HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pacioretty's quick injury recoveries and other tales of general badassery.

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

vCash: 500
Its because hes got the best doctor, who understands his needs because this doctor also happens to be an (ex) NHL player

Old
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8880 View Post
Meh. Matt Greene got hit by a car and didnt miss a game.
A real men's man.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Bocephus86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Amazing that two "fans" would think that acceptable, let alone funny. Couple of retards.
Oh I know and I know the vast vast majority of Habs fans are not like this it was just a response to the tweet thing after last years loss to the Caps. More like an "every team has idiot fans" thing. Sorry if it came across different.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
Pacioretty did not deserve to be injured by Chara.

But his actions before that show that he might be the dumbest player in the league.

Firstly, he shoves Big Z after scoring the winning OT goal. Then in the next game, he trash talks Z.

All I can say is that there are no other NHL players stupid enough to do this.

It would be like me taunting the biggest baddest guy in my neighbourhood repeatedly, then being shocked when he attacks me.

Good player, but a complete moron.
You think Chara was trying to hurt him on purpose?

I find it strange that you paint Max as the bad guy in that whole situation. He's dumb, he's an idiot, he's a moron...Chara's the one with the reckless hit.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Matt Damon

Mario came off a long battle with cancer AND a herniated disk at the same time and lead the league in scoring. Also got his hand broke by Adam Graves in the play-offs, missed only 5 games, but still won Conn Smythe. Battled injury after injury his whole career.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
sully1410
#VinegarStrokes

vCash: 72
I still remember shanahan spitting out a mouth full of teeth and not leaving the game.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
Oh I know and I know the vast vast majority of Habs fans are not like this it was just a response to the tweet thing after last years loss to the Caps. More like an "every team has idiot fans" thing. Sorry if it came across different.
Its all good mang. The post you responded to deserved it.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Reynaldo28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Damon View Post
Mario came off a long battle with cancer AND a herniated disk at the same time and lead the league in scoring. Also got his hand broke by Adam Graves in the play-offs, missed only 5 games, but still won Conn Smythe. Battled injury after injury his whole career.
This. Cannot believe it took this long to mention Mario.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
This is why habs fans shouldn't make habs player threads demonstrating their qualities...the other 29 teams turn it into a bash thread. Same goes with the Oilers, Canucks and Leafs...take note guys, we're all hated so prepare to be trolled if you make a thread lol

02-02-2013, 11:41 PM
MadLuke

RDS.ca saying that it could play this sunday

Old
02-03-2013, 12:05 AM
ginovegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
He's still supposed to miss another 2-3 weeks though?
he may be in the lineup tommorrow
if not next game at the latest

Old
02-03-2013, 12:21 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Amazing that two "fans" would think that acceptable, let alone funny. Couple of retards.
Sorry, but they are Habs fans- without the quotations- just as those who spewed racist bile against Ward were Bruins fans and many of those who rioted in Vancouver were Canucks fans, and so on and so forth.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

you make a brag thread about one of your favorite players who's been bitten by the injury bug throughout most of his career stating your surprise with how "well" he recovers and you're surprised when people don't take your thread seriously.

there's a reason the players mentioned in this thread are professionals, and part of that is their tolerance to pain (especially in a collision sport like hockey). sure, compared to average Joes like you and me, they're tough people. most of the injuries mentioned in here, though, are part of the territory in hockey, unfortunately.

what was the real purpose of this thread: to sincerely learn about tough injuries that hockey players play through, or to brag about your injury-prone star?

Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 AM
jebs

OP says Pacioretty is back in 6 day from appendectomy... uhh what? He hasnt recovered yet. Skating and playing games are 2 different things.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Devonator

I am not at all a Habs fan but you do have to admire the toughness of Max....after that Chara hit, some were saying he would never play again...comes back and looks brilliant...gets his appendix out and they are already talking about him being back in the line up soon....

Good ole tough Cana.......oopsss.....with apologies to Don Cherry....good old tough Yank kid!

Old
02-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
OP says Pacioretty is back in 6 day from appendectomy... uhh what? He hasnt recovered yet. Skating and playing games are 2 different things.
True, but coach Therrien already said during the presser after the game yesterday that Max could be in for this afternoon's game against Ottawa. That would be an 8-day layoff for a procedure that usually keeps people away from normal activities for 4-6 weeks.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:01 AM
redwingsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 View Post
Carlo Colaiacovo has broken his everything at least 3 times and is still an active player.
The irony is he is actually not currently active....he is on IR

Old
02-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Jonathan Ericsson played in game 1 of the cup finals in 2009 after an emergency appendectomy 3 days before, he only missed a single game.

Of course, I can't think of any other particularly significant recoveries by him.

That same year Lidstrom returned 8 days after suffering a ruptured testicle and having surgery on it, he maybe could have returned sooner, but he tried practicing the next 2 days and didn't get his surgery till the second day.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

From a leafs point of view:

Sundin: Puck to the eyes twice? Pfft, nothing.

Lupul: Back injury is nothing more than a "flesh wound"

Colton Orr: I cured concussions by punching other people in the face

Now this one I am about to list has never been horribly injured like everyone else listed in the entire thread, but there has got to be a reason he keeps on going.

Phil Kessel: Gets run over by Chara, Erskins and every other person in the league, goes to the bench, eats oreo cookie and gets back onto the ice.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Paralyzer008

This made me think of Johnny Boychuk.

The guy basically has to go off of the ice every game for a blocked shot but he always returns.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Ceremony
the times she cried

vCash: 750
Here's John Mitchell's face after a game:

02-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
People don't seem to get the point of the thread.

The point isn't that Max Pacioretty gets injured like a manly man full of male manly manhood. It's just that he seems to recover very fast from the injuries that should keep him out a long time.

That's just like Patrick Roy for example: he had an appendicitis, had an operation, and if I remember correctly, played the next game in the playoffs (against the rangers?) and totally owned. It's not a question of being injury prone or anything, the OP's just saying he recovers fast!
Well, to appreciate the quickness of his recovery, we would have to see the quickness of recovery of other NHL players with the same injury for a comparison.

It probably wasn't your intention, but by saying "..Roy played the next game after having an appendectomy..", you kind of make it look like that Pacioretty's 6 days (claimed by the OP) isn't all that extraordinary..

Old
02-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
Pacioretty did not deserve to be injured by Chara.

But his actions before that show that he might be the dumbest player in the league.

Firstly, he shoves Big Z after scoring the winning OT goal. Then in the next game, he trash talks Z.

All I can say is that there are no other NHL players stupid enough to do this.

It would be like me taunting the biggest baddest guy in my neighbourhood repeatedly, then being shocked when he attacks me.

Good player, but a complete moron.
So you are insinuating it was intentional? In that case, Chara's more than just a "good player."

Disclaimer: I do not actually believe the above, but am making a point.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Habs Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
So you are insinuating it was intentional? In that case, Chara's more than just a "good player."

Disclaimer: I do not actually believe the above, but am making a point.
Good point.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
you make a brag thread about one of your favorite players who's been bitten by the injury bug throughout most of his career stating your surprise with how "well" he recovers and you're surprised when people don't take your thread seriously.

there's a reason the players mentioned in this thread are professionals, and part of that is their tolerance to pain (especially in a collision sport like hockey). sure, compared to average Joes like you and me, they're tough people. most of the injuries mentioned in here, though, are part of the territory in hockey, unfortunately.

what was the real purpose of this thread: to sincerely learn about tough injuries that hockey players play through, or to brag about your injury-prone star?
I'm very happy with the response dude...

I learned many impressive anecdotes in this thread, just finished reading this : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...s-time-of-year

Posts like yours though, I could live without.

Closed Thread