HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stars you wouldn't want on your team

Old
02-02-2013, 06:40 AM
StittsvilleJames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Ignoring cap/contract issues, there's no "star" I wouldn't want on the team. Maybe if there was a star in the league that was a rapist or something, otherwise no. If they're a "star" then they're obviously one of the best players in the league, and I'll welcome in anyone of that talent and quickly get over any grudges against them if they are helping my team win. Do they make the team have a better chance of winning the cup? everything else is secondary, unless we are talking about some sort of really serious issues surrounding the guy, I wouldn't welcome in a Mike Vick equivalent.
This is why i can't stand the Steelers or the Ravens. Ones a rapist, ones a murderer.

Anyways, I would not want Heatley (back). Pretty sure the feeling is mutual though!

StittsvilleJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:26 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Stars I wouldn't want on my team:

Robidas, Jagr, Roy, Rome, Fiddler to name a few...

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
TCL40

Ovechkin. I think he is selfish and has a lazy streak in him.

There are some I wouldn't take for the cap hit, but I would happily take on some for a star like Malkin who works for his pay (he carried the pens on his back with Crosby out).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Ramenbot

As a Ducks fan, Ovechkin, for one big obvious reason.

Ramenbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Bieber fever

Kessel , OV

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:24 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Oie. I think the hate for Crosby is old and that you still hear the "whining" and "favored treatment" that people talked about 5+ years ago. Give it a break. It's like the attribution bias applied to a player: he does something wrong or a call goes his way = he’s a whinier and Bettman loves him. Someone else does something wrong or a call goes their way = it’s part of the game. You have to have some really thick team glasses on to really hate Crosby unless he came out and said he likes to eat kittens for breakfast or something.

I'm a Pens fan and hate the Flyers as much as the next guy, but can still admit that having Giroux on the team would be killer. He would be an amazing playmaker and I could see a Malkin - Giroux - Neal line being the most productive line currently out there.

As far as the original question, not taking caps into consideration, I honestly just wouldn't want anyone that would affect the team chemistry. Ovi might do that for the Pens, but I'm not sure. He could also rock it with Malkin. I personally wouldn't want Radulov on the team because of his attitude, but I think he's done with the NHL. I probably wouldn't want Tim Thomas either for similar reasons. Not that he isn't a great goaltender, but the Pens goalie situation is very finickiy as it is - the last thing we need is another question mark in front of the net.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote