HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - edm

Old
02-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Mahleezer

vCash: 500
Mtl - edm

Magnus Pajaarvi

Lars Eller

Habs need a winger, Edmonton needs a center... well they need D but a 3rd center as well and I believe a change of scenery will do wonders for both players.

What do the fan bases think?

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:05 AM
OneSharpMarble

Not bad at all. Paajarvi is a LW too so he will be able to play in Paciorettys spot until he gets back or beside Galchenyuk.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:08 AM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
Eller is more proven player than Paajarvi is but in the other hand Paajarvi's potential is 10x Eller's potential. Maybe something about this would be fine for both teams?

Eller, 4th round <-> Paajarvi

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Soundwave

What type of game does Eller play? Physical?

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:21 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Pass, Eller is not the answer to the Oilers needs. The Oilers still have hopes for Magnus Pajaarvi, will be a solid 3rd line winger for the Oilers.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Paajarvi for a younger version on Horcoff?

Although the value seems fair

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:35 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Pass. Oilers need PRV's skillset more than Eller's. Thanks for not propositing Yak for Subban like I was expecting though

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:40 AM
5cupstandard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Pass, Eller is not the answer to the Oilers needs. The Oilers still have hopes for Magnus Pajaarvi, will be a solid 3rd line winger for the Oilers.
i thought MPS was playing some of the best hockey I've seen him play, as of yet. Finally finishing checks. I think having Harty in the system, especially since he plays a high intensity, physical, "I will do anything to get that puck from the tough areas to the high conversion rate areas at all cost. Reminds me of an older 27 - 32yo Esa Tikkanen. Paajarvi has tried to become a high speed high scoring winger. But with Harty in the system, I think he is realizing Teemu is passing him on the depth chart. He knows he has to adapt, that is... If he wants to play.

If Horcoff didnt go down... Maggie would still be in the big time. The positional need is the only reason he isnt getting his chance. Not cause of his play. I see Magnus being a player we trade, and then he goes on a tear(e.g. Lupul, Cole, Visnovsky).

5cupstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:21 AM
canadianeh

very good proposal. Eller has been bounced around in Montreal lineup. I still think if he were left alone to play C on the 3rd line he would excel. But MTL has too many C's and MPS would be a nice risk/reward. He hasn't worked out so far for Edm, and with so many offensive players, he's really redundant.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Domino11

I think it a win win trade .. Mps and Eller need a change of scenario ! Both have skill and both will need the other team so yes for a deal ! Good proposal

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
What type of game does Eller play? Physical?
He can when he chooses too. He just needs a kick from time to time to do so.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

So let me get this straight... Eller is in a bit of trouble because Therrien wants him to be a bit more intense. Yet, they would trade him for... Pajaarvi?!?

I'll keep Eller, thank you very much.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Drydenwasthebest

I don't see it happening. Eller is further along in his development. Therrien is simply an a$$ trying to use a big stick to get the team into what he considers "shape". He is also really pounding on some of the younger guysrice, Subban, Eller, etc... It seems like he wants to beat people into submission. It is a disturbing and classic case of "power vs authority" dynamics. I hope it doesn't blow up in his face.

As far as value, let MPS prove a bit more before we trade a solid 3rd line checking center with size and skill for him. MPS and a 2nd would be closer to fair value.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:29 AM
JesusBouillon

Meh, Paajarvi looks like a huge bust.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
JustinCider

Eller is basically what we hope to have in Lander. Paajarvi still has potential, he has speed and size, you can't teach either of those. I'd keep working with him. Also, makes no sense for this year as we have 3rd line centre in Horcoff and a 4th line centre in Belanger.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He can when he chooses too. He just needs a kick from time to time to do so.
Also, he needs to play at center to be effective, and we can't really do that with DD, Pleks and Chucky ahead of him on the depth chart.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:39 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cupstandard View Post
i thought MPS was playing some of the best hockey I've seen him play, as of yet. Finally finishing checks. I think having Harty in the system, especially since he plays a high intensity, physical, "I will do anything to get that puck from the tough areas to the high conversion rate areas at all cost. Reminds me of an older 27 - 32yo Esa Tikkanen. Paajarvi has tried to become a high speed high scoring winger. But with Harty in the system, I think he is realizing Teemu is passing him on the depth chart. He knows he has to adapt, that is... If he wants to play.

If Horcoff didnt go down... Maggie would still be in the big time. The positional need is the only reason he isnt getting his chance. Not cause of his play. I see Magnus being a player we trade, and then he goes on a tear(e.g. Lupul, Cole, Visnovsky).
With Smith retiring (hopefully soon ) the Oilers will need a player to replace him on the 3rd line and that will be Paajarvi. Harti doesn't have the speed or hockey sense to play that position. The Oilers have a number of Harti types coming up through the system, but nothing like MPS. MPS may never score that 20-30 goals Tik did, but he will be a excellent shut down forward. If the Oilers ever found a C to play along side him that could put the puck in the net or pass things would be different. Teemu is not passing MPS if anything it's the other way around. Teemu needs to bring his game night in and night out and he isn't. There is also the question of Harti's skating, is it NHL caliber. Eller is not going help the Oilers, and what I saw of Lander the other night, I ask the question why make this trade.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Meh, Paajarvi looks like a huge bust.
No more than Eller who is 2 years older and still being a healthy scratch.

Not sure where Eller fits in the Oilers line up. Especially if he is only effective at center. He isn't going to be on either of the top 2 lines ahead of RNH and Gagner, and he isn't going to take a spot from the veterans in Horcoff/Belanger for the 3rd/4th role.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:02 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
No more than Eller who is 2 years older and still being a healthy scratch.

Not sure where Eller fits in the Oilers line up. Especially if he is only effective at center. He isn't going to be on either of the top 2 lines ahead of RNH and Gagner, and he isn't going to take a spot from the veterans in Horcoff/Belanger for the 3rd/4th role.
Yes, way more than Eller.

Eller will never be the big scoring center we hoped for, but he's already a decent 3rd line center. Paajarvi is supposed to bring offense and he got pedestrian numbers in the AHL in his 3rd pro year, that's alarming.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Beendair Donedat

I think both players would benefit from a change in scenery. I wouldn't mind tweaking the trade a bit though from the original proposal:

To Edmonton: Lars Eller, 4th round pick

To Montreal: Pajaarvi, Theo Peckham.

Montreal would than flip one of Kaberle or Weber in a deal.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I think the Oilers will hang on to Paajarvi.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:19 AM
rockinghockey

I think it is a good deal but I think it is more of deal that both teams make in the off season.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Yes, way more than Eller.

Eller will never be the big scoring center we hoped for, but he's already a decent 3rd line center. Paajarvi is supposed to bring offense and he got pedestrian numbers in the AHL in his 3rd pro year, that's alarming.
Paajarvi is shaping up to be a decent 3rd liner too. Good PKer, back checks hard, great size and elite speed. Limited offensive upside. There isn't really all that much between Eller and Paajarvi imo. Other than one is center and one is wing while being 2 years younger. At least we can send Paajarvi down to the minors and give him playing time. Eller would just sit in our press box waiting for an injury to get him into the lineup.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:39 AM
bud12

no need of Paajarvi

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Paajarvi is shaping up to be a decent 3rd liner too. Good PKer, back checks hard, great size and elite speed. Limited offensive upside. There isn't really all that much between Eller and Paajarvi imo. Other than one is center and one is wing while being 2 years younger. At least we can send Paajarvi down to the minors and give him playing time. Eller would just sit in our press box waiting for an injury to get him into the lineup.
Ya, lets be fair, a deal like this wouldn't happen until/unless Edmonton dumps Horcoff. For that matter, I'm not sure Montreal makes this deal when Patches gets healthy. Unless they decide to dump/move Bourque. Regardless, I think this is an idea worth revisiting in the offseason.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote