HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where are all the people who bad mouthed Bourque?

Old
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
Where are all the people who bad mouthed Bourque?

Just wondering? All the pros who said he should be traded? I had to do it when I said Markov was done as a number one defensemen. Bourque has looked great on the second line, he's hitting, going hard to the net, battling, and playing strong minutes. Thumbs up to Bourque! He deserves a thread of his own.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Just wondering? All the pros who said he should be traded? I had to do it when I said Markov was done as a number one defensemen. Bourque has looked great on the second line, he's hitting, going hard to the net, battling, and playing strong minutes. Thumbs up to Bourque! He deserves a thread of his own.
In the PK Subban thread

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:21 PM
FF de Mars

I'm here, eating crow for now. Let's hope he keeps it up. His problem has been inconsistancy. However, I think Therrien is the perfect coach for that type of player. So far I'm impressed by Bourque. He needs to continue the good work, because we need him as a top 6 guy. Nobody wants to break the kids line !

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:21 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Based on how he played last year, he was a legit contender for being traded or bought out.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Praising him?
He played like **** last season, playing a lot better this season however.

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:24 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

He looks good.. but we need to see production. I can drive the net with my fat ass all day.. but if i never put the puck in the net.. what good is that?

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bigtimehockeyfan999

i was excited about him when we got him....but then he played pretty ****** last year and my opinion was that he was done..washed up and just didn't care about the game anymore....turns out it was just the coach. well, the real rene bourque has stood up...he's been great

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Bourque was a complete garbage can last year. What are people supposed to say:

Oh this guy has never even put in a real effort in 30 games for us but don't worry he'll be great for 4 games next year don't worry?

I'm glad he's playing well and working hard, but it's 4 games and he dogged it quite a bit last year. I'll wait a bit longer before I start giving him reach arounds

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Slowly turning into one of my favourites.. He's an example of good work ethic. Keep it up Rene.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

jinx thread.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Based on how he played last year, he was a legit contender for being traded or bought out.
In 38 games? For trading Cammilleri? You've got some interesting talent evaluation skills.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

He'll be in Therrien's doghouse about the time Pacioretty gets back and he'll be on pace for a buyout by the end of the season.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Mrb1p

We are all here. We bad mouth when they play bad and we love them when they play good its how it works. It's sports.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:27 PM
SeriousHabs

Right here. Bourque and Kaberle were the consensus picks for buyouts. As of today, Kaberle is the only option, but it might differ in 4 more games. We have all seen Kovalev and Kostitsyn play good 4 games in a row, especially against weak teams (FLA, WASH).

I wish that Marleau finishes the season with 90 goals and I wish that Bourque keeps up the good effort. I doubt either happens

Bourque will have bad games. I hope the fans are ready to accept that both Gallagher and Galchenyuk will also look bad at times.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
jinx thread.
Yeah, really. Bourque is starting well. Hope it continues. Hope he adds some production/finish to the solid effort. I don't think a few good games is going to change an opinion generated from several years of watching him, however. But it's a great start. He's got an easy lead on Kaberle for sure. He sucked last season and has been a streaky player before that, so I'm not getting my hopes up that he'll change overall. But it'd be great if he did. Or even if he just produced enough as a bit of a misfit gap-fill player that he doesn't provide any net loss, anyway. I'm hopeful that he can at least do that, if not exactly optimistic. It's a short season too, so if he gets a good streak to start, it limits the damage, and we can keep on evaluating next season.

i.e. Here we are!

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Gally11

I was one that had a lot of hope for Bourque starting off a new season fresh with a new coach and healthy... But let's be real here he's been inconsistant his whole career let's wait a bit before praising him too much, he has been one of the better looking forwards through 4 however and I find myself defending him to some friends still. I like his drive right now though

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
I didn't think too highly of Bourque, that I will admit. Pleasantly surprised thusfar this year though, easily one of our best forwards so far. Let's hope he keeps it up

Help is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Right now, I'm eating crow. He's working damn hard and even if he isn't scoring, he's making smart decisions in the offensive zone, helping his line sustain pressure and even drawing penalties.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Over a 38 game span. Even though the last 3 full seasons in Calgary he had scored 21 (in 58 games, a pace of about 28 over a full season), 27 and 27 goals? Three full seasons of consistent 27ish goal scoring pace but buy him out after 38 games with a new team which placed last in the conference?

I'm happy to see him playing like we hoped he would, and hopefully he continues to do so and prove that last year was just a bad phase.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrcontractor

Bourque was injured and got operated in the off season. That's why he was playing like crap and looked "off'.

mrcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

always liked Bourque & that wont change

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Right here. Bourque and Kaberle were the consensus picks for buyouts. As of today, Kaberle is the only option, but it might differ in 4 more games. We have all seen Kovalev and Kostitsyn play good 4 games in a row, especially against weak teams (FLA, WASH).

I wish that Marleau finishes the season with 90 goals and I wish that Bourque keeps up the good effort. I doubt either happens

Bourque will have bad games. I hope the fans are ready to accept that both Gallagher and Galchenyuk will also look bad at times.
Extrapolation: if Marleau finishes the season with 90 goals, Bourque will finish his with ZERO

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:01 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

My initial hope was that MT would light a fire under Bourque, 4 games in and I like what I see. I have and will continue to hold off judgement on him until the season is over. No question bout it though that when he puts all his effort and concentration at the game, he can be a great asset.

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Miller Time

Right here... though I don't think "bad mouthing" is a fair way to describe how most posters talked about Bourque. Yes, there are the childish attacks, but in general many people simply pointed out that his performance/effort/attitude last year was lacking & that with his contract we'd be better off without him... 4 games hardly changes that.

and if you think 3 solid games out of 4 is somehow a sign that he's going to be an effective performer for us for the next 4 seasons, power to you.

You should keep in mind that he played this well in a handful of games last year, didn't stop it from being a terrible season.

Also of note, Bourque with the Flames tended to start the season off pretty well (PPG in both of his 27 goal seasons, 6pts/10games & 5pts/9games in the other years), his problem has always been with consistency, and the inevitable mid-season drop in performance.

He's still very much a buy-out candidate in my mind, and frankly, if he plays well enough to take that option off the table, i'd expect that the team will shop him around aggresively

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Once he scores once I think he'll start scoring a bunch, he's working very hard and opening up a ton of space for Pleks and Gio.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote