HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Scott destroys Thornton

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM
studebaker1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
they aren't dirty. People like to think they are but they just play tough. Its not their fault if others teams are a bunch of softy *** that can't stand up. Its funny because the people who think they are dirty are in majority fan of ***** team like Habs,Canucks,old sabres, etc.....
Lucic hitting Miller is "playing tough"? Then he acts all nonchalant about it, even autographing a picture of it? He's a ******* and hardly the toughest guy in the league. That whole incident was at the root of Scott's signing, and Thornton had to pony up for Lucic - and the Bruin community's - pride over a gutless hit last season. I have absolutely zero respect for Lucic and I just wish he'd drop them more with serious heavyweights so the myth of Lucic would just fade away. Even if he does drop them more often with serious fighters he'll probably call in the refs again like he did when Orr was tuning him up.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM
pld459666

Not going to go through the 5+ pages, but I have never seen Thornton "turtle"

He got hammered here.

Dude leaves on his shield, thats for sure.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:01 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
I respect tough hockey teams but the Bruins are just straight up DIRTY!
We get it, you don't like the Bruins. Move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Scott on Thornton from 2 years ago:

He said that? Thats fine. He can say what he wants, said Hawks enforcer Scott to the Chicago Tribune. Hes going after some of our littlest guys on our team to start a fight. Hes trying to challenge [Fernando] Pisani to a fight. Whats that say about him?

Hes Mr. Tough Guy and hes trying to challenge Pisani. If Im in the lineup, hes more than welcome to come chirp at me. Ill kick the [bleep] out of him.
This was taken out of context. If I recall, Thornton got high stuck that game, and as he was bleeding and headed to the room to get stitches, Pisani or someone on the Hawks bench thought it was a good time to chirp at him. Thornton took exception and some words were exchanged.

You know what's funny? This is the high point of John Scott's career, beating up Shawn Thornton, a guy with 2 rings who Scott would kill to trade careers with.

Remember that. I can see why Sabres fans would be happy about this, but the rest of you just mostly come off as whiney losers frankly.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker1 View Post
Lucic hitting Miller is "playing tough"? Then he acts all nonchalant about it, even autographing a picture of it? He's a ******* and hardly the toughest guy in the league. That whole incident was at the root of Scott's signing, and Thornton had to pony up for Lucic - and the Bruin community's - pride over a gutless hit last season. I have absolutely zero respect for Lucic and I just wish he'd drop them more with serious heavyweights so the myth of Lucic would just fade away. Even if he does drop them more often with serious fighters he'll probably call in the refs again like he did when Orr was tuning him up.
so I guess I can call the Sabres a bunch of dirty pos because they have Ott and Kaleta in their line up???? Bruins aren't more dirty then all the other teams /end

Old
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
Jack Edwards tears are delicious.

I hope Lucic steps up the next time these two teams play...but who am i kidding

Old
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
they aren't dirty. People like to think they are but they just play tough. Its not their fault if others teams are a bunch of softy *** that can't stand up. Its funny because the people who think they are dirty are in majority fan of ***** team like Habs,Canucks,old sabres, etc.....

Just from last year...

Old
02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Colton Orr's out w/ the flu.
He played last night and was trying to get Erskine to fight.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
studebaker1*

Quote:
so I guess I can call the Sabres a bunch of dirty pos because they have Ott and Kaleta in their line up???? Bruins aren't more dirty then all the other teams /end
Not really a logical comparison. Ott and Kaleta are agitators who throw the body around and Sabres fans don't make them out to to be anything more. Boston fans make Lucic out to be the toughest player around when he's not even close. The Miller hit, and the way Lucic and Bruins fans handled the incident was one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen. Lucic is the source of all of this and he knows it - everyone knows it. It sucks that Thornton got concussed and I hope he fully recovers, but that's his job, to protect players like Lucic who would get mopped up by the toughest guys in the league.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not going to go through the 5+ pages, but I have never seen Thornton "turtle"

He got hammered here.

Dude leaves on his shield, thats for sure.
You right, he didn't turtle.
It was a mix of fighting, stanky leg and chicken dance.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
bud12

to Hockey Mind,

I can probably do it with the habs too.........

Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Idk. Hal Gill has never lost a fight. Size is everything!
Hal Gill lost a fight against Rick Rypien...unless you were being sarcastic.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Not really a logical comparison. Ott and Kaleta are agitators who throw the body around and Sabres fans don't make them out to to be anything more. Boston fans make Lucic out to be the toughest player around when he's not even close. The Miller hit, and the way Lucic and Bruins fans handled the incident was one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen. Lucic is the source of all of this and he knows it - everyone knows it. It sucks that Thornton got concussed and I hope he fully recovers, but that's his job, to protect players like Lucic who would get mopped up by the toughest guys in the league.
You sound like cryin ryan

Old
bud12

Quote:
so Bruins are dirty because Bruins fan think Lucic is the toughest player around???

p.s: Kaleta and Ott are more dirty then anyone on the Bruins and its not even close.

lol I'm a habs fan and I defend the Bruins, its priceless

Old
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
to Hockey Mind,

I can probably do it with the habs too.........
Alright, lol.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Funny to see all the Habs, Canucks & Sabres fans in here. Must be great to celebrate a fight victory. Not much else to celebrate huh?

Old
02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Funny to see all the Habs, Canucks & Sabres fans in here. Must be great to celebrate a fight victory. Not much else to celebrate huh?
Haven't actually seen a ton of Canucks fans in here, and the ones I have seen have been saying that Thornton showed alot of toughness for going up against Scott, which I don't think anyone could disagree with. He gambled on getting the right hold and he lost.

But, ya know. Continue.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
so Bruins are dirty because Bruins fan think Lucic is the toughest player around???

p.s: Kaleta and Ott are more dirty then anyone on the Bruins and its not even close.

lol I'm a habs fan and I defend the Bruins, its priceless
lol no, you are somebody trying to fake being a Habs fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:46 PM
The Kid

Quote:
Wasn't Lucic voted BY HIS PEERS (NHLPA) to be the toughest player in the league?

So who are you really arguing with here? You are spilling Haterade all over yourself while destroying any shred of credibility. Forget the fans, the player's association thinks he is the toughest in the league. Do you have more cred to judge Lucic than them? Forget it, we all already know the answer.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
bud12

Quote:
lol no, you are somebody trying to fake being a Habs fan.
no, I'm a habs fan who don't have homer glasses and like the fighting part in hockey. Did you see the videos that I posted? Habs are dirty
Just do a research with my name, you will see my post are in majority in the fight and habs board....

Old
02-01-2013, 01:11 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Just do a research with my name, you will see my post are in majority in the fight and habs board....
I did, and you're a Bruins fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Jigger77

Not usually big on fights. But I enjoyed this one!

I hope Jack Edwards recovers.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
hockeyrules123

Shawn, I was not impressed by your performance.

Your friend, John

Old
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
We get it, you don't like the Bruins. Move along.

This was taken out of context. If I recall, Thornton got high stuck that game, and as he was bleeding and headed to the room to get stitches, Pisani or someone on the Hawks bench thought it was a good time to chirp at him. Thornton took exception and some words were exchanged.

You know what's funny? This is the high point of John Scott's career, beating up Shawn Thornton, a guy with 2 rings who Scott would kill to trade careers with.

Remember that. I can see why Sabres fans would be happy about this, but the rest of you just mostly come off as whiney losers frankly.
Don't know if the high point of Scott's career but it sure is the end of Thornton's.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
ShooTer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I think the hate for Boston goes deeper than just Montreal, Buffalo, and Vancouver fans. When was the last time a fight thread had over 8 pages ( and counting) of comments? There is no coincidence that it is because a Bruins player had his bell rung.

I thinks it speaks volumes.
lol half of the pages are posts of Bruins fans try to defend Thornton getting noodled !! It was a hockey fight ..2 fighters engaged and one got noodled. There really is not much of an argument to be made. They can argue all they want on who is the better player BUT that has nothing to do with losing a fight.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
You right, he didn't turtle.
It was a mix of fighting, stanky leg and chicken dance.

Closed Thread