HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oily Game Saturday -- 1:00 Mountain Time

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  #1
Bubba Thudd
Random Stranger
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monkey Bars
Posts: 16,856
vCash: 5891
Oily Game Saturday -- 1:00 Mountain Time

I wanted to get this thread going for a couple reasons.

One, so we can discuss the upcoming game. Duh.

Two...I've won contests to pick Shermanator's and S E P H's avatars lately. I reckon it's my turn to put my avatar on the line for a week.

But I'd need a good challenge to have everyone do. And, if a poll is necessary, it would have to be worked out with the GDT maker ahead of time. I haz no mad GDT skillz, so I won't even attempt to make one...
Shermy did the "guess the number of penalties" challenge
S E P H did the "guess who scores their 1st goal on us first" challenge

So, I need ideas for the challenge, and a volunteer to make the GDT and work in a poll if needed.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
  #2
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 37,871
vCash: 50
Make it an icing challenge.

If Zanon/O'Byrne/Hejda can go a game without icing the puck, you win. If not, you lose.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  #3
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 21,268
vCash: 500
Hunwick ice time challenge or Hunwick giveaway challenge

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
  #4
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 50
I say who does the most mistakes per game, but I am loving the defender (or player) who has committed the most icing or the most offsides.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
  #5
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,194
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I wanted to get this thread going for a couple reasons.

One, so we can discuss the upcoming game. Duh.

Two...I've won contests to pick Shermanator's and S E P H's avatars lately. I reckon it's my turn to put my avatar on the line for a week.
So wait, that cute guy on his avatar isn't S E P H? Damn, I'm disappointed then *Unfollows S E P H* on twitter.

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
  #6
Bubba Thudd
Random Stranger
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monkey Bars
Posts: 16,856
vCash: 5891
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
So wait, that cute guy on his avatar isn't S E P H? Damn, I'm disappointed then *Unfollows S E P H* on twitter.
That's a pic of Bricky.

Don't judge him, and don't be hatin'


Last edited by Bubba Thudd: 02-01-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
  #7
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life
 
HighAndTight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,911
vCash: 500
Hey guys,

I'm making vids on the Nucks board and have managed to watch a lot of other teams tv coverages. Gotta say I really like the Avs production look. Very slick and streamline. Not a lot of crap or ads on the screen. Looks great.

Also saw McLeod give a little canuck fan a puck while he was sitting in the penalty box. Loved it. That is a true athlete.

HighAndTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:11 PM
  #8
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Make it an icing challenge.

If Zanon/O'Byrne/Hejda can go a game without icing the puck, you win. If not, you lose.
Total number of Icings our Defense create over the course of the game.

My guess would be 11, with 9 of them coming from Obyrne, Zanon, and Hejda.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
  #9
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,189
vCash: 500
Keep it simple, first guy to ice the puck.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
  #10
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 30,971
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Total number of Icings our Defense create over the course of the game.

My guess would be 11, with 9 of them coming from Obyrne, Zanon, and Hejda.
Ill say 14

6 by O'byrne, 4 by Zanon and 4 by Hejda

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
  #11
Bubba Thudd
Random Stranger
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monkey Bars
Posts: 16,856
vCash: 5891
Not sure what the challenge will be, but guesses in this thread will not count. They will need to be in the actual GDT.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
  #12
Unaffiliated
Registered User
 
Unaffiliated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,904
vCash: 500
Why did we never do a Dutchy spinorama count contest back when he was a ballerina? Wasted opportunity

[or did I just miss it]

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
  #13
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Total number of spin moves for Duchene? : Ok that might be a little too 2012.

Total number of mind boggling line up changes by Sacco?

Total number of guys running around like headless chickens during our own PP?

Total number of Caspar, ghost, transparent, etc references to Stastny in our GDT?

Total number of posts in the Fire Sacco or Fire Sherman threads after the game.



Oh and its an early game. So I am able to watch it on regular time.

That usually means we get slaughtered.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:11 PM
  #14
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,144
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
So wait, that cute guy on his avatar isn't S E P H? Damn, I'm disappointed then *Unfollows S E P H* on twitter.
Noooooooooo! I think we can both agree that I need more followers than Sherm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Hey guys,

I'm making vids on the Nucks board and have managed to watch a lot of other teams tv coverages. Gotta say I really like the Avs production look. Very slick and streamline. Not a lot of crap or ads on the screen. Looks great.

Also saw McLeod give a little canuck fan a puck while he was sitting in the penalty box. Loved it. That is a true athlete.
Just the announcers that are bad. Haynes "PAP is a goal scorer because the shots he takes go in". I also saw that from McLeod, class move from him.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  #15
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life
 
HighAndTight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Just the announcers that are bad. Haynes "PAP is a goal scorer because the shots he takes go in". I also saw that from McLeod, class move from him.
I watch most games with the sound off. Even my own teams feeds

HighAndTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
  #16
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Anyone know if this game will be on 104.3 radio? I have to work.

famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
  #17
Nalens Oga
Hth
 
Nalens Oga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,707
vCash: 1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I watch most games with the sound off. Even my own teams feeds
I was catching up on Marek vs Wyshynski during last night's game. Haynes was being annoying and the Cgy feed was just drab.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:25 PM
  #18
viach
Registered User
 
viach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: France
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
I hope for a good offensive game for EJ tomorrow. Only 1 pt in 7 games. Not very good !


viach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
  #19
avsfan09
Registered User
 
avsfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Noooooooooo! I think we can both agree that I need more followers than Sherm.



Just the announcers that are bad. Haynes "PAP is a goal scorer because the shots he takes go in". I also saw that from McLeod, class move from him.
So true. That's why they are the best, they see the game at another level than casual fans.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
  #20
Nzap
#Pogback
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 50
So now that Jones is injured as well what kind of lines should be go out with?

I think we should try:

Sgarbossa-Staz-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Kobasew
Bordeleau-Olver-VdG

but Sacco will probably go with:

Kobasew-Stastny-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Olver
Bordeleau-Sgarbossa-VdG (the line from training camp)

It'll be interesting to see what numbers Sacco takes out of the hat.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:29 PM
  #21
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 21,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
So now that Jones is injured as well what kind of lines should be go out with?

I think we should try:

Sgarbossa-Staz-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Kobasew
Bordeleau-Olver-VdG


but Sacco will probably go with:

Kobasew-Stastny-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Olver
Bordeleau-Sgarbossa-VdG (the line from training camp)

It'll be interesting to see what numbers Sacco takes out of the hat.
Agreed. Those lines look like the best we can do right now. Duchene and PAP are going to have to continue scoring for us to have any chance.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
  #22
Razor29
Bandwagon Hopper
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,782
vCash: 50
6 ices.

Gonna miss this game, going shooting.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:03 PM
  #23
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Landeslog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Anyone know if this game will be on 104.3 radio? I have to work.
If it's not on 104.3 it'll be on 93.7

Landeslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
  #24
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,087
vCash: 500
Whatever happens we should not break up McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau right now, that line looked good last night, and I even though they looked decent against the Nucks just couldn't score.

McGinn might be a better fit on that line then Landy. He's basically the same as Landy in ever asset of the game except shooting(just not as good as Landy), in which IMO McGinn has a better shot right now.

Ginner with a couple playmakers in PAP and Duchene should get a lot of opportunities, and sooner or later he's gonna start burying them, and burying them often.

I really want to see what the Pirate can do on a scoring line. I liked the way he played the first 2 games and he deserves more ice time over McCleod, Kobasew, and probably Hejduk.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:33 PM
  #25
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 21,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Whatever happens we should not break up McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau right now, that line looked good last night, and I even though they looked decent against the Nucks just couldn't score.

McGinn might be a better fit on that line then Landy. He's basically the same as Landy in ever asset of the game except shooting(just not as good as Landy), in which IMO McGinn has a better shot right now.

Ginner with a couple playmakers in PAP and Duchene should get a lot of opportunities, and sooner or later he's gonna start burying them, and burying them often.

I really want to see what the Pirate can do on a scoring line. I liked the way he played the first 2 games and he deserves more ice time over McCleod, Kobasew, and probably Hejduk.
Agreed that Ginner should stay on that line. Landy seems to require his lines to be better at puck possession to be as effective as possible. Duchene's lines are just not very good in that area, and are always much better on the rush. McGinn is as good or better than Landeskog on the rush. Stastny would be a better fit for Landeskog when he comes back.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.