HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
G51 K81*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
False. Why do you think Dougie Hamilton spent a couple years in the minors before only making the jump this year? Young players often benefit by having a couple of years to learn how to best use their skills to dominate against their peers. Plus, there is the benefit of not burning a year off of an entry-level contract on an 18 year old. Good for cap management. Cap management is a good thing.
Okay, I am done with this. You literally just argued with yourself.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Okay, I am done with this. You literally just argued with yourself.
you take the cake as the dumbest poster I've come across. I dont like having to read things from dumb people. Welcome to the ignore list!

Old
02-02-2013, 01:04 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
you take the cake as the dumbest poster I've come across. I dont like having to read things from dumb people. Welcome to the ignore list!
You going to rebuttal yourself again? LOL

Old
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Vancouver Canucks*

Quote:
nice username to post content ratio

Old
02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
My god lets reset the last three pages.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Bleach Clean

"Are you kidding me? You've got to be a lot mentally tougher than that to play goalie in this league, no?" -- AV's thoughts on potential complications of the Halak/Price tandem in MTL.

He doesn't care who plays so long as VAN wins. From that quote, he feels the goalies should be able to handle it. In fact, he's going to test Schneider's mental toughness just because he's like that. So far, Schneider has proven to be exemplary in this regard. True team player and pro.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Strombone ‏@strombone1

Quote:
Being a backup is a lot funner than I anticipated.........
Hilarious

Old
02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
corey much be thrilled with those tweets

Old
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Who cares what he thinks, Luongo had 2 go through a hell of a lot more this offseason then little schneider did.

Also it's cory.

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 02-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
I don't think Crawford cares much.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Who cares what he thinks, Luongo had 2 go through a hell of a lot more this offseason then little schneider did.

Also it's cory.
i guess it's good nucks kept LOU never thought "CORY" will be a # 1 to depend on

Old
02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
My first thought as well. Still funny as hell though.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
NoShowWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
can you really come off any more ignorant? "who cares what he thinks," You should. These two have worked very well together. Schneider has been very professional about this whole thing but getting asked the same stupid questions every day is going to wear. It wore on Luongo last year and Schneider was very supportive the whole time. Luongo having fun with his tweets at the expense of the "starter" is negligent on his part.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Reign Nateo

I have a hard time believing there'd ever be an issue between Schneider and Lu. They're both great guys and have done nothing short of fully supported each other at every stage.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
I have a hard time believing there'd ever be an issue between Schneider and Lu. They're both great guys and have done nothing short of fully supported each other at every stage.
Agreed completely. He's an NHL goalie. If he can't handle the idea of the other goalie playing lights out and getting some starts (exactly like he did last year, when he was playing lights out and started a bunch in a row) then he probably won't last in a prolonged cup run and we should just cut him now.

Remember when Luongo and AV made last minute adjustments to make sure Cory got enough starts to be able to get his name on the Jennings a few years back? Remember how they started him against Boston because it was his home town, even though Luo was coming off a shutout? I can't imagine there being any bad blood between them.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post

It's a great story though. The media loves and the fans eat it up. Controversy is a lot more interesting than a ho hum friendship between two goaltenders. It draws people in.

I can't wait until Schneider gets back in, goes on a run of his own, and the narrative completely flip flop in this thread by some of the same posters. Should be fun.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
YogiCanucks

Issue or not. It's not like Gillis will drop the price on either goalie. If anything he'll tell the goalies to suck it up and be professional.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Issue or not. It's not like Gillis will drop the price on either goalie. If anything he'll tell the goalies to suck it up and be professional.
I don't think he'll drop the price if both goalies are rocking it up; that should drive the price up if anything.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:24 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
I don't think he'll drop the price if both goalies are rocking it up; that should drive the price up if anything.
Especially like Lu has been.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

These last few games have been a cause for great amusement, it's like 80% of you have never seen Luongo play before and even the media is saying **** like, " He's tracking the puck really well this year." Which is hilarious because that's what Luongo told everyone he'd be working on during the off season but apart from his slow starts in the previous year he's always been the best ****ing goalie Vancouver has ever had and its not even close.

Funny, Luongo played fine in last years playoff's the team was in dire need of a shake up so they swapped goalies to let them know, **** just got real, play.
After that most people jumped on Luongo's back like how the team was playing is even remotely his fault but next thing we know hes a cap dump, lucky to get scraps from teams not even able to make the playoff's, hes an aging goalie who's best years are long behind him and lots of people are unable to understand his contract so it's bad because they've determined through some premonition that Roberto won't be able to play at 40.

I know there are some realistic posters here but the vast majority have either never seen him play or have the memory of a gold fish.

I love him, never wanted to trade him and get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I think about his apparently inevitable trade, I remember the days before Luongo, I hope all you psychics are right about Schneider.

Carry on.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Crows*

Love the posters on here praising Lu and saying he should be the Starter and how good he is. That are the same people that will rip him on 1 bad game or a couple bad goals and say he's a sieve.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:05 PM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
It's a great story though. The media loves and the fans eat it up. Controversy is a lot more interesting than a ho hum friendship between two goaltenders. It draws people in.

I can't wait until Schneider gets back in, goes on a run of his own, and the narrative completely flip flop in this thread by some of the same posters. Should be fun.
Showing your true colors, Bleach. You don't think Luongo will be dealt, you WANT him to be dealt.

Ass hurt over the way you believe he's let your beloved Canucks down in the playoffs?

I sure bet you cheer Roberto on.

Lame ****, homeboy.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Showing your true colors, Bleach. You don't think Luongo will be dealt, you WANT him to be dealt.

I sure bet you cheer Roberto on.

Lame ****, homeboy.

Wrong as usual Ag925 (running theme).

I _know_ Luongo will be dealt regardless. Recent events don't change my view on it, but they do for you it seems.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Skead

I'm not a bandwagoner and you can look up my post history if you want but I think trading Schneider must become an option;

Burrows 31
Higgins 29
H. Sedin 32.0000002
D. Sedin 32.0000001
Bieksa 31
Hamhuis 30
Garrison 28
Luongo 33

they're all similarly aged and I'm thinking long term here, maybe it's best to trade Schneider for some solid picks/prospects to replenish the pool a bit for the future.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:26 PM
StringerBell

Or we could trade Luongo for picks/prospects to replenish for the future.

Closed Thread