HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Matt Read

Old
02-02-2013, 03:22 AM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Ducks offer...

Bryan Allen + Matt Beleskey

for

Matt Read

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
In the tradition of Flyers fans offering Read in every deal for star players, I think that Callahan and/or Lundqvist should do.

In all seriousness, I don't know. Looking at your roster I'm not sure you have any pieces that benefit us that we would get without us adding...and we can't really give up any more players, prospects, or picks.
I was hoping to find this post in here. Well done.

Read will be Philly's diamond in the rough. He won't fetch the value he brings to them because he doesn't have the pedigree, so he's a Flyer for some time. I bet they're real upset about it too...

Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:31 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
I was hoping to find this post in here. Well done.

Read will be Philly's diamond in the rough. He won't fetch the value he brings to them because he doesn't have the pedigree, so he's a Flyer for some time. I bet they're real upset about it too...
Actually due to his age he will be a UFA at the end of next year which just so happens to coincide with Giroux, B. Schenn, and Couturier's RFA years. Now basing that off the way Flyer fans talk about each one of those players being the next Gretzky they should all be getting huge raises. Lol Matt Read might just not a Flyer for as long as you seem to think. Lol

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Actually due to his age he will be a UFA at the end of next year which just so happens to coincide with Giroux, B. Schenn, and Couturier's RFA years. Now basing that off the way Flyer fans talk about each one of those players being the next Gretzky they should all be getting huge raises. Lol Matt Read might just not a Flyer for as long as you seem to think. Lol
Unless those guys have monster years next year, Schenn and Couturier won't see massive raises on their first contract after their ELC. Giroux only got 3.75per. I'd expect a similar range for both Schenn and Couturier.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote