Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
Who's that? That's where I used to live back in the day I was actually google street creepin' my old stompin' grounds today. Southbend Cres represent!

Any word if the defensive pairs will stay the same tonight? I'd also like to see Scheifele in the lineup, I think he could help bring some energy.
his name is "broinwhyteridge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
Well I'll be sitting through this game on prescription cough syrup and double doses of NeoCitran and Buckleys... at least it will be something I'll experience in a dull haze.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 1554
Jets 5 Tampa 2 ...

We should never have sat Pavs vs. NYI. total 180 since before that game.

Jokninen 2G, Antro, LLittle, Postma.

Just complete domination by the Jets tonight.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Burmi has earned his chance at #2 c by being a decent #3 center on an NHL team? What has Scheifele done? Played big minutes in Barrie and get drafted high? Burmi did those too.
My criticisim of Noel extends to his handling of Burmistrov as well. Burmistrov looks to be pigeonholed on the third line by Noel when there are games where his play has warrented him moving up in the lineup. I'm not a fan of trying him on the HB on the pp because our best shooters are also LH shots like him but for the life of me I don't understand why he hasn't been utilized in Hainsy's spot on the point on the pp a position he had some success playing in St. Johns. I also don't like how if the team isn't playing great he's one of the first players to see his minutes reduced. As far as a 2nd pp unit.

Id run with Scheifele Kane and little up front with Burmistrov and Postma lining the points. For the record i like what I've seen of both Scheifele and Burmistrov when they play on the same line, put a guy like Ladd with them and I think you have a pretty good line.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I think his posession numbers have been quite good, but generally he seems to suffer form a terrible on ice shot %- which generally means bad luck.

That being said, i'll agree that at some point you have to **** or get off the pot.

THAT being said, Burmi's young enough that i still definitely believe he should be able to become a 40-50 pt player.

He also provided in a short stertch last season that he could produce...i can't remember if he was playing C or wing though then to be honest.
At this point , to me , he is not a C that you will get points from or will produce points for his linemates . While he MAY evolve into that , in the interim , I would play him at W.

Right now we don't have that C that creates scoring opportunities for himself or linemates in a strong fashion , and that is the game that Scheifele brings. Now he may still be a work in progress ( he is ) but the experience will be valuable . If whomever is taking the playing minutes isn't making a differance in wins/losses , I don't see a reason to not let him get playing time in which would hasten his progression.

Right now , or what is best for the near future... management decision . We have flexibility as Burmistrov , Antropov and play wing and I really feel Scheifele could benefit the PP . It may not be immediate as in the first game or two , but within a few weeks he would , imo.

Craig Button really hit this on the head , regarding the lack of a playmaker for the Jets , and specifically on the PP. Scheifele's strong point , do we look ahead , or look at right now?

Last edited by jetkarma: 02-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 06:18 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 50
Sorry guys, 7-3 Lightning

Pav's in goal?

Scheff in for No-wood?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Jet
Tony P-ver

unfriended someone on Facebook today. Saw his status in my feed on my phone "JETS ****ING SUCK GO LIGHTNING!"

This after he came onto my wall last night after the loss to rub it in. He says the Jets will never be good because we won't be able to attract or keep players. Ironically he's from Edmonton and is an Oilers fan (jumps on the Canucks bandwagon as soon as the Oilers start sucking). Really angered me.

If this team had Craig Anderson we'd win the Southeast. I like Pavelec, he's athletic, but I wonder if he will ever be mentally tough enough, or dedicated to fitness enough to take his game to the next level. I don't think he will.

02-01-2013, 06:27 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
My criticisim of Noel extends to his handling of Burmistrov as well. Burmistrov looks to be pigeonholed on the third line by Noel when there are games where his play has warrented him moving up in the lineup. I'm not a fan of trying him on the HB on the pp because our best shooters are also LH shots like him but for the life of me I don't understand why he hasn't been utilized in Hainsy's spot on the point on the pp a position he had some success playing in St. Johns. I also don't like how if the team isn't playing great he's one of the first players to see his minutes reduced. As far as a 2nd pp unit.

Id run with Scheifele Kane and little up front with Burmistrov and Postma lining the points. For the record i like what I've seen of both Scheifele and Burmistrov when they play on the same line, put a guy like Ladd with them and I think you have a pretty good line.
Just a guess, but if keeping the puck out of your net is priority #1 at all times, putting out Burmi with Postma on the PP is an invitation for a SH goal against.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
his name is "broinwhyteridge"
oohh feel better broinwhyteridge

Old
02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 110
I'm home, I'm here now, reporting for duty.

Go Jets Go!

Old
02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Burmi has earned his chance at #2 c by being a decent #3 center on an NHL team? What has Scheifele done? Played big minutes in Barrie and get drafted high? Burmi did those too.
When has Burmistrov produced?

Should we keep letting him play C and get no production to speak of? Or let someone who's strong point is creating offense get a chance and some experience so the team as a whole gets better?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
unfriended someone on Facebook today. Saw his status in my feed on my phone "JETS ****ING SUCK GO LIGHTNING!"

This after he came onto my wall last night after the loss to rub it in. He says the Jets will never be good because we won't be able to attract or keep players. Ironically he's from Edmonton and is an Oilers fan (jumps on the Canucks bandwagon as soon as the Oilers start sucking). Really angered me.

If this team had Craig Anderson we'd win the Southeast. I like Pavelec, he's athletic, but I wonder if he will ever be mentally tough enough, or dedicated to fitness enough to take his game to the next level. I don't think he will.

That's why I dont visit opposing teams arenas I usually end up chirping at them and beating the **** out of them in the parking lot after the game

Old
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
Just a guess, but if keeping the puck out of your net is priority #1 at all times, putting out Burmi with Postma on the PP is an invitation for a SH goal against.
Burmistrov is just fine defensively so I don't have a problem taking that risk. A number of teams use forwards on the point and don't seem to get burned to hard for it.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Czdrummer1

Toby's Peach Colored Suit

Showed the boys walking into the rink. Couldn't help but notice Toby's pimpin peach suit. Lovin it!!

Old
Mossy Oak
Noted.

Great to see Scheifele in the pre-game skate, but appears to be a game time decision. Hope the kid plays.

Tarks
True North

After last night I'm not feeling good about this one. I don't care if we win or lose (ok that's a lie) I just want some ****ing effort out there tonight.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
SCP Guy

Wow Toby gets the award for the worst suit ever lol

very European

Old
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
I wonder if shief is in the lineup

Old
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Scheifele has to play! watch 2 goals for him

Old
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:

Right there is the very reason why he has no right to dump on our hometown. Edmonton know all about how no one wants to play there

I would have done the same thing you did if I was in your position.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Czdrummer1

Jets will surprise us again, this time with the W

Old
blainus
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Right there is the very reason why he has no right to dump on our hometown. Edmonton know all about how no one wants to play there

I would have done the same thing you did if I was in your position.

the way the jets are handling scheifele has the same feel of the way the jays screwed around travis snider in mlb .....

Old
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
When has Burmistrov produced?

Should we keep letting him play C and get no production to speak of? Or let someone who's strong point is creating offense get a chance and some experience so the team as a whole gets better?
Burmistrov produced as well as Scheifele in junior, and has proven capable as a center in a third line role. Scheifele has proven nothing at this level.

Burmistrov deserves a try out in an offensive role more than Scheifele. Scheifele can slot in as third center and prove that he won't be a liability. Pay his dues the way Burmi has. He has done nothing to show he has more potential than Burmi at this point, and does not deserve to leapfrog him on the depth chart.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Ugh, I called and ordered TSN Jets yesterday and I check now and it's not there... Nothing but problems with Shaw Direct ffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:

I thought Pavs was one of those guys that stays fit,then I saw him at the Ice Plex in street clothes and didn't even realize it was him, he looked very tubby and I actually thought he was the stick boy

Old
02-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Sounds like Scheifele is in??

Closed Thread