HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Marchand thinks Ruff is disrespectful

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
  #101
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
Lucic had a problem with Poo because he went after Krejci earlier and you do realize that Patches head never hit the stantion right?
Didn't Krejci start that scrum with Pouliot and then got his ass handed to him by Pouliot or was that a different game?

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
  #102
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
He backs it up with his play. He's one hell of a player.
This ... Every team along with its fan base would LOVE to have him on their team. Kid can play.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
  #103
Justin St Pierre
Registered User
 
Justin St Pierre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
I'm not sure what Marchand found disrespectful, but I'm also not sure I really care about what Marchand or any other player says, either. I guess that makes this a wash for me.

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
  #104
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
How about Lucic trying to fight Pouliot after Chara had decapitated Pacioretty earlier in the game?
On the same line, Norton trying to start something after the incident.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:51 PM
  #105
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,694
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
Lucic had a problem with Poo because he went after Krejci earlier and you do realize that Patches head never hit the stantion right?
Yup. He never broke his neck. That never happened at all. What ****ing -difference- does any of it make? It was a dirty hit, a dirty play, done by a dirty player, against someone he had a personal beef with and had been chasing around since the OT goal.

Who cares if Lucic had a problem with Pouliot? Settle it another time. Show some -respect- for a player who was in critical condition. For the team, who at that point, wasn't thinking about the game but was thinking about the health of another human being. Something clearly lost on the Bruins.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
  #106
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,419
vCash: 500
Julien sends his goons when he know the game is lost, out comes 6'8 behemoth who just KO'ed Thornton.No Bruin attempted ****.You know damn well Claude sent his thug out to start something and it's well within Ruff's right to use his timeout to get things settled correctly.It took an extra one minute cry more Marchand.Blame your coach, Ruff never wouldn't have done it if Julien didn't send out his goon /end of story.

I Guess everyone forgot Johnny Girlchuck viciously two handed slashing Vaneks leg in the '10 playoffs and took him out of a couple games in the series which totally turned the tide.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
  #107
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
The sad part is ... There's not one Bruins fan so far that I've read that can see this without bias.

First event... Line change done by Boston

Second event... Line change done by Buffalo. Ruff not realizing fast enough the players Boston sent out on the ice.

Third event... Time out, Buffalo

Forth event... Player change during timeout


Any coach with half a brain would do the same exact thing. Especially if the coach didn't like the match up. Think it thru. Think strategy. Use logic.
On HF main boards? NEVER!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 PM
  #108
hopkinsj31
Registered User
 
hopkinsj31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
I'm of the belief Lindy purposely left Scott on the bench so he could be a total toolbag and call the timeout. He doesn't have the stones to admit that so he created a copout.

Anyone who thinks that Lindy Ruff wasn't trying to send some form of message with that timeout is a complete jackwagon.

hopkinsj31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
  #109
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 35,760
vCash: 500
Marchand sure does a lot of talking in the media using negative connotations about others which apply even more so to himself.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
  #110
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
What's that about? Marchand go home you're drunk. Marchand seems to comment a bit too much on other teams after the games, it seems there is a thread about every Marchand's comment after each Bruins game, he's entering Avery's territory.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
  #111
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,703
vCash: 500
If Lindy's afraid of Mac then he has more issues then we thought.

Kid isn't going to jeopardize his chance to stat in the line up by start something at the end of the game.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
  #112
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
The sad part is ... There's not one Bruins fan so far that I've read that can see this without bias.

First event... Line change done by Boston

Second event... Line change done by Buffalo. Ruff not realizing fast enough the players Boston sent out on the ice.

Third event... Time out, Buffalo

Forth event... Player change during timeout


Any coach with half a brain would do the same exact thing. Especially if the coach didn't like the match up. Think it thru. Think strategy. Use logic.
Considering Bergeron,Krejci,Horton,Luci,Chara and Hamilton were just on the for the 6 on 4. Kelly,Peverly etc were out the next shift for the open net. Paillie and Thorton were out of the game. That leaves Campbell Mac,Marchand and Seguin left for the next shift. Juilen sticks with a rotation no matter what the time is. They were next up. Next time the B's play watch the lines. If the lines go 2-1-3-4 at the start of the game they'll stay that way all game long

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
  #113
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
This ... Every team along with its fan base would LOVE to have him on their team. Kid can play.
I would absolutely hate it if Marchand was on my team. I would be embarrassed that my team had him to be honest. I came here to post the YT of the Bruins gooning it up in game 1 against Tampa last year, as proof of the Bruins liking to goon, but someone took care of it. Bruins fans are in such denial it's not even funny. They can go around causing all the havoc they want. It's rough hockey when they do it. But the minute another team does it to them, it's all tears. Cry me a river.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
  #114
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by a pony View Post
So Marchand thinks that Ruff is stupid enough to trust the goons that Claude put out on the ice to not start trouble with his stars.

I'd say that boy's been dropped on his nose once too often.
First the Bruins have guys that can play AND fight, goon ? that would be the piece of **** that plays for your team.

Second, stars ? oh ya your loaded with those

Good game for your team, one would think you won the cup. Its one game dont get to cocky.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
  #115
ed bruin
Registered User
 
ed bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton
Country: United States
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
If Lindy's afraid of Mac then he has more issues then we thought.

Kid isn't going to jeopardize his chance to stat in the line up by start something at the end of the game.
yeah people are acting like Lane MacDermid is going to pull a Patrice Cormier.... MacDermid does fight but he has never had a dirty hit in his career just saying

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
  #116
bunjay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
I'm of the belief Lindy purposely left Scott on the bench so he could be a total toolbag and call the timeout. He doesn't have the stones to admit that so he created a copout.

Anyone who thinks that Lindy Ruff wasn't trying to send some form of message with that timeout is a complete jackwagon.
I think the message was already sent. 4 unanswered goals in the third period against a team that was unbeaten in regulation. A team that prides itself on great defense and goaltending.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
  #117
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
On the same line, Norton trying to start something after the incident.
Who's Norton?





Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:00 PM
  #118
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
yeah people are acting like Lane MacDermid is going to pull a Patrice Cormier.... MacDermid does fight but he has never had a dirty hit in his career just saying
I wonder if Mac's dad tuned Lindy up a few times back in the day?

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:01 PM
  #119
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yup. He never broke his neck. That never happened at all. What ****ing -difference- does any of it make? It was a dirty hit, a dirty play, done by a dirty player, against someone he had a personal beef with and had been chasing around since the OT goal.
When Patches hit the ice that cause the damage and the hit wasn't a dirty play. Chara has never been suspended unlike Patches who has a history of dirty hits which is why he's bee suspended.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Who cares if Lucic had a problem with Pouliot? Settle it another time. Show some -respect- for a player who was in critical condition. For the team, who at that point, wasn't thinking about the game but was thinking about the health of another human being. Something clearly lost on the Bruins.
So players should just stop playing anytime someone gets hurt right? Did the habs stop all hitting or any rough stuff after Patches boarded Eaton or knocked out Letang?

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
  #120
Lobstertainment
Registered User
 
Lobstertainment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,256
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Ruff's a *****

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
  #121
ed bruin
Registered User
 
ed bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton
Country: United States
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I wonder if Mac's dad tuned Lindy up a few times back in the day?
lol I love this if Mac could bring this much fear into other teams and forcing timeout. I'm all for it, all Mac does is work hard and with this new fear factor, this kid is a keeper

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
  #122
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,378
vCash: 500
Marchand talking about disrespect

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:04 PM
  #123
Hasek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Smart move by Ruff. Great line matching. Julien should have called the cops on Vanek though.

Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:04 PM
  #124
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
If Lindy's afraid of Mac then he has more issues then we thought.
Yeah, a 6'3" 200 lbs guy who got 500 PIM in junior, a further 500 PIM in the AHL, and 120 career fights (3 in 5 NHL appearances) and is now out on the last shift of a 7-4 loss, possibly looking to make a name for himself, is nothing to react to. LOL.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:04 PM
  #125
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I would absolutely hate it if Marchand was on my team. I would be embarrassed that my team had him to be honest. I came here to post the YT of the Bruins gooning it up in game 1 against Tampa last year. Bruins fans are in such denial it's not even funny. They can go around causing all the havoc they want. It's rough hockey when they do it. But the minute another team does it to them, it's all tears. Cry me a river.
What are you talking about ? Denial of what winning ? Tampa like so many other poor poor victims of the mean Bruins.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.