HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Green + Brooks Laich for a top 6 power forward

Old
01-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Mike Green + Brooks Laich for a top 6 power forward

These two would be assets to a contender looking to add depth. Wsh needs a shakeup and needs some gritty forwards. they would want a top 6 power forward and a grinding 3rd line winger with offense and dump Ward.

I bet One of these two or both are moved at the dead line.

Green + Laich to carolina for Jokinen (would be Ruutu if he wasnt injured), LaRose, Faulk, 1st.

I see Boston as a fit, but WSH would want lucic or Horton + top prospect like Caron. Chara + Green would be unreal.

Last edited by Puckgenius*: 01-31-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:57 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

Puckgeniusthread/10

Mike Green is the opposite of our needs, and we lose our best defenseman in the same deal

w e l o s t b o y s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
Puckgeniusthread/10

Mike Green is the opposite of our needs, and we lose our best defenseman in the same deal
But carolina gets a much needed 3rd line centre and Green is a bigupgrade over corvo.

maybe make it Gleason instead of Faulk.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:06 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
But carolina gets a much needed 3rd line centre and Green is a bigupgrade over corvo.

maybe make it Gleason instead of Faulk.
Laich isn't even playing, and the only reason we need a 3rd line centre is because we're not making full use of Jokinen's talent.

So we trade away the guy we want to use somewhere else in our lineup, one of our defenseman who can actually play defense, our first, and Larose for...

Oft-injured Mike Green, to upgrade a player that literally almost ANY defenseman in the league could replace and an injured Brooks Laich

w e l o s t b o y s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Jimbo7200

Green + Laich for Franzen + Cleary + draft pick.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:28 PM
um

our defense without green is dreadful. while it would be nice to get a much needed power forward i think we need green more, not to mention laich himself is a top 6 forward

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Paper

Cammalleri for Green? Bloated contract for bloated contract.

Cammalleri's struggling early on this season and with the way Cervenka and especially Hudler started this season they look like they wouldn't be completely out of place playing in the top 6. Without Cammalleri the Flames still got Iginla, Tanguay (if they move him back), Glencross, Hudler, Cervenka (if they don't move him back), Stempniak, and Baertschi when healthy to make up their top 9 wingers.

Green coming over would mean no more Butler on the ice for the Flames which in itself is a win. The "top 4" would be Bouwmeester, Giordano, Green and Wideman but probably want to avoid pairing Green with Wideman on anything other than maybe the PP, so keep Wideman with Brodie, put Green with Sarich and give those pairings about the same time ES, and let Wideman and Green make up the rest of their ice time on the PP.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Yes, let's trade our best defenseman this season and a guy who's been out the whole time with an injury. Clearly, they're the source of our troubles.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post

Cammalleri's struggling early on this season and with the way Cervenka and especially Hudler started this season they look like they wouldn't be completely out of place playing in the top 6. Without Cammalleri the Flames still got Iginla, Tanguay (if they move him back), Glencross, Hudler, Cervenka (if they don't move him back), Stempniak, and Baertschi when healthy to make up their top 9 wingers.

Green coming over would mean no more Butler on the ice for the Flames which in itself is a win. The "top 4" would be Bouwmeester, Giordano, Green and Wideman but probably want to avoid pairing Green with Wideman on anything other than maybe the PP, so keep Wideman with Brodie, put Green with Sarich and give those pairings about the same time ES, and let Wideman and Green make up the rest of their ice time on the PP.
Value is interesting.

Cammalleri and Backstrom would make damages.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Lessy

Green and Laich fit the Oilers needs quite well though not ideally. Any chance they could be in on this without involving the big five?

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:43 AM
HappyGilmourr

Washington is a complete mess no way do they make the playoffs. I don't no what they could to to make there roster better in short term. Tonight they had solid goaltending but the Leafs were doing laps around them... I don't no man... Green for Cammalerri seems good for the caps. I would be so frustrated as a caps fan... a lot of talent but god they suck

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:29 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Bickell anyone? Bryan Bickell?

... Anyone?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

detroit offers franzen plus quincey plus jurco

or

quincey plus jurco plus sproul plus a pick

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Stryker Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post

I haven't been following the Caps, is Green playing pretty poorly? If so, then yeah,probably a decent swap, considering Cammy's struggles to start the year also.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
ilikeblocks

Carlson makes Green expendable, no?

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:19 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Mike Green to Ottawa.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Carlson makes Green expendable, no?
Carlson is playing like garbage, and has never shown the same ability to start the breakout that Green has.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Animus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
detroit offers franzen plus quincey plus jurco

or

quincey plus jurco plus sproul plus a pick
Stop please. The fact you put Sproul and Jurco in anything is an embarrassment. You are tossing in two guys with LOADS of upside for an oft-injured Mike Green and another guy that is currently injured and let's not even mentioning that Detroit would be swallowing 2 guys that make $10 million combined for two guys that make $1 million combined, if that.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
I haven't been following the Caps, is Green playing pretty poorly? If so, then yeah,probably a decent swap, considering Cammy's struggles to start the year also.
Offensively, he's been mediocre, although its still an improvement from late last season when he was recovering from surgery. Defensively, he's been IMO the best I've ever seen from him, and the fact that he's a + player with a 0.94 GA/60 (20th in the NHL) on a 1-5-1 team backs that up. He's not part of the problem right now, so no thanks on the Cammalleri deal.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Stop please. The fact you put Sproul and Jurco in anything is an embarrassment. You are tossing in two guys with LOADS of upside for an oft-injured Mike Green and another guy that is currently injured and let's not even mentioning that Detroit would be swallowing 2 guys that make $10 million combined for two guys that make $1 million combined, if that.
oh great, another one of these HF posters

all prospects=star NHL players

the chnaces Sproul ever comes close to being as NHL productive as Mike Green is about maybe 5%

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
dubplatepressure

I'm still trying to figure out why any decent team would want to part with a prized asset in a top-6 power forward, which in itself is a rarity, for a couple overpriced and under-performing players. Mike Green has trouble staying in the lineup and Laich looks godawful so far. Unless you're prepared to accept a lowball offer from a team with a 2nd or 3rd line PWF, I don't expect anyone to bite with anything you'd want.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why any decent team would want to part with a prized asset in a top-6 power forward, which in itself is a rarity, for a couple overpriced and under-performing players. Mike Green has trouble staying in the lineup and Laich looks godawful so far. Unless you're prepared to accept a lowball offer from a team with a 2nd or 3rd line PWF, I don't expect anyone to bite with anything you'd want.
The **** are you talking about? Green is 7th in the league in TOI/g and Laich hasn't even played yet because he's out with an injury. Is there some sort of implied sarcasm here that I'm missing, or are you really completely clueless?

Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Laich is probably payed too much but getting rid of Green for anything other than 2 decent defenseman is not going to happen.

You'd have to give us Pitkanen and Faulk, and then maybe a 1st round draft pick for Laich. Which would never happen. Like ever.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
The **** are you talking about? Green is 7th in the league in TOI/g and Laich hasn't even played yet because he's out with an injury. Is there some sort of implied sarcasm here that I'm missing, or are you really completely clueless?
Ok, I stand corrected on the Laich thing. I thought the word was he was under-performing this year - I was wrong. I was referencing the fact that Green has played, over the last 2 seasons, a total of 81 regular season games - half.

Please, settle down. Sheesh...

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Both of those in Ottawa would be brilliant...

Perhaps something around, Smith + Gonch + 2nd?

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote