HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
  #251
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside
 
TheDoctor10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
This. Honestly, the Canucks should be happy to have two great goalies. No need to trade either of them. This offseason they will probably have to make a decision, but until then, they have two #1 goaltenders. They don't have to trade either.
They don't need to trade either, but they do need to come out and say which guy is number 1 and stick to that until the number 1 gives them reason to doubt him.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:36 PM
  #252
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor10 View Post
They don't need to trade either, but they do need to come out and say which guy is number 1 and stick to that until the number 1 gives them reason to doubt him.
coming out and saying who is #1 lowers the value of whoever is #2, also if they decide to play #2 more than a typical backup it creates controversy. They are handling the situation well

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:38 PM
  #253
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
That's because you insist on focusing on trading them after bad runs. Also Schneider has never played as a starter. This was supposed to be his year, but it's not working out that way.
?

I want to trade Luongo

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:42 PM
  #254
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Well let's be honest here for a minute. Schneider has been a back up goalie for his whole career up to this year. That is fact and not hf fiction. Could he be a starter? Very likely but up until now he hasn't been. Which makes him a back up as it stands.

As for Luongo. Canucks fans have been saying themselves that Schneider is the goalie of the future and that this year Luongo would be the back up. That was obviously the plan for this year but Luongo appears to have taken his starters job back. The thought of the Canucks carrying a decade long contract for what could have ended up becoming their back up goalie I'm sure is a terrifying thought. The Canucks appeared to have also lost confidence in big Lu thus starting him on the bench.

One more thing. Every team has a backup goalie. Regardless of how good they both may be one is always the back up.
If what you say is true then Luongo has never been a backup. Interesting that posters such as you weren't saying this in the Luongo thread.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
  #255
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!
 
BayStBullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: @BayStBullies
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
?

I want to trade Luongo
The problem is finding someone who wants a decade of Luongo; for the asking price equivalent to Lundqvist.

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
  #256
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,123
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
The problem is finding someone who wants a decade of Luongo; for the asking price equivalent to Lundqvist.


Lundqvist would command a price of Kessel++.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
  #257
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
If what you say is true then Luongo has never been a backup. Interesting that posters such as you weren't saying this in the Luongo thread.
Because I haven't once been in a Luongo thread. Luongo was the backup to start this season but promptly took his job back.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
  #258
Habitat
Registered User
 
Habitat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Because I haven't once been in a Luongo thread. Luongo was the backup to start this season but promptly took his job back.
He shouldn't have had to take his job back in the first place. He shouldn't be the one getting traded either.

Habitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
  #259
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 657
Wouldnt be much... As Nuck fans, ask yourselfs what you would give up for Reimer, Rask or Dubnyk and theres your answer. Hell Halak at a younger age after a glorious playoff run got nothing special so....

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
  #260
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamhuisHip View Post
There is nothing like using 'labels' to attach the desired connotations; in this case applying the traditional #1/Backup labels to diminish the perceived value. Why not use the 1A/1B labels? Couldn't that be a more accurate portrayal of the goalie situation VAN is faced with?
I'm sorry to offend but until he starts the majority of games in a season he is the back up. It's not a label I'm putting on him it's the reality of the situation. The Bruins had Thomas and Rask. Was and is Rask a starting goalie yes but he was Thomas' back up goalie with the exception of one year they gave him the reins. It's not an insult to Schneider saying he's the back up because it's the reality of the situation you guys have.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
  #261
Lundface
Registered User
 
Lundface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
The problem is finding someone who wants a decade of Luongo; for the asking price equivalent to Lundqvist.
Call NYR and ask them to trade Lundqvist for Bozak, Kadri and a 2nd.

You would need to take out Bozak add some very significant pieces. Hate to tell you ( since a lot of your fans seem to be living in bubbles, where you don't think of the other teams needs) but I don't think Reilly, Gardiner and Kadri would get it done. To get Lundqvist you'd have to trade Kessel and add on top

How many Luongo proposals had Kessel in them?

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  #262
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
He shouldn't have had to take his job back in the first place. He shouldn't be the one getting traded either.
If you guys are actually trying to move him your absolutely correct on that one. I'm sure this recent run has them rethinking things.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
  #263
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamhuisHip View Post
There is nothing like using 'labels' to attach the desired connotations; in this case applying the traditional #1/Backup labels to diminish the perceived value. Why not use the 1A/1B labels? Couldn't that be a more accurate portrayal of the goalie situation VAN is faced with?
i think its a bad comparison for vancouver fans. 1a/1b is usually two backups ala brian boucher and michael leighton. what the canucks have is a veteran excellent goaltender and a young guy who wants to/could be a starrter. he has a nice pedigree but he wont get a halak return and luongo would be of way more interest after vancouver bought him out. a trade is really only going to happen if vancouver cant decide the controversy in house. i think most teams are content to wait, the worse things get (and they seem to be fine btw) the better value there will be for the other team

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
  #264
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i think its a bad comparison for vancouver fans. 1a/1b is usually two backups ala brian boucher and michael leighton. what the canucks have is a veteran excellent goaltender and a young guy who wants to/could be a starrter. he has a nice pedigree but he wont get a halak return and luongo would be of way more interest after vancouver bought him out. a trade is really only going to happen if vancouver cant decide the controversy in house. i think most teams are content to wait, the worse things get (and they seem to be fine btw) the better value there will be for the other team

So much wrong in this post. Halak got what he got because he had drawbacks to his game despite putting up a great season. The biggest, his size. Schneider would get more than Varlamov, who got more than Halak. Easily.


Schneider was so good that he bumped Luongo from the starter's role last year. It's not just years old pedigree that has everyone high on him. He can flat out play.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:27 PM
  #265
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Wouldnt be much... As Nuck fans, ask yourselfs what you would give up for Reimer, Rask or Dubnyk and theres your answer. Hell Halak at a younger age after a glorious playoff run got nothing special so....
Rask is the only real comparable....someone both young and able to duel one of the best goalies in the league for a starting position.

Plus we have 1 too many starters already. So...we'd give much, much less then even someone one starter.

Having seen Rask in action, if we needed a goalie, well I personally would surrender quite a bit.

As for Halak, everyone still calls that a comparable, but it's not. Montreal couldn't afford both at the time he was traded, and both goalies were roughly the same age and Halak was unsigned.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:31 PM
  #266
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,931
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
The problem is finding someone who wants a decade of Luongo; for the asking price equivalent to Lundqvist.
We had that thread once. Ranger fans were demanding Hall++ from Edmonton. Good try though.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:33 AM
  #267
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,710
vCash: 50
For Schneiderman, I want a Top 4 Defenceman or a Top 6 Forward + Backup Goalie + Prospect/Pick.

If you can't supply a backup goalie, that's fine.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:37 AM
  #268
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
The problem is finding someone who wants a decade of Luongo; for the asking price equivalent to Lundqvist.
If you think that Lundqvist could be acquired for any of these offers in this thread then....

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:19 AM
  #269
leeroggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
How about something like this:

Schneider to the Isles

for

Josh Bailey
Anders Nilsson
Scott Mayfield

You get a second/third line winger that fits right in to your lineup, an excellent goalie prospect and one of our top defense prospects with size and snarl (right now he is at Denver University).

Does this package fit?

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
  #270
NoShowWilly
Registered User
 
NoShowWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Delta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
How about something like this:

Schneider to the Isles

for

Josh Bailey
Anders Nilsson
Scott Mayfield

You get a second/third line winger that fits right in to your lineup, an excellent goalie prospect and one of our top defense prospects with size and snarl (right now he is at Denver University).

Does this package fit?
why would the islanders need another goalie?

NoShowWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:38 AM
  #271
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
How about something like this:

Schneider to the Isles

for

Josh Bailey
Anders Nilsson
Scott Mayfield

You get a second/third line winger that fits right in to your lineup, an excellent goalie prospect and one of our top defense prospects with size and snarl (right now he is at Denver University).

Does this package fit?
No.

Don't need G or D prospects unless you're talking about Reinhart, and we have to many 2nd/3rd line tweeners as it is.

Also the value is garbage.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
  #272
leeroggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
No.

Don't need G or D prospects unless you're talking about Reinhart, and we have to many 2nd/3rd line tweeners as it is.

Also the value is garbage.
I was responding to this from a Canucks fan:

"For Schneiderman, I want a Top 4 Defenceman or a Top 6 Forward + Backup Goalie + Prospect/Pick.

If you can't supply a backup goalie, that's fine."

To say this package is garbage suggests you know nothing about the Isles pipeline.

In Bailey's last 20 games of last season he put up 18 points (7G, 11A), hardly garbage.

Nilssons's AHL stats were .921 save% and 2.42 GAA. Hardly garbage.

Mayfield at Denver this year:

Mayfield, Scott D 6'4 203 10/14/92
Denver (WCHA) 25 2 10 12 68

Hardly garbage. The type of stay at home, physical D-man you guys have been crying for, playing at a top NCAA program.

If you think the fit is bad, fine. But calling this offer garbage?? WAY out of line.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:13 AM
  #273
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
I was responding to this from a Canucks fan:

"For Schneiderman, I want a Top 4 Defenceman or a Top 6 Forward + Backup Goalie + Prospect/Pick.

If you can't supply a backup goalie, that's fine."

To say this package is garbage suggests you know nothing about the Isles pipeline.

In Bailey's last 20 games of last season he put up 18 points (7G, 11A), hardly garbage.

Nilssons's AHL stats were .921 save% and 2.42 GAA. Hardly garbage.

Mayfield at Denver this year:

Mayfield, Scott D 6'4 203 10/14/92
Denver (WCHA) 25 2 10 12 68

Hardly garbage. The type of stay at home, physical D-man you guys have been crying for, playing at a top NCAA program.

If you think the fit is bad, fine. But calling this offer garbage?? WAY out of line.
Games that meant NOTHING.

We've seen this lots over the years, team has nothing to play for....thus marginal players load up on stats.

Bailey isn't a top 6 forward in New York, he most certainly wouldn't be in Vancouver.

Just a poor package all around IMO, not one player or piece you could hang your hat on.

*people need to understand that for Vancouver to make a trade that significantly deteriorates their one HUGE advantage over other teams there has to be something that really makes a difference, none of the guys in this offer do that.

You're not offering a 'real' top 6 player, a 'real' top prospect, or a 'real' NHL backup....just looks like a pile of seconds from the Sally-Anne to be honest.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
  #274
leeroggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Games that meant NOTHING.
Well, if we are only counting games that mean something, since the last 20 games of an NHL season mean nothing when playing against the Pens, Devils, Rangers and Flyers in our division obviously didn't mean anything to them either, how about you trade Luongo for future considerations since he failed pretty badly WHEN IT COUNTED last season, didn't he?

Gotta love fans who seem to have to put down other team's players. Particularly from those teams that KEEP FALLING SHORT when it counts . . .

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM
  #275
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Well, if we are only counting games that mean something, since the last 20 games of an NHL season mean nothing when playing against the Pens, Devils, Rangers and Flyers in our division obviously didn't mean anything to them either, how about you trade Luongo for future considerations since he failed pretty badly WHEN IT COUNTED last season, didn't he?

Gotta love fans who seem to have to put down other team's players. Particularly from those teams that KEEP FALLING SHORT when it counts . . .
I'm not putting anybody down (unlike whatever you're trying to do in your last sentence).

The games had NOTHING on the line for the Isles, they weren't playing for a playoff spot, or playoff seeding, they were just playing out the year.

We see it EVERY year.

Josh Bailey is not a top 6 forward in the NHL on a team picking in the lottery (one that has been in line for a lottery pick every year but one since the last lockout).

I'm not trying to put anybody's team down, that is reality.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.