HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Baby Leafs make a trade

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2005, 09:41 AM
MOGiLNY

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
Baby Leafs make a trade

To St. John's: Joel Kwiatkowski
To San Antonio: Rob Palahnuk

Old
03-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Who is that Kiatowski guy?

Old
03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdY
Who is that Kiatowski guy?
Just researched, seems to be -1 but has 13 goals as a D-man...i think they made this trade only for scoring.

Good luck to our Maple Leafs. We face the Road Runners tonight...

Old
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
He is a 28 year old defenseman who spent last season in Washington..

Old
03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGiLNY
To St. John's: Joel Kwiatkowski
To San Antonio: Rob Palahnuk
Thats a good return for a St. Johns player that had 1 point and was playing in the ECHL ..

Kwiatkowski has NHL experience with Ottawa and Washington ..

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisp...id%5B%5D=26819

Old
03-11-2005, 10:08 AM
FerrisRox

So after Doug Shedden whined like a little girl with a skinned knee because the Wolves got Bouwemeester and Weiss about how unfair it was that they just picked up two NHL players, the Baby Leafs go out and and trade for an NHL defenseman?

Hilarious.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:18 AM
mooseOAK*

Another veteran defenceman going into the playoffs is a good pickup, which will mean a veteran forward will have to come out but Beechey seems to be a pretty good replacement.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Sebastien Centomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
So after Doug Shedden whined like a little girl with a skinned knee because the Wolves got Bouwemeester and Weiss about how unfair it was that they just picked up two NHL players, the Baby Leafs go out and and trade for an NHL defenseman?

Hilarious.
Wow... excellent post. I mean, everyone knows the Joel Kwiatkowski is on the same exact level as Bouwmeester and Weiss, and everyone knows that if the Caps had NHL caliber defesemen aside from Gonchar and Witt last year the Kwiatkowski would still be in their line-up, and everyone knows that buying two players is the same as trading for one.

:troll:

Old
03-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus Joglund
Wow... excellent post. I mean, everyone knows the Joel Kwiatkowski is on the same exact level as Bouwmeester and Weiss, and everyone knows that if the Caps had NHL caliber defesemen aside from Gonchar and Witt last year the Kwiatkowski would still be in their line-up, and everyone knows that buying two players is the same as trading for one.

:troll:
There is an exception to every rule and everyone meet "Ferris"

Old
03-11-2005, 10:37 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:

Hilarious.
There are few teams Kwiatkowski would crack in the NHL... ironically, Montreal is one.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:55 AM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:

Hilarious.
You honestly dont see the difference in those scenarios?

Old
03-11-2005, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
There are few teams Kwiatkowski would crack in the NHL... ironically, Montreal is one.
Yeah sure... no he wouldn't, but I guarantee you he's better than Wade Belak, Drake Berehowsky, Calle Johansson and arguably Brian Marchement

Either way...good trade for the Baby Leafs, got him for a player that was in the ECHL, is he Leafs property now?

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, I was just visiting here cause I watch the Jays and you guys have a sticky there that I visit regularly

Old
03-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:

Hilarious.
Try thinking before you post.

Old
03-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Yeah sure... no he wouldn't, but I guarantee you he's better than Wade Belak, Drake Berehowsky, Calle Johansson and arguably Brian Marchement

Either way...good trade for the Baby Leafs, got him for a player that was in the ECHL, is he Leafs property now?

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, I was just visiting here cause I watch the Jays and you guys have a sticky there that I visit regularly
but I am pretty sure Jay Bouwmeester would ...

Old
03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
BuppY

Quote:
haha funny.. but true..

Old
03-11-2005, 11:41 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

Kwiatkowski could be a 7th, 8th, or 9th defenceman on the Leafs.

As far as Marchment is concerned, his 889 NHL games versus 149 says it all.

Old
03-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by think/blue
You honestly dont see the difference in those scenarios?
I think everyone sees the difference, it's just funny when Shedden screams and cries about teams loading up for the playoffs and than does it himself.
It's jind of like the player from Flint (Carr?) getting al upset about the Motor City team in the UHL signing the 2 RedWings and a week later his team signs Jason Wolley.

Old
03-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Pappy

Go get'm Fergy

Show that Keenan your going to bury him with MLSE money, this wasn't Shedden this was Fergy it must have ruffled his feathers, only good for the fans of St.John's how about a CALDER CUP for Leaf fans, it would be good business for the Leafs to keep their fans invovled, would you believe a Calder Cup Championship series at the ACC can you say Cha Ching Cha Ching Cha Ching, they'd sell the joint out.$$$$$$$$$

Old
03-11-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
Kwiatkowski could be a 7th, 8th, or 9th defenceman on the Leafs.

As far as Marchment is concerned, his 889 NHL games versus 149 says it all.
Yeah, he could alsobe 7th, 8th or 9th defenceman on the Habs as well, he's really not that bad of a defenceman, probably shouldn't be a regular on a contending team, but he's a great skater, and moves the puck well...

And as far as Marchment is concerned, yes he's played 889 NHL games, but I think we can all agree that he's on the tail end of a decent career, he shouldn't be a regular anymore IMO

Old
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
I think everyone sees the difference, it's just funny when Shedden screams and cries about teams loading up for the playoffs and than does it himself.
It's jind of like the player from Flint (Carr?) getting al upset about the Motor City team in the UHL signing the 2 RedWings and a week later his team signs Jason Wolley.
I definately see your point but the whole UHL thing is not the same thing at all the player complained about NHL'ers playing in the league he has no control on whether his teams GM does the same thing he was complaining about.

Old
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

The NHL sent out a memo April 14 to the 30 general managers outling its strategy on sending players to the minors in the event of a labour disruption after the collective bargaining agreement expires Sept. 15. It's the same policy that was used during the 1994 lockout.

The memo stipulates that players assigned to AHL this autumn would have to be unsigned as of last April 1 or to have played 50 or more games with the farm team in the prior season, which would make players such as Stajan ineligible.

But the memo adds that "we are prepared to consider, on a case-by-case basis, an individual player's particular circumstances in order to determine if application of the policy with respect to such player would be appropriate."

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040616/nhl_tor1-cp.html

That's the whole point Bouwmeester and Weiss should not be allowed to be playing in the AHL based on Rules .. Bettman made special lockout exceptions to allow the young NHLers into the AHL and now Keenan the GM is abusing that privilege by pimping them out for money and ruining the integrity of the AHL ..

Ironically its the Same Florida Panthers of the NHL that are crying poor at the NHL level needing a hard cap for Parity and their survival and holding the NHL fans hostage by the lockout, and then they do the exact opposite thing at the AHL level by effecting the Parity of the league by stacking AHL team, the very thing they fighting over.

Can you say hypocrite ??.

Keenan is the GM of the AHL team .. Rather he go out and get a player or two to improve his team in order to make the playoffs he sells them off so they can make the playoffs with another team..

Old
03-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Crossbar

Quote:

Hilarious.
LOL I was just coming here to say the exact same thing, what a hypocrite. BTW Joel has been BY FAR our best defenseman in San Antonio this season.

Old
03-11-2005, 04:45 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
LOL I was just coming here to say the exact same thing, what a hypocrite. BTW Joel has been BY FAR our best defenseman in San Antonio this season.
You know, it's good to know he's a great defenseman in the AHL.

Still, not the same situation.

Old
03-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
You know, it's good to know he's a great defenseman in the AHL.

Still, not the same situation.
Or it that best dman on a very poor team ??

These types of deals happen all the time in the AHL .. Druken traded to Toronto for Allan Rourke ... Brad Leeb for Tomas Mojzis.... Bob Wren traded for Nathan Perrott ... or D.J. Smith and Marty Wilford to the Nashville Predators for Marc Moro ..

In fact nearly all St. Johns vets came to Toronto via AHL trades ..

Bouwmeester and Weiss two NHLers for $$$$ is not the same thing IMO ... no matter how these other posters want to spin it .

Old
03-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Leaf Army

Technically Kwiatkowski was loaned to St. John's and Pahlanuk was loaned to San Antonio. I don't exactly know what the difference is between this and a trade.

Closed Thread