HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Baby Leafs make a trade

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Technically Kwiatkowski was loaned to St. John's and Pahlanuk was loaned to San Antonio. I don't exactly know what the difference is between this and a trade.
I wonder if it has to do with and Expired CBA by the NHL so NHL rights can't be traded ..

All the AHL transactions are using the words loaned

http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0...nsactions.html

Last edited by Mess: 03-11-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old
03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Pulfy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
So after Doug Shedden whined like a little girl with a skinned knee because the Wolves got Bouwemeester and Weiss about how unfair it was that they just picked up two NHL players, the Baby Leafs go out and and trade for an NHL defenseman?

Hilarious.
u do relize that st.johns made a trade and san antonio lent there player to chicago theres a difference

Old
03-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Leaf Army

I wonder if this is a good time to bring up earlier in the season when I said Palahnuk was an expendable part of the team. Frankie told me I was "dead wrong", I haven't seen very much of Palahnuk and that I should "keep watching and learning."

Old
03-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Christ

Quote:
I wonder if this is a good time to bring up earlier in the season when I said Palahnuk was an expendable part of the team. Frankie told me I was "dead wrong", I haven't seen very much of Palahnuk and that I should "keep watching and learning."
Wow, I can't believe that you actually took something that Frankie said to heart...

Old
03-11-2005, 07:55 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
LOL I was just coming here to say the exact same thing, what a hypocrite. BTW Joel has been BY FAR our best defenseman in San Antonio this season.
What is better, stand on principle or make a similar move to improve the team?

Old
03-11-2005, 09:26 PM
leafaholix*

lol.

Palahnuk blows major chunks.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Frankie

Quote:
if be "expendable part" you meant "tradeable in exchange for a #1 defenseman", then yes you were right and i was wrong.

but i think we both though that's not what we were talking about.

pally could have helped the team in the playoffs more then some of the other stiffs on the team, but its a good move to get a #1 defenseman for him.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:51 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
if be "expendable part" you meant "tradeable in exchange for a #1 defenseman", then yes you were right and i was wrong.

pally could have helped the team in the playoffs more then some of the other stiffs on the team, but its a good move to get a #1 defenseman for him.
Didn't San Antonio send two of the best prospects in their system away for nothing?

This was no trade... I'm sure they just needed a warm body to fill in the odd night.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Didn't San Antonio send two of the best prospects in their system away for nothing?

This was no trade... I'm sure they just needed a warm body to fill in the odd night.
that's true. the leafs also gave san antonio some money.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:

But Palahnuk had been sent down before the trade wasn't he? I think it's fair to say that Shedden and the Leaf organization didn't really think he was as valuable as you seem to.

Old
03-11-2005, 09:58 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
that's true. the leafs also gave san antonio some money.
They should pay San Antonio Rob Palahnuk's salary.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Frankie

Quote:
But Palahnuk had been sent down before the trade wasn't he? I think it's fair to say that Shedden and the Leaf organization didn't really think he was as valuable as you seem to.
i have no proof and you won't believe me, but palahnuk was coming back to st.john's. his trip to the echl was basically a conditioning stint.

shedden has raved about pally's attitude and work ethic in the past. he'd have him in there in the playoffs.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Frankie

Quote:
They should pay San Antonio Rob Palahnuk's salary.
they might be doing just that. or even more.

obviously its not a "fair" deal when you look at the two players. its a 4th line winger for a #1 defenseman.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
i have no proof and you won't believe me, but palahnuk was coming back to st.john's. his trip to the echl was basically a conditioning stint.

shedden has raved about pally's attitude and work ethic in the past. he'd have him in there in the playoffs.
No, he wouldn't.

Palahnuk is brutal.

44 games, 1 point, -10, 16 shots.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Frankie

Quote:
No, he wouldn't.

Palahnuk is brutal.

44 games, 1 point, -10, 16 shots.
yah, he would. you've never seen him play so you don't know what you're talking about.

shedden likes him. pally is very good defensivly and was a regular pk guy.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:17 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
yah, he would. you've never seen him play so you don't know what you're talking about.

shedden likes him. pally is very good defensivly and was a regular pk guy.
I've seen him many many times. He's no good.

Or should I say, he WAS no good.

Old
03-11-2005, 10:26 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
There is an exception to every rule and everyone meet "Ferris"

:lol ...that was hilarious!

Old
03-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Crossbar

Weiss has been pretty good all season, but Bouwmeester has been hands down one of the worst and most disappointing players on San Antonio this season. He made the AHL All-Star roster purely on his reputation....Weiss, Kiwi and goaltender Travis Scott were really the only candidates most Rampage fans felt should've represented San Antonio at the All-Star game. If you're looking purely on which player will help win you the Calder Cup between Bouw and Kiwi, hands down its Kiwi IMO. Jay has been terrible at both ends of the ice, while Joel has been terrific offensively and decent defensively.

Someone was wondering what Florida received in exchange for Weiss and Bouwmeester....

Quote:
In return, Florida will receive future considerations, that will be based on how far the Wolves advance in the playoffs.
As for San Antonio, it just seems impossible for them to make it to the playoffs. They already tried acquiring a scorer in Andre Savage from the Hershey Bears and it did absolutely nothing to change things. The Panthers wanted to make sure these guys were garenteed playing time in the playoffs so that they could experience the intensity of what the playoffs bring, while the current team (which would be without these guys anyway when NHL hockey resumes) continues developing and preparing for next season. The only disappointing thing is the Rampage received no help in exchange for these players, but really what GM of a playoff team would send someone vital to the team away? IMO they are the ones doing the Panthers a favor by allowing these guys to take up a lot of ice-time on their teams. I think its possible they might loan another prospect or two and possibly let go of someone you guys are familiar with, Paul Healey. The organization feels hes been a big disappointment, IMO hes been so-so, but he was scratched and had his captaincy taken away tonight so a trade might be on the way. Interested?

Old
03-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Frankie

Quote:
I've seen him many many times. He's no good.

Or should I say, he WAS no good.
stop lying, you've never seen him.

you can say he is no good. he's not retired.

pally had plenty of really good games for st.john's over the last couple of years. great pk guy. good hitter. solid, dependable checker.

Old
03-12-2005, 08:29 AM
richardn

Quote:
stop lying, you've never seen him.

you can say he is no good. he's not retired.

pally had plenty of really good games for st.john's over the last couple of years. great pk guy. good hitter. solid, dependable checker.
Yes, definatly true here. Pally's only problem is he has hands of stone. I am surprised Carl' O Steen doesn't like Pally, because he said he likes guys who work hard and aren't lazy. Pally was a frequent winner of the hardest working player of the game. Not to mention last year he led the team in points on PK. I think he is just shooting him down because we happen to like the guy. I happen to like the guy because he works his ass off, not to mention he is from my hometown and I played Base Ball with his older brother. If Druken had Pally's work ethic and defence he would have never played in the AHL.

Old
03-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Looks like eveyone is adding San Antonio vets ...

Road Runners add Healey

The Edmonton Road Runners announced on Saturday morning that they have acquired forward Paul Healey from the San Antonio Rampage.

The 6-foot-2, 207-pound Edmonton native is in his 10th professional season and has National Hockey League experience (75gp, 6g, 14a) after stints with the Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Rangers.

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/03/12/958655.html

I thought he would have been a good pickup to use as the Vet exemption rule instead of the injured Jason MacDonald .. He is familiar with St. Johns and a pretty decent 2 way player ..

Good pickup by the Road Runners ..

AHL transaction tracker

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/03/11/957629.html

Tracking the player movement leading up to the deadline for AHL teams to submit their Clear Day lists at 3:00 p.m. ET on March 17:

Last edited by Mess: 03-12-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old
03-12-2005, 10:58 AM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
Paul Healey would've been a great addition to the Leafs. I loved him when he was our property..

Old
03-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Leaf Army

Personally I never did like Paul Healey at all. And his 6 goals and 23 points this year don't do much to make me want to change that opinion.

Old
03-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Personally I never did like Paul Healey at all. And his 6 goals and 23 points this year don't do much to make me want to change that opinion.
He was just that MacDonald injured vet exempt replacement thought ..

but ..

Niklas Kronwall of Grand Rapids (DET) or Zach Parise of Albany (NJ) .. and get some Playoff experience..

would be very nice players to loan to the Baby Leafs ... NO ??

I am sure Toronto will not mind loaning $$$ to those teams ..

Old
03-12-2005, 11:14 AM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
Healey is not much of a scorer, but I think he's a good 2 way player and he filled in very nicely when the Leafs ran into injury problems.

Closed Thread