HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Malkin "tomahawk"

Old
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Raffi Torres does that his first game back, and the league looks the other way???

Have my doubts here.
That's a pretty intellectually dishonest example.

Yeah, star status is why it would be treated differently, not the fact that Torres is a half dozen time repeat offender.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Bank Shot

I'm not a fan of either team and thought the whole exchange was pretty funny. Was expecting a two hand chop not a one handed swing.

I'd probably call it two minutes for highsticking

Bank Shot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
People know that slashing isn't a suspension, but a 2 minute penalty, right?

02-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post

Yeah, star status is why it would be treated differently, not the fact that Torres is a half dozen time repeat offender.
Just thinking of "worst case scenario" here, plenty of other names would fall into the same group.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:21 PM
newfy

Too many pens fans crying about Malkin getting slashed in the wrist and crosschecked infront of the net. That happens anytime someone is out in front like that. Holmstrom would've gotten 4 dmen a game suspended if they were gonna call that, maybe theres a different standard for a superstar though that they should be able to sit in front untouched?

The guy on the Wild (PMB I think) has no history of being dirty but accidentally had his stick ride up on a guy and got a couple games for it. Malkin should definitely get something

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Just thinking of "worst case scenario" here, plenty of other names would fall into the same group.
You don't use the worst case scenario as a comparison for something.

Would Hagelin get suspended? Would Jeffrey?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
You don't use the worst case scenario as a comparison for something.

Would Hagelin get suspended? Would Jeffrey?
Read the original post I quoted..... he said "no one would get suspended for it".

I was answering that. If you are told, "no one", then yes, as a rebuttal, you do go with the most likely answer.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:

No, because Malkin doesn't have a past for doing dirty things such as...

Slewfooting Paul Mara, jumping a defenseless Henrik Zetterberg within the last 90 seconds of a Stanley Cup Final game which by the CBA warrants an automatic one game suspension (which he never got suspended for - thank Uncle Gary for that), I mean I could go on and on.

Stop acting like Crosby and Malkin do nothing wrong. These guys are classic dirtbags, just as Mario was.

Want to hit them? A spear and a slash are the price for your efforts.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Read the original post I quoted..... he said "no one would get suspended for it".

I was answering that. If you are told, "no one", then yes, as a rebuttal, you do go with the most likely answer.
It's a pretty big leap to go from your average player to someone like Torres or Cooke. Even then, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get anything. Even if they did, it has nothing to do with superstar treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post

Slewfooting Paul Mara, jumping a defenseless Henrik Zetterberg within the last 90 seconds of a Stanley Cup Final game which by the CBA warrants an automatic one game suspension (which he never got suspended for - thank Uncle Gary for that), I mean I could go on and on.

Stop acting like Crosby and Malkin do nothing wrong. These guys are classic dirtbags, just as Mario was.

It's cute that some of you guys still don't understand how the instigator rule works. It's not an automatic suspension, it's a suspension pending a review. Malkin isn't the first or last guy to have his rescinded, Scott Walker did worse in the Canes/Bruins series and had his rescinded as well.

And as for your last part, if you want to slash them and get your stick in their face, followed by tackling them, then yeah, a spear and a slash are your reward.

This is pure comedy, I'm surprised Rangers fans haven't brought up Crosby's vicious assault on Lundqvist.

Crosby and Malkin aren't angels, both have gotten mad and done really stupid things, but we're not going to ignore everything that led up it.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Marcus Halberstram*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Just because nothing happened doesn't mean that the slash wasn't vicious.

IMO he should sit for about 5 games for that one, it sure was intentional and that stick will hit someone directly in the face the next time and the outcome of that won't be as pretty.
5 games, that's it?! Should easily be the rest of the season and the playoffs. How dare that weasel Malkin take multiple slashes to the wrists and knees, then get crosschecked in the face, and then half-heartedly retaliate. Oh the horror.

Some of you people really crack me up. Go watch curling or something.

Marcus Halberstram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Should be a suspension but won't be. Malkin and Crosby can get away with anything.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Saving Greiss
Trade Malkin???

Quote:

If Staal wants to slash Malkin - or any player for that matter - and take his stick to their helmet, then he should bo willing to take it back. Obviously, as seen from what ensued, he can't.

Saving Greiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
People know that slashing isn't a suspension, but a 2 minute penalty, right?
You sure?

Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:

Don't bring that up because you are just going to make yourself look bad. The rule states that it is reviewable.

Rule 46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident. The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc.

They put that loophole in there so that stars can still start stuff and not be suspended.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Should be a suspension but won't be. Malkin and Crosby can get away with anything.

Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:07 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

A one handed falling backwards tap to the helmet and we get all of these pages with people posting videos of the McSorley incident...

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:07 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Yup that's a load of crap. He should definitely get 4 games at least for that ****.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
It's a pretty big leap to go from your average player to someone like Torres or Cooke. Even then, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get anything. Even if they did, it has nothing to do with superstar treatment.

It's like you didn't even read or understand my reasoning for using Torres.

When will I learn not to engage in a conversation that has anything to do with Malkin or Crosby with 99% of Penguins fans.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

League will turn a blind eye to Malkin and his dirty plays as it has throughout his career... why change now??

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

When will I learn not to engage in a conversation that has anything to do with Malkin or Crosby with 99% of Penguins fans.
I know why you used Torres as an example, it still doesn't mean anything. You responded to someone saying it wasn't superstar treatment and that likely anyone who did it wouldn't be suspended, and you threw out one of the handful of the guys that might be.

You completely skimmed over to point of what he said and decided quibble over a smaller detail.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo73 View Post
If you're banning Malkin (and I'd give him a game or two) then you're banning Staal for his slash and cross-check. Two of them got caught up in the heat of the moment and took it too far. Few games to remind them to keep the sticks out of it.
Exactly. Malkin's retaliation was terrible, and the worse of the two, but that doesn't excuse Staal slashing Malkin across the neck and wrists (which I thought was going to be more heavily punished this season, but what do I know, these are NHL refs afterall).

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Saving Greiss
Trade Malkin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
League will turn a blind eye to Malkin and his dirty plays as it has throughout his career... why change now??
Because he didn't do anything that warranted a suspension. I know, hard to fathem.

Saving Greiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:24 PM
boots electric

vCash: 50
Hey look, more caveman sports culture.

Intentionally hitting a guy in the head with a stick should be an automatic suspension. The fact that anyone bothers debating the circumstance is baffling

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Jacob

I'd fine both, but neither warranted a suspension.

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
It's cute that some of you guys still don't understand how the instigator rule works. It's not an automatic suspension, it's a suspension pending a review. Malkin isn't the first or last guy to have his rescinded, Scott Walker did worse in the Canes/Bruins series and had his rescinded as well.
And Malkin deserved to be suspended. By the rule, that's what the rule says. But, cute how you turn a blind eye to Uncle Gary helping you out once again as he has for the last 8 or so years.

Quote:
And as for your last part, if you want to slash them and get your stick in their face, followed by tackling them, then yeah, a spear and a slash are your reward.
If you're going to go and slash the goalie when he has the puck and take extra shots at him while he's covering it like that, expect to get that kind of treatment.

It's apparently obvious that you've NEVER played hockey at even a semi-competitive level if you can't understand that concept.

Quote:
This is pure comedy, I'm surprised Rangers fans haven't brought up Crosby's vicious assault on Lundqvist.
Nah, I'll just bring up the fact that he slewfoot both Callahan and Dubinsky twice in the same week in the 2011 season.

Quote:
Crosby and Malkin aren't angels, both have gotten mad and done really stupid things, but we're not going to ignore everything that led up it.
Has it ever even occurred to you that they could be ****-disturbers that ask for the **** they get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
If Staal wants to slash Malkin - or any player for that matter - and take his stick to their helmet, then he should bo willing to take it back. Obviously, as seen from what ensued, he can't.
And Malkin should expect that kind of treatment for taking extra hacks at Lundqvist, or any goalie for that matter when they're covering the puck.

Obviously, as seen from what has ensued here, you can't grasp that concept.

Quote:

It's a joke, man. They can do nothing wrong. It's a shameless sense of entitlement given to them by Uncle Gary himself. Tortarella was right about their organization, arrogant. Just too bad he didn't speak about the fanbase, they're not too far off at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Because he didn't do anything that warranted a suspension. I know, hard to fathem.
Hard to fathom the fact that you can't spell the words that you're using in a sad attempt to be sarcastic.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote