HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ballard for a 3rd Line Center

Old
02-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Fraser Read

vCash: 500
Ballard for a 3rd Line Center

So I'm just curious what the market out there could be for a guy like Ballard. The Canucks may be feeling the need to balance out their left and right defensemen and if a right D is brought in Ballard would be the odd man out with Edler, Hamhuis and Garrison ahead of him. I'm curious what kind of interest would be out there for him, he has been very good for the canucks thus far this year, but I feel that acquiring a strong 3rd line center would be realistic. Potential throw ins could be Higgins, Raymond or Schroeder.

Fraser Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
I'd rather see how Schroeder does before we start looking outside the organization for help.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Ho Borvat

When you say you would throw in Raymond/Higgins/Schroeder (who kinda make up our 2nd/3rd line) it doesn't really make a lot of sense (unless we were getting a very good young 3C, or a Dave Bolland both of which are unlikely).

There was discussion about a Ballard for Antropov swap at the deadline

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
StringerBell

Our defense isn't deep enough to be trading away everyday guys. There's no way in hell we should have Alberts in a top 6 role. Whatever we could get back for Ballard we likely already have a better player up front in that spot.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Fraser Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
When you say you would throw in Raymond/Higgins/Schroeder (who kinda make up our 2nd/3rd line) it doesn't really make a lot of sense (unless we were getting a very good young 3C, or a Dave Bolland both of which are unlikely).

There was discussion about a Ballard for Antropov swap at the deadline
When Healthy I don't see where both Raymond/Higgins fit in the lineup so If an "elite" 3C was being brought in I wouldn't be opposed to moving one of them.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Fraser Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Our defense isn't deep enough to be trading away everyday guys. There's no way in hell we should have Alberts in a top 6 role. Whatever we could get back for Ballard we likely already have a better player up front in that spot.
This is all riding under the assumption that the Canucks acquired a right D. Potentially through a goalie trade.