HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
BigAl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
LoL richards is better? had an overall better career yes but at 32 today no way is he a 40 goal scoring selke winner. thx for coming out though.
Thanks for coming out? Richards isn't near 32. Don't bother posting if you are that clueless. Thanks for coming out though.

Richards has always been better than Kesler, and always will be. Hit me up when Kesler wins a Cup.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Thanks for coming out? Richards isn't near 32. Don't bother posting if you are that clueless. Thanks for coming out though.

Richards has always been better than Kesler, and always will be. Hit me up when Kesler wins a Cup.
Worst argument ever.
It takes more than 1 player to win a cup. Shawn Thornton > Joe Thornton (by your logic)

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Worst argument ever.
It takes more than 1 player to win a cup. Shawn Thornton > Joe Thornton (by your logic)
Ok, so it does, he also has Captained his team to the Mermorial Cup twice, won it once, WJHC Silver & Gold( also team captain),Calder Cup AHL, Olympic Gold medal and his Stanley Cup the guy is a winner and leader period. Kessler is a good player, Richards is a good player and great leader.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:

Obviously this is ridiculous from an objective point of view.

Richards is a great player. There is no doubt. But unlike your posts on this subject, I dont have some deep seeded hatred for Kesler , Richards, or Canuck players as a whole.

While they are my favorite team, the kings and flyers are certainly not. But thats not stopping me from praising how great Richards is. I can do that. Its called 'maturity'.

Kesler is , in all fairness, generational talent that does NOT come by your team but once every 20 years. A multiple Selke nominated center who consistently puts up at least 20 goals from the SECOND LINE , not first line .

He scored 40 goals and won the Selke in the same season. Richards has done nothing like this. Kesler is only the 3rd guy in NHL history to do so.

And while Richards has won the 16th playoff game to Keslers 15th , thus having a cup ring, Kesler also has two presidents trophies. Back to back in fact.

To me there is no GM who honestly picks Richards while having the choice between the two.

However, this was originally about Kessel. I do not trade Richards for Kessel either.

To trade Richards to Toronto you need Kessel and Gardiner .

Old
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Obviously this is ridiculous from an objective point of view.

Richards is a great player. There is no doubt. But unlike your posts on this subject, I dont have some deep seeded hatred for Kesler , Richards, or Canuck players as a whole.

While they are my favorite team, the kings and flyers are certainly not. But thats not stopping me from praising how great Richards is. I can do that. Its called 'maturity'.

Kesler is , in all fairness, generational talent that does NOT come by your team but once every 20 years. A multiple Selke nominated center who consistently puts up at least 20 goals from the SECOND LINE , not first line .

He scored 40 goals and won the Selke in the same season. Richards has done nothing like this. Kesler is only the 3rd guy in NHL history to do so.

And while Richards has won the 16th playoff game to Keslers 15th , thus having a cup ring, Kesler also has two presidents trophies. Back to back in fact.

To me there is no GM who honestly picks Richards while having the choice between the two.

However, this was originally about Kessel. I do not trade Richards for Kessel either.

Ok, lol, first off I love keslers talent but do not like him as a player. I will admit he is a very good player. That being said I am not a Richards fan per say, i have no problems with him outside of I am not a Flyers fan, lol. That being said richards as pointed out finished 2nd to Datsyuk in the closet Selke voting ever. He is also a better team player IMO. They are both excellent hockey players, but I don't think and I can't even remember who stated it that one can say Kesler is a "much better" player. We can add up acomplishments if you want as you brought up the Selke and Pesidents trophies of keslers. Richard has a memorial cup(captian), WJHC silver & gold(captain), Calder Cup ring and a Stanley Cup ring. Like I said both are good players Richards is a great leader, I think you would be suprised who the GM's might pick.

Though neither is Datsyuk, who could probably also play goalie or defense, lol.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post

Which of course (like most proposals in this thread) makes no sense for Toronto.

Luongo/Schneider is a very interesting scenario, even more so than it was before this season started. I too don't think Gillis can move Luongo during the season (unless Schneider explodes) but would it surprise me if he did? No, I don't know what to expect.

The offseason will be extremely interesting though. IMO something has to give then but the question is what?

Old
02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
Which of course (like most proposals in this thread) makes no sense for Toronto.

Luongo/Schneider is a very interesting scenario, even more so than it was before this season started. I too don't think Gillis can move Luongo during the season (unless Schneider explodes) but would it surprise me if he did? No, I don't know what to expect.

The offseason will be extremely interesting though. IMO something has to give then but the question is what?
what gives is who is avail to be signed and the cap space needed to do so or if a player suddenly becomes avail in an unforseen trade.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Richards is not even in keslers league. Until I see richards single handedely carry two playoff series, then maybe we can discuss this.

Kesler is faster, he hits harder, and is better offensively, and tied defensively.

It's not even close

Old
02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Richards is not even in keslers league. Until I see richards single handedely carry two playoff series, then maybe we can discuss this.

Kesler is faster, he hits harder, and is better offensively, and tied defensively.

It's not even close
Is this the same Richards that won a Cup in Tampa? Did he win the MVP of the playoffs that year?

Old
02-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Is this the same Richards that won a Cup in Tampa? Did he win the MVP of the playoffs that year?
He said he has to see it.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Mike Richards.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Zoombie

Quote:
Not the same Richards.
Richards and Kesler are both good players, don't know why this argument is going on at all, let alone in this thread. I'd take either on my beer league team.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Ok, lol, first off I love keslers talent but do not like him as a player. I will admit he is a very good player. That being said I am not a Richards fan per say, i have no problems with him outside of I am not a Flyers fan, lol. That being said richards as pointed out finished 2nd to Datsyuk in the closet Selke voting ever. He is also a better team player IMO. They are both excellent hockey players, but I don't think and I can't even remember who stated it that one can say Kesler is a "much better" player. We can add up acomplishments if you want as you brought up the Selke and Pesidents trophies of keslers. Richard has a memorial cup(captian), WJHC silver & gold(captain), Calder Cup ring and a Stanley Cup ring. Like I said both are good players Richards is a great leader, I think you would be suprised who the GM's might pick.

Though neither is Datsyuk, who could probably also play goalie or defense, lol.

Do you know who GMs would pick? Nope.

I think the first bold statement up there tells us what we need to know about your position vis a vis Kesler/Richards.

As to Luongo, I don't see him being dealt at the deadline. The offseason will cement further which teams want to make changes in goal. Further, it will give us some insight as to what teams relocate, and what teams fall in/out of the conference with VAN. DET for instance, in the east, makes them a player IMO.

LeBrun spoke about the DET philosophy on radio today. He intimates that had DET not had Lidstrom to promote their cheap-goalie philosophy, that they would be more willing to go with a better talent in goal. Along with them, is what CLB now does under Davidson. They have a plethora of futures to deal and could be looking to resolve their goaltending issues. They remain a player as long as Luongo is more apt to waive his NTC just to be a starter "somewhere". (Note: They actually had talks with VAN at the draft about Lu, per Dreger).

I really wonder what McPhee and WSH are going to do. Does he risk his job on Holtby's back? I dunno. This team remains the most interesting development in this saga.

TOR is there, but I don't think they deal anything young. As soon as they deal Kessel, whenever that comes (they can't let him just walk to FA), will signal the official rebuild.

Then there's the ever present Panthers. Where Lu clearly wants to go. Let's see how they go for the rest of the year.

Not for nothing, but this added wrinkle (if you can call the Lu situation that) has many VAN fans watching other teams with renewed interest. It's made hockey outside VAN more interesting for sure, at least for this fan (not that it wasn't already).

Old
02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
vanwest

Quote:
I thought we were talking about the Richards who played Kramer on Seinfeld?
I'd take Kesler over him any day of the week.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:35 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
Yup, this must be Liut's first dealing with Canadian media. Not. He got his point across to Gillis now he sits back and watches what happens. Don't be surprised if he makes another mis-quote in 10 days or so if everything is still status quo.
Sounds like a good way of getting his client traded to CBJ...

With Luongo playing well and CBJ still being one of the teams that needs goaltending help long-term, Schneider to CBJ is a very real possibility if Schneider decides to make too much of a stink.

Should have traded him to CBJ for J. Carter last year.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 PM
StringerBell

Schneider gets the start tomorrow. AV's coin flip with the call.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I thought we were talking about the Richards who played Kramer on Seinfeld?
I'd take Kesler over him any day of the week.
So we are not talking about the Richards who plays guitar for the Stones??

Old
02-06-2013, 07:53 PM
BigAl

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Ok, so it does, he also has Captained his team to the Mermorial Cup twice, won it once, WJHC Silver & Gold( also team captain),Calder Cup AHL, Olympic Gold medal and his Stanley Cup the guy is a winner and leader period. Kessler is a good player, Richards is a good player and great leader.
Must just be a coincidence.

What has Kesler won? Oh yeah, a Selke. Nice.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Must just be a coincidence.

What has Kesler won? Oh yeah, a Selke. Nice.
Didn't he score the game winner or tying goal when the US beat Canada for the WJHC gold one year?

Old
02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Maximus74

Don't shoot the messenger, but I had to chuckle at Kypreos on the Fan this afternoon during Hockey Central...

Called Luongo's contract the most untradeable contract in the history of hockey...

Old
02-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
Don't shoot the messenger, but I had to chuckle at Kypreos on the Fan this afternoon during Hockey Central...

Called Luongo's contract the most untradeable contract in the history of hockey...
Rick DiPietro says hi.
And good to see that Kypreos is still bitter.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:

Lol....Kypreos is a tool.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
inthewings

Quote:

Kypreos is a moron who shouldn't have a job.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:

There is no such thing as an "untradeable" contract given that Gomez got traded on his.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
There is no such thing as an "untradeable" contract given that Gomez got traded on his.
How does MTL feel watching Mcdonaugh. I think that would serve as a deterrence to future teams

Closed Thread