Bret Hart Shoots On Triple H - Whoa...

Old
02-02-2013, 09:52 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF007 View Post
Triple H is Top 10, He was one of the best heels during his prime. He was a pretty good wrestler but had the whole power heel down to a science.
Of all time? Just WWE/F or other promotions as well? If so, I would have to disagree.

tp71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:03 PM
blueandgoldguy

I think we can all agree this is what Triple HHH is best known for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkDXrXtE_eI

blueandgoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:19 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I'm sure most people on here and in general love bret hart and hate Triple H but Bret is out of his ****ing mind in both cases.

Not top 1000? Is bret trying to play dumb or did he lose some brain cells in that "car accident" nexus put him through?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Eskie Jetski

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
I think we can all agree this is what HHH is best known for...

Fixed that for ya!

Eskie Jetski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:37 PM
UnrealMachine

I'll be honest, I have strongly disliked HHH since pretty much the beginning of his career, so I tend to strongly agree with anyone who bashes him. That being said, I'm not sure that Bret Hart truly believes anyone outside of the Hart family to be a great wrestler, so there's that. This articles sums up a lot about HHH.

triple-h-wrestlings-most-fragile-ego-ever

UnrealMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Quote:
In a new interview this weekend, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart addressed recent comments about Triple H that came across as him critical of what Hunter brings to the table as a wrestler and executive for WWE. Hart, who appeared at the Royal Rumble PPV last weekend, told Arda Ocal of The Score that he was expressing an opinion about not seeing enough from Hunter as a wrestler to translate to a future top executive after Vince McMahon.

"There's nothing to read between the lines. Take what I said and that's my opinion. It's not really fair to take it and make too much of an issue," Hart said. "I only worked with Triple H from about 1992/3 to '97. I haven't worked with him since then. It's not really fair for me to assess his abilities over the last ten years. But, my knowledge of him is - I still say he's a decent wrestler. I wouldn't put him in the top 1,000 great wrestlers."

Hart continued, "To me, he was a very mediocre wrestler and I never saw him contribute an idea in my life. Whereas, I can look at different wrestlers and say, 'They contributed ideas and made suggestions that were valid and helpful to constructing a decent match.' But, I never saw any genius coming out of Triple H, nor in his matches."
Source: PWTorch

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...le_68374.shtml

Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-03-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Can't post full articles
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Oil Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Benoit was a complete clone of Billington. Hart was nothing but a imitation.

You have to watch the matches.
Meh , I grew up on Dynamite / Hart in their Stampede days and I think you are a little off base here with the compairisson. Hart took some of Dynamite's moves but is certainly not an imitaion.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Hart is all that original either , and did indeed borrow quite a few of Billington's high spots, especially in Japan but name one wrestler that doesn't borrow from another one anymore.

As far as Hart's comments on HHH I find it ironic that neither one of them are really at that elite level draw wise (Austin/Hogan/Rock) , Character wise (Austin , Taker) , interview wise (Flair , Foley , Austin, Rock) , or in ring wise (HBK , Flair , Dynamite).
Yet both are pretty good and both seem to be that second tier star.

Biggest difference to me is that HHH still loves this business and is still a fan , Hart has become incredibly bitter , especially after Montreal , too bad.

Oil Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:20 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Dude View Post
Meh , I grew up on Dynamite / Hart in their Stampede days and I think you are a little off base here with the compairisson. Hart took some of Dynamite's moves but is certainly not an imitaion.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Hart is all that original either , and did indeed borrow quite a few of Billington's high spots, especially in Japan but name one wrestler that doesn't borrow from another one anymore.

As far as Hart's comments on HHH I find it ironic that neither one of them are really at that elite level draw wise (Austin/Hogan/Rock) , Character wise (Austin , Taker) , interview wise (Flair , Foley , Austin, Rock) , or in ring wise (HBK , Flair , Dynamite).

Biggest difference to me is that HHH still loves this business and is still a fan , Hart has become incredibly bitter , especially after Montreal , too bad.
In his prime Bret was probably the biggest draw in the WWF.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
In his prime Bret was probably the biggest draw in the WWF.
Oh you went and did it. This is going to get interesting now. In before the stats barrage.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:46 AM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Oh no. I made a thread for this, people!

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:58 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Dude View Post

I would probably argue that Hart would be in the in ring elite level. The guy put on some absolute classics.

tp71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I'm sure most people on here and in general love bret hart and hate Triple H but Bret is out of his ****ing mind in both cases.

Not top 1000? Is bret trying to play dumb or did he lose some brain cells in that "car accident" nexus put him through?
I agree HHH isn't in the elite category but not top 1000 is extreme. I know he's made up with Shawn Michaels and Vince but it doesn't appear he wants to befriend HHH any time soon. Didn't Bret have a stroke sometime after the concussion? Maybe its affecting him emotionally still.

Axman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:02 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Top 1,000 is a way too extreme. Not sure where I would put him but he has to be at least in the top 20 in terms of overall package, not technical wrestling ability.

canucksfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:30 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I agree with everything you said. Triple H was a bonafide main eventer but he was a 2nd tier guy, not the equal to Austin/Rock/Hogan that the WWE brass try to claim he is. He's more of a Randy Orton than a John Cena.
Yup, i can honestly say I've bought PPV's because of Hart, Austin, Micheals, undertaker and the Rock.

I've never gone out of my way for HHH, both because his place was secured by slupping the daughter of the owner, and because he never really did anything in his matches that made me stand up.

HHH is a brilliant politician, he's very good on the mic, but his ring work never stood out to me as something brilliant.

CaptainCrunch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Chris Jericho on Bret Hart's comments about Triple H:
Quote:
"It was funny because when I saw that comment that Bret had said, I was kind of surprised because I think that Triple H has had a lot of great matches, dozens of great matches. I could think of two or three that I was in with him myself, so, maybe, I don't know why Bret would say that, maybe it's still a little bit personal or some bad vibes or taste in his mouth from what happened years ago. But I'll tell you face to face that Triple H has had many great matches and I always enjoyed watching his work, even up to the match he had with Lesnar. I don't know if that was a great match, it was definitely a very good one, so I would definitely never ever bury Triple H's wrestling talent for sure I think he's one of the best we've ever seen."

"He's saying it just because, old, old, old wounds die hard, or whatever the cliché is. You know, I'm sure Bret has made his peace with Shawn over the Montreal Screw Job; maybe he still has some lingering issues with Triple H as part of that. I don't know, cuz I think Bret is very much one of my favorites of all time, one of my top two or three as a matter of fact, but maybe there's a little bit of bias in this or something like that for him to say that Triple H has had no great matches. Cuz I don't think anybody could ever say that he's had no great matches. You might say "well this guy's a jerk" or "I don't like him personally" or "backstage I don't like him" or "politically I don't like him", but there's one thing you can never doubt with Triple H and that's his wrestling ability, especially as a main event performer, like you said earlier, in the early 2000's as the top heel in the company, I think you could throw any baby face's name out there and you could probably match up a quote unquote great match that he had with that person, for sure. Triple H may be a little bit underrated as far as the amount of flak that he takes over the years, but, as a performer, I'll tell you straight up he was definitely one of the best, from that era and even up until last year. The match he had with Undertaker, the match he had with Undertaker the year before, both Wrestlemania matches, were both amazing matches. Maybe not the same levels as the ones Shawn had with him but definitely in the exact same ballpark. Triple H is just one of those guys, he's got it, he always has had it, he's a great ring general, he's very smart in the psychology of putting together his matches, believable when he works, so definitely definitely definitely. Like I said, I could give you 3 matches that I had with him, personally that I thought were great. The Last Man Standing that we had in Dallas, the title match we had at State College where I won the title, and then the tag match with me and Benoit versus Triple H and Austin. All of them were what I would consider to be some of my best performances, some of my best matches that I ever had for sure."
Triple H vs. Chris Jericho at Fully Loaded is a great match.

I really don't think Bret knows what he's talking about here. He either NEVER went back at all to watch WWE from 99-01 or he's just being ignorant.

02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky Hemsky View Post
Fixed that for ya!
Oh King of the Ring 1998.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
This stuff between Hart and Triple H has been going on for a while. Since back in the 90's

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Yeah, Chris, and every match you had with Trips ended the same way. He should have been happy to have been in the ring with you, because you're an awesome worker and you didn't have the same stroke Austin and Rock had so you would do the job every time.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Yeah, Chris, and every match you had with Trips ended the same way. He should have been happy to have been in the ring with you, because you're an awesome worker and you didn't have the same stroke Austin and Rock had so you would do the job every time.
Huh?!

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:56 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
Huh?!
Jericho never beat Triple H clean, even when he was the hottest thing going, except for the night at Penn State for the title when it was overturned. That whole period stunk because HHH buried every guy who came along except Rock, Austin, Taker and maybe Angle because he had the pull to do so.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Doesn't mean HHH didn't put on great matches.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:13 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Part of putting on great matches is making your opponent looking like a million bucks by jobbing, just as they are to make you look like a million bucks when it's right by jobbing....Trips couldn't do it because his ego wouldn't allow it. Even Austin and Rock jobbed to Jericho, when he was a heel, but face Jericho, at the peak of his momentum, could never get that win against HHH....and that is why Jericho will never be what he could have been....to this day, he is kind of a joke because everyone knows he never wins the big match.

Love Jericho, and yeah....I'm still bitter he never got a great face run as champion....and a lot of that is HHH. **** him.