HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
G51 K81*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Could you have possibly missed the point any further? I compared FLA's centers, Van's goalies and TO's defensemen. Keep up the good fight though.
Which has nothing in common with the others?

Old
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Nah, would rather have Jones easily.
Wow....did Reilly sleep with your sister or somthing?

Old
02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Numbers

Quote:
I do, just can't afford him.
Oh and in the Schneider thread we have Leaf fans now comparing Schneider to Toskala and saying he isn't worth very much.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:10 PM
luiginb

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
Hmmm..

I never thought about him to Tampa. They really like Conacher and are tearing it up though, so I doubt it'll happen unless they get a quality forward in return.
Another problem of Tampa's, aside from a questionable goaltender tandem, is a weak defense. They are still lethal up front, even without Conacher. Connauton I think could already be a NHL defender, but he's caught in a number's game in Vancouver, after many proven NHL defenders.

Last night's game proved again that Vancouver needs some scoring help up front, even though it's in the form of another short player, plus a 1st never hurts. Garon is there until Lack comes along next year. I haven't checked if this works financially, but it is a trade that may improve both teams, at least for the short term.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Place one of the guys on LITR then. Give the player extra rest. Management can put whoever they like on LITR. Anyways it was a point that Canucks could keep their players, who knows how things actually shake up. You do know cap could end up being higher then 64.3. Fans have come back big time, making records. Many factors, as I said the point of this exercise is that the situation is not as dire as people think.
You cant just place any player you want on LTIR. They have to have an injury that will keep them out of the lineup for 24 days and 10 games. Now you could lie and say a player with a minor injury has a serious one but that would be cap circumvention and would also require the players cooperation. It would also mean the player you were only going to lose for a week or two would be unavailable for atleast 10 games.

For example the Leafs right now have Brown and MacArthur out with day to day injuries. If all we had was 15K in cap space we wouldn't have bee able to call up Hamilton to replace them.

Old
G51 K81*

Quote:
Wow....did Reilly sleep with your sister or somthing?
Homer.

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Which has nothing in common with the others?
Are you serious? Let me slow it down. You said Gardiner has more value than Reilly because he has proven more...no? Are they both defensemen? Okay....so using your logic, Weiss should hold more value than Huberdeau to FLA...they are both centers...you follow? Vancouver should value Luongo more than Schnieder by your logic...they are both goalies...no?

In each case, the younger unproven player holds more value....period.

Old
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginb View Post
Another problem of Tampa's, aside from a questionable goaltender tandem, is a weak defense. They are still lethal up front, even without Conacher. Connauton I think could already be a NHL defender, but he's caught in a number's game in Vancouver, after many proven NHL defenders.

Last night's game proved again that Vancouver needs some scoring help up front, even though it's in the form of another short player, plus a 1st never hurts. Garon is there until Lack comes along next year. I haven't checked if this works financially, but it is a trade that may improve both teams, at least for the short term.
Yzerman completely dismissed the notion of trading for Luongo as long as he's got Vinny Lecavalier.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Homer.
Not at all, just wondering how Reilly isn't close to Gardiner's value, yet Jones far exceeds it.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
That's considering we keep Ballard, which I'd love to but his cap hit is just too much.
I'd assume we keep one of Raymond / Higgins and try squeeze in Ballard or if we get a roster player back from another team we'd have to move him.
I wasnt trying to say there was no way for you guys to get under the cap, you have lots of options.
I was just pointing out a major flaw in that posters lineup. Many people when making those lineups dont understand the importance of a little extra cap space.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:14 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Quote:
Nah, would rather have Jones easily.
Can you give me what you think makes Gardiner better than Rielly? I don't want to hear the "one is in the NHL one is in the OHL because he's still 18" garbage. What skills of Gardiner's are better than Rielly's?

Quote:
I do, just can't afford him.
Thats the thing right here. Leaf fans do want Luongo. We really do. Vancouver just wants too much for him due to the contract. Luongo on a $4M contract until 2018, we'd need to give up a whole lot. But that's not the case

Old
02-02-2013, 01:15 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Quote:
Not at all, just wondering how Reilly isn't close to Gardiner's value, yet Jones far exceeds it.
I think you should do what I'm about to do. Recognize the troll, add to ignore list.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:16 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Are you serious? Let me slow it down. You said Gardiner has more value than Reilly because he has proven more...no? Are they both defensemen? Okay....so using your logic, Weiss should hold more value than Huberdeau to FLA...they are both centers...you follow? Vancouver should value Luongo more than Schnieder by your logic...they are both goalies...no?

In each case, the younger unproven player holds more value....period.
Gardiner is 23... Such a terrible comparison.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Oh and in the Schneider thread we have Leaf fans now comparing Schneider to Toskala and saying he isn't worth very much.
Which is why i'm not in the Schnieder thread. I'll admit, i'd prefer Luongo over Schnieder. Only because i like the proven commodity in goal. We've been burned by the Raycroft's of the world already. (not comparing)

That and if we can't afford Luongo, there is no sense even asking about Schnieder.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:17 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
You are making **** up now, when did I say Rielly isn't close to Gardiner?. I said I would rather keep Gardiner over Rielly. Both are great players... Jones is better then both.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Gardiner is 23... Such a terrible comparison.
Well Reilly is 18 and you've already said he's topped out, so i guess we are even.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:20 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Can you give me what you think makes Gardiner better than Rielly? I don't want to hear the "one is in the NHL one is in the OHL because he's still 18" garbage. What skills of Gardiner's are better than Rielly's?

Thats the thing right here. Leaf fans do want Luongo. We really do. Vancouver just wants too much for him due to the contract. Luongo on a $4M contract until 2018, we'd need to give up a whole lot. But that's not the case
Those end to end rushes Rielly does.. Gardiner does in the NHL, those tape to tape back door passes Rielly does, Gardiner does in the NHL, Gardiner's shot is superior to Rielly's and Gardiner is bigger than Rielly.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
You are making **** up now, when did I say Rielly isn't close to Gardiner?. I said I would rather keep Gardiner over Rielly. Both are great players... Jones is better then both.
I believe it was when you stated "Reilly will be lucky to become as good as Gardiner", could be wrong though.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Well Reilly is 18 and you've already said he's topped out, so i guess we are even.
Didn't say he has topped out, neither player has topped out. I like both players still, you act like Gardiner is on Boston.

My statement was Gardiner > Rielly in the long and short term. But both are going to be great.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I wasnt trying to say there was no way for you guys to get under the cap, you have lots of options.
I was just pointing out a major flaw in that posters lineup. Many people when making those lineups dont understand the importance of a little extra cap space.
Thank you for the advice lol. Yes I do understand this, to be honest I could see Jensen playing next year and dropping Raymond. I guess if I try to post something I better write an essay explaining myself because if I don't someone will try to poke holes in it. It's not like will actually be Vancouvers actual roster next year.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:28 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
I believe it was when you stated "Reilly will be lucky to become as good as Gardiner", could be wrong though.
He will be lucky, you can't just assume every prospect will be elite before they even played a game in the NHL. Gardiner in stretches last season was leaps and bound our best dman, especially from an offensive standpoint. Maybe I like Gardiner because he controls the pace of the game where Rielly goes 100% all of the time. Gardiner's style is much more rare in my opinion.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Didn't say he has topped out, neither player has topped out. I like both players still, you act like Gardiner is on Boston.

My statement was Gardiner > Rielly in the long and short term. But both are going to be great.
Not at all. I wouldn't trade either...period. But that being said, Reilly holds more value.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:36 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Quote:
Those end to end rushes Rielly does.. Gardiner does in the NHL, those tape to tape back door passes Rielly does, Gardiner does in the NHL, Gardiner's shot is superior to Rielly's and Gardiner is bigger than Rielly.
Rielly will be able to make those end to end rushes, tape to tape passes are the same in any league. If anything, Rielly's in the NHL will be better because the skills of his teammates will be much better. Gardiner is taller than Rielly by 2 inches. Rielly outweighs Gardiner by 20lbs, and is much, much stronger than Gardiner. Rielly was one of the strongest in the combine

Old
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Rielly will be able to make those end to end rushes, tape to tape passes are the same in any league. If anything, Rielly's in the NHL will be better because the skills of his teammates will be much better.Gardiner is taller than Rielly by 2 inches. Rielly outweighs Gardiner by 20lbs, and is much, much stronger than Gardiner. Rielly was one of the strongest in the combine
I get that you feel Rielly has a higher ceiling, but this made no sense. If that was true every prospect would jump to the NHL no problem.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Quote:
I get that you feel Rielly has a higher ceiling, but this made no sense. If that was true every prospect would jump to the NHL no problem.
False. Why do you think Dougie Hamilton spent a couple years in the minors before only making the jump this year? Young players often benefit by having a couple of years to learn how to best use their skills to dominate against their peers. Plus, there is the benefit of not burning a year off of an entry-level contract on an 18 year old. Good for cap management. Cap management is a good thing.

Closed Thread