HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 | St. Louis Blues vs. Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:12 AM
theanomaly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
It's not really difficult to top the previous GDTs
one does not simply top that gdt.

as for this game, i am still disturbed that tommy is our backup. that just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. id much rather have mrazek or a cheap f/a than him back there. hopefully this doesnt go on much longer. whats the latest news on the monsters recovery?

Old
02-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Run the Jewels

Nice job Flashy! Looking forward to seeing how we do, I feel confident we will not get crushed like we did last game now that Pavs is centering his own line. I wish we had Lashoff back in there but will hold off on being critical and will wait to see how we do against the Blues in round two.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanomaly View Post
one does not simply top that gdt.

as for this game, i am still disturbed that tommy is our backup. that just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. id much rather have mrazek or a cheap f/a than him back there. hopefully this doesnt go on much longer. whats the latest news on the monsters recovery?
It's funny, in the HF writeup on our 2008 draft class there was a comment about Tommy being the backup that seemed to imply he'd re-established himself as a prospect. I think we all know they had to keep Mrazek in Grand Rapids as he's been the key to the Griffins becoming a very good hockey club.

With that being said it's good for Tommy he gets to work out with the team and collect an NHL salary until Gustafsson gets healthy. Jimmy looks to be rounding into form so McCollum shouldn't have to worry about being thrown to the wolves.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:28 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
It's funny, in the HF writeup on our 2008 draft class there was a comment about Tommy being the backup that seemed to imply he'd re-established himself as a prospect. I think we all know they had to keep Mrazek in Grand Rapids as he's been the key to the Griffins becoming a very good hockey club.

With that being said it's good for Tommy he gets to work out with the team and collect an NHL salary until Gustafsson gets healthy. Jimmy looks to be rounding into form so McCollum shouldn't have to worry about being thrown to the wolves.
I feel about as much confidence in Tommy on the bench as one of those amateur one-game signings

But yeah, it's obvious they never intended anyone else to get games while Gus is out. It's possible Howard would've been in goal all these games no matter what aswell, Wings have had a very easily schedule so far. But it's no going to last forever.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Predarat

So let me get this straight, Babcock compliments Lashoff then scratches him two straight games??

Old
02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
We should try to defend Tarasenko tonight.
That means Quincey can never see the Ice when Tarasenko is put on the ice.

I'm feeling a 4-0 win for us tonight. Howard is going to come up big, the goals wil come from Brunner, Dats, Tootoo & Smith. (I knocked on wood so I can call the shutout )

Old
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
So let me get this straight, Babcock compliments Lashoff then scratches him two straight games??
Lashoff's good, but when you have a greater than terribad Power Play, you have to try everything to get it turned around.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:16 AM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Hopefully wings will take advantage of St. Louis tonight since they played last night.
Wings will need to be physical that's for sure.
Go Wings Go!

They can beat the Blues, I can't see them as the real deal yet.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Especially when Kindl didn't really contribute to the power play. I hope this is the last game Lashoff has to sit.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Wasn't difficult to beat the previous GDTs, but this is great work. Thanks Flashy.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
It looks like the red hot blues are starting to cool off a bit, in each of their last two games they played a good 1st period and then let off the gas and starting make bad decisions. Hopefully the trend continues and the Wings can take advantage, they'll have the legs in the 2nd half of the game. Needless to say I expect a better showing from the Wings than the stinker in St Louis, two points in regulation would be HUGE.
Hopefully we see more off Toots and I'm praying someone cleans Backes' clock or that he gets Kronwalled. I really do not like that guy.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
JPE123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Especially when Kindl didn't really contribute to the power play. I hope this is the last game Lashoff has to sit.

When is White due back?

Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 AM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymac View Post
Did I miss a joke? Henrik Samuelsson?
HAHAHA... Sorry it was 3AM and I was told I had to post it early and my brain clearly wasn't working!

I'll fix that now

Old
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE123 View Post
When is White due back?
Ansar Kahn just wrote an article on Mlive stating that White is aiming for Tuesday.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE123 View Post
When is White due back?
I believe he starts skating this week/end...
original was out for 2 weeks, so maybe next week or the week after.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
The Nose

This is the kind of game that Tootoo should drop the gloves off the puck drop, we need to send the message early that we're not getting bullied around. Too bad he's already done it twice, so I doubt it happens.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
He meant of the ilk where people indeed put effort into the GDT--- as you always do.

Quote:
He usually tries to pump up the tires of the kids that get a cup of coffee with the team while filling in for injured vets. No way he was going to stick with as many vets signed as they have now. This is Holland we're talking about after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
HAHAHA... Sorry it was 3AM and I was told I had to post it early and my brain clearly wasn't working!
I requested/suggested that it would be nice if it went up earlier so our Europeans and early birds could start discussing things. I've never been a fan of the GDTs that go up 4 hrs before the start of the game.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post

I requested/suggested that it would be nice if it went up earlier so our Europeans and early birds could start discussing things. I've never been a fan of the GDTs that go up 4 hrs before the start of the game.
I didn't single anyone out! And you did have a point about our European Wings fans as well.

I'll make sure to do them a little earlier from now on...At least the rosters, and I'll edit and add to it the next day.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Wings win. Tootoo fights an octopus and then zamboni stating " anything to fire up my team".

Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
joe89

For a guy getting his first chance Lashoff has done well, but I think Huskins has been a little better. When Ericsson came back, it became a bit redundant having both of Lashoff and Huskins in the line-up.

The interesting part will be when both White and Cola are back. I'd keep Huskins in and let Cola fill in whenever a puck mover goes down.
Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-White
Smith-Huskins

Want to see those pairings.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I feel about as much confidence in Tommy on the bench as one of those amateur one-game signings

But yeah, it's obvious they never intended anyone else to get games while Gus is out. It's possible Howard would've been in goal all these games no matter what aswell, Wings have had a very easily schedule so far. But it's no going to last forever.
Yeah I would guess Babs plans on starting Jimmy every game early on since he didn't play during the lockout. The most important thing is to get him back up to game shape and once that happens he'll probably only need to sit out back to back games in order to stay sharp. They may give him a few more games off but I wouldn't be surprised if he started somewhere right around 40 games.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Playing hockey tonight so I'm gonna DVR the game and avoid the score and watch it after.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Unsportsmanlike
Marc Madsen

I think this would be the perfect opportunity to put Tootoo on the third line and increase his ice time. I'd like to see him used more tonight and at leat give a little push back against the 'tough' Blues

Old
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
needzmoarcleary
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsportsmanlike View Post
I think this would be the perfect opportunity to put Tootoo on the third line and increase his ice time. I'd like to see him used more tonight and at leat give a little push back against the 'tough' Blues
I agree I wanna see him out there more. I've enjoyed watching him play thus far and would like to see his physicality out there more often.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
FlashyG

I'd like to see Tootoo's role expanded as well.

I don't care much about his fights, although its nice to have someone willing to defend teammates. I like his energy and willingness to throw hits on opposition defence.

It seems his energy is infectious too, because he's made his linemates play with more of an edge as well.

Closed Thread