HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version III

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
I do understand your point BUT

There is going to have to be a middle period in all this.

Teams just don't go from being a bottom feeder to cup contender in the span of a season or 2.

There is going to be some middle of the road (aka, just make the POs) in there somewhere.
I'd rather the middle period be earned not purchased.

Buying mediocre players can make a difference, but I don't think they are the difference makers ... if you know what I mean.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
Old
02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
I would do it for anyone but Kessel, Kadri and Rielly. Everyone else is expendable for Ovi.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
redbull
but, was it onside?

newsflash: Kessel is better than Ovechkin. Has been for the last two years at least.

Ovechkin has "history" but watching him over the past two seasons, well, he's been horrible. If it was any other player, he would have been "cheechood" out of this league.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Kennymac07

just think of how more effective Ovy would be then Kessel... if you have watched the last couple games you will see points where Kessel can easily take his check and go away with the puck but he skates around the opposing player and they head up the ice.... I can atleast see Ovechkin finishing his check and moving the puck to another player or controlling the zone alot better then kessel, all he does is come off the side boards and shoot into traffic or float around the zone waiting for the puck

Old
02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
DD03
3D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennymac07 View Post
just think of how more effective Ovy would be then Kessel... if you have watched the last couple games you will see points where Kessel can easily take his check and go away with the puck but he skates around the opposing player and they head up the ice.... I can atleast see Ovechkin finishing his check and moving the puck to another player or controlling the zone alot better then kessel, all he does is come off the side boards and shoot into traffic or float around the zone waiting for the puck
Or missing the puck, and not back checking and it results in a goal? Yeah that's Ovechkin for you lately. He's not very interested at all. He's got a 9 million dollar price tag and he's not producing. People are complaining about Phil not producing at 5.4, there'd be an uproar if Ovechkin was on this team. Come on now guys. Even my offer was a joke. You think Luongo hinders this team? How about a player getting paid like he's the best in the World but not being anywhere close?? That doesn't even make sense. You guys are nuts.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
DD03
3D

Don't think Shero needs to scout Kulemin. He's seen what he can do when he scouted Malkin.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Kennymac07

Ovechkin > Kessel in my opinion. Even though they play pretty similar, just the size and strength alone make him more valuable to this team then Kessel.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennymac07 View Post
Ovechkin > Kessel in my opinion. Even though they play pretty similar, just the size and strength alone make him more valuable to this team then Kessel.
He makes almost 2x more than Kessel.

Kessel at 5.4 > Ovechkin at 9.5M for another ~9 years...he will be making 9.5M when he's 33-35... he's going to be a 60 point guy at best then.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Defense

I have proposed this trade for Ovechkin before.

Rielly, Biggs, Percy, 1st round pick.

Ovechkin

Salary cap wise, add in Komisarek or something or have Washington retain some of Ovys salary. I really think nows the time Ovechkin is touchable, and I believe we get the best player in the deal. Everyone has forgotten how talented Ovechkin actually is. I believe Carlyle would get this guy going again, plus Carlyle is a players coach.

Kessel and Ovy both on the same team, heck on our 1st and 2nd lines would make us dangerous. And I really think Ovy can turn it around, he is only 27 years old.

Our PP would improve with Ovy. No doubt about it. Put him where Kessel is now on the PP because Kessel can't do one timer slapshots and throw Kessel on the other side, lots of options with Ovechkin, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Grabovski, JVR, and Kulemin as our forwards.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Don't think Shero needs to scout Kulemin. He's seen what he can do when he scouted Malkin.
Possibly but it may be a bigger deal, involving one of the young marlie defencemen and that may be the focus of the scouts but because they had two of their top scouts at the game, it does ramp up the speculation and Simon Despres also has some interest to me.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Ovechkin has always loved the Maple Leafs ever since he was a kid. Just sayinnnnnnn

Old
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Defense

He is a proven game changer, 59 points in 51 playoff games, 4 time 50 goal scorer, 1 time 65 goals, 2 each of Hart and Rocket Richard trophies, etc.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Pittsburgh may be looking to get a winger to play with Malkin and it was reported last year they may have offered a 1st rounder for Kulemin.

I'm wondering if they may do a Brandon Sutter for Kulemin deal and though I would hate losing Kulemin, Sutter is a 6'.3" center with some finish and is only 23.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit130205.html
No chance they give up Sutter. That C depth is more important than finding a winger for Malkin.

I would do a 1st rounder for Kulie + a d prospect. Maybe 1st + Harrington.

To me, with Komarov now in the fold, Kulie has become less important. It would put Mac back into an integral role as a winger as well.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
ACC1224
Working too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post

Ovechkin

Salary cap wise, add in Komisarek or something or have Washington retain some of Ovys salary. I really think nows the time Ovechkin is touchable, and I believe we get the best player in the deal. Everyone has forgotten how talented Ovechkin actually is. I believe Carlyle would get this guy going again, plus Carlyle is a players coach.

Kessel and Ovy both on the same team, heck on our 1st and 2nd lines would make us dangerous. And I really think Ovy can turn it around, he is only 27 years old.

Our PP would improve with Ovy. No doubt about it. Put him where Kessel is now on the PP because Kessel can't do one timer slapshots and throw Kessel on the other side, lots of options with Ovechkin, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Grabovski, JVR, and Kulemin as our forwards.
As a Leaf fan I would want no part of that deal.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:13 AM
topched

Quote:
He is a proven game changer, 59 points in 51 playoff games, 4 time 50 goal scorer, 1 time 65 goals, 2 each of Hart and Rocket Richard trophies, etc.
Hasn't done any of that in 3 years.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
DD03
3D

Quote:

Ovechkin

Trading our future for players on the decline.. This is not a recording.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Why are people here proposing for Ovechkin now?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Quote:

Ovechkin

Switch Rielly with Gardiner and I am sold.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Kyle Doobas*

vCash: 159
There's no way Pittsburgh trades Sutter for Kulemin now. Makes absolutely no sense. Most likely a 1st + prospect.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Ovechkin has always loved the Maple Leafs ever since he was a kid. Just sayinnnnnnn
really? news to me.

02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I Believe

Why would a rebuilding team mortgage the future for Ovechkin?

I think you trade future assets for him if you're going for the cup and believe he can push your team over the top, and that's definately not us at the moment. Just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for us right now.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Dark Knight
The North !!

I've been thinking of a possible Kulemin to Pittsburgh deal for a while.

Brian Dumoulin
2nd '13

for

Nikolai Kulemin

I think this works for both sides. Leafs get a future top 4 D-man with size and a fairly high pick in the next years draft. Gives us a chance to graduate a younger guy like Carter Ashton, Joe Colborne or Jerry D'Amigo from the Marlies.

02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe View Post
Why would a rebuilding team mortgage the future for Ovechkin?

I think you trade future assets for him if you're going for the cup and believe he can push your team over the top, and that's definately not us at the moment. Just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for us right now.
We certainly aren't the team for him. We need more young assets than trading them.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Kyle Doobas*

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I've been thinking of a possible Kulemin to Pittsburgh deal for a while.

Brian Dumoulin
2nd '13

for

Nikolai Kulemin

I think this works for both sides. Leafs get a future top 4 D-man with size and a fairly high pick in the next years draft. Gives us a chance to graduate a younger guy like Carter Ashton, Joe Colborne or Jerry D'Amigo from the Marlies.
1st + Dumoulin would definitely give us something to think about IMO

Old
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:

Ovechkin

And I'll say it again: Horrible. Brutal. Just horrible.

Why in god's name are we giving away 4 first round picks for a player on a massive decline, on a horribly long contract? This is absolutely the worst of ALL proposals on HFboards - probably one of the worst ideas ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03
Trading our future for players on the decline.. This is not a recording.
This x100000.

Can't believe people would even consider this after seeing the likes of Hamilton, Seguin, Rask and Couture evolve from our charity. Get a grip.

Closed Thread