hole sporting jersey No. 48)?

With guys like Tangradi and Boychuk, this organization had a No. 2 Line LW-or-bust mentality...as if everything is perfect on the third and fourth lines. Which is assinine. Tangradi's better than Tanner Glass, and it's not close, and Boychuk is better than Kennedy (if not Adams).

Jeffrey's next. Only a matter of time. We're a joke.
Im totally with you on that one. I liked the pick up and didnt think he should be tried with just Malkin but im not the one making the decisions. Somethings gotta give sooner or later. Jeffery will either be given a chance or will get tired of being in and out and ask for a trade. Kennedy - I dont know what to say anymore about him

Closed Thread