HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 11:55 PM
jammyrft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Schnider is not ready to be a starter
Sure he is...it's why we have two #1 goalies. We're just riding the +800 game vet who's on his game right now

Don't forget the last game Schneider played this year he had a shut out

Old
02-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Leafs12232

I think Lu is prepping the ultimate troll on the Canucks & Gillis. He's going to play his head off, force the trading of Cory S at the deadline.. then crap the bed and ask for a trade in June.

Baaaam.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
No one talks about the fact that luongo isn't playing better then normal....this is typical Luo, he's a damn good goalie. He wins games and kicks ass. The only reason people are taiking about Luo is because he could be traded. If that wasn't the case this would be exactly what Luongo brings and why we've been a damn good team since he's been our goalie
Not totally true, Luo is different this year, he's more aggressive, he's not letting in the weak ones, he's staying focused, rebound control is a lot better.

He's great however through 8 games this year, (the ones he's started) he's elevated his game. Lundqvist on the other hand.. costing me points in my pool =/

Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Delighted to see that the Canucks have a #1 goalie and that it is Lou. Oh, the irony. Oh, the anticlimax.
We have two, it sucks because one has to go, but god we have good goaltending.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs12232 View Post
I think Lu is prepping the ultimate troll on the Canucks & Gillis. He's going to play his head off, force the trading of Cory S at the deadline.. then crap the bed and ask for a trade in June.

Baaaam.
Ridiculous but if he did. We pull the ultimate counter troll by telling him "no."

Old
02-02-2013, 12:01 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Ridiculous but if he did. We pull the ultimate counter troll by telling him "no."
In all fairness, if he continues to play anywhere near as good as he's been playing now, the first half of that component could very well come true.

It may not be at the deadline, but Vancouver isn't going to make their choice based on the return, contract, or even age. They're going to make their choice based on who they think gives them the best chance to win. That being said, if the Canucks trade Schneider, there'd be little reason for Luongo to move on.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Numbers

Everyone on here is hilarious, these game to game reactions are perfect examples on why people on this board cannot be good at valuating players/situations. Nothing has changed. Gillis from the beginning was asking for a good return for a star goalie, if that offer comes along he will take it. But what is happening is a great example on why Vancouver will not trade Luongo for a poor return. In my opinion it is a good thing when either goalie plays well period, the team wins more games and asset values go up.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
StringerBell

Damn. Luongo playing so well is gonna make it pretty tough for whoever has waiver wire priority to pass on him.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Everyone on here is hilarious, these game to game reactions are perfect examples on why people on this board cannot be good at valuating players/situations. Nothing has changed. Gillis from the beginning was asking for a good return for a star goalie, if that offer comes along he will take it. But what is happening is a great example on why Vancouver will not trade Luongo for a poor return. In my opinion it is a good thing when either goalie plays well period, the team wins more games and asset values go up.
Its his contract thats impeding the quality return. With the contract he has, and with the new CBA no way to bury him in the minors or retire or whatnot, it makes it worse.

I still say Ashton, Colbourne and 2014 leafs first

so..............

Why not trade Schneider instead who is 26 years old and is only 4mil cap hit for 3 years ? His value is way higher , especially if he performs as well as expected this year.......if the Canucks give him the chance that is.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:12 AM
DingoAteMyBaby

At this point if Luongo gets traded I'd be upset.

I understood everything going on in the off season but with how calm he's been, how much fun he's had and how good he's been I can't imagine him being gone now.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:15 AM
rune74

I always wanted to keep him. Schneider can bring in a pretty good haul himself.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Its his contract thats impeding the quality return. With the contract he has, and with the new CBA no way to bury him in the minors or retire or whatnot, it makes it worse.

I still say Ashton, Colbourne and 2014 leafs first

so..............

Why not trade Schneider instead who is 26 years old and is only 4mil cap hit for 3 years ? His value is way higher , especially if he performs as well as expected this year.......if the Canucks give him the chance that is.

That is a ridiculous return. His cap hit is very good. Yes the length is long, but Luongo is going to a top 5 goalie in all time wins by the end of his career. These type of guys play into their 40's and are good. So even if there are 1-3 years left in the contract, the team trading for him will get hit for a very small cap hit. Then there is injury reserve and additional buy out options if his contract was traded back to Vancouver. New CBA could negotiated by then. Cap will be higher and therefore his cap hit becomes proportionately smaller. So many factors that work in favour of his contract. Many people on here can't do math very good and don't understand risk/reward very well either.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:16 AM
xtra

Man i bet, bozak and kadri would really help the canucks right now instead of this cap dump we have in the net

Old
02-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I always wanted to keep him. Schneider can bring in a pretty good haul himself.

I think you're mistaken. Unproven starters don't go for nearly as much as you think.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:17 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Schneider to NJ for Larsson and Hedberg. Controversy solved!

Old
02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
[/B]

I think you're mistaken. Unproven starters don't go for nearly as much as you think.
You have no idea what a goalie like Schneider would return. I think you're mistaken.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
[/B]

I'm pretty sure he has something like 71 starts. Thats not unproven.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

With Eddie Lack out 6 months & Luongo's play I don't think we're trading him. Plus the reported proposals don't help us.

Luongo is a man on fire & very inspired, had a feeling this was going to happen. He is a VERY proud guy & its showing. I personally think we've got our very own TT/Rask in 10/11 situation going on.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Not necessarily. I have always been open to trading either based on the return. For many teams Lu's contract is a concern and will negatively impact their offers. I would rather trade Schneider were something worthwhile should the choice come down to it.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Small Brain Presence

Nice job Vancouver management in easing Cory into his new position. This is like a company hiring a new CEO but keeping the old, really popular CEO with the company and giving him the office next door. Roberto Luongo, goaltender emeritus.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Not necessarily. I have always been open to trading either based on the return. For many teams Lu's contract is a concern and will negatively impact their offers. I would rather trade Schneider were something worthwhile should the choice come down to it.
All depends on return, Gillis said yesterday on the radio he will trade any player on the roster if it makes the team better, but has not even considered trading Schneider.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Brain Presence View Post
Nice job Vancouver management in easing Cory into his new position. This is like a company hiring a new CEO but keeping the old, really popular CEO with the company and giving him the office next door. Roberto Luongo, goaltender emeritus.
Vancouver management has done a fantastic job because they have 2 amazing goalies locked up for multiple years. Jealousy at its best

Old
02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
You have no idea what a goalie like Schneider would return. I think you're mistaken.
He would attract a lot of attention and probably get more than Luongo in a trade because his contract is much better but Schneider isn't going to keep up his .926SV and 2.29 GAA that he has in 70 games spread out over 2 seasons on a team like Tampa for example.

Playing on a good team helps your stats.

So he's not going to return a legit star quality forward or D like some Canuck fans think, but yes, I think he would fetch more than Luongo would because of his age, resume so far, and contract.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:35 AM
CanucksSayEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Schneider isn't going to keep up his .926SV and 2.29 GAA that he has in 70 games spread out over 2 seasons on a team like Tampa for example.
I dunno, I think he really could. He is good at goalie.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
He would attract a lot of attention and probably get more than Luongo in a trade because his contract is much better but Schneider isn't going to keep up his .926SV and 2.29 GAA that he has in 70 games spread out over 2 seasons on a team like Tampa for example.

Playing on a good team helps your stats.

So he's not going to return a legit star quality forward or D like some Canuck fans think, but yes, I think he would fetch more than Luongo would because of his age, resume so far, and contract.
He could fetch a high end prospect that could turn into a star and a 1st at minimum.

Closed Thread