HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks - Sharks = Hawks Win 5-3

Old
02-06-2013, 12:17 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Hawks - Sharks = Hawks Win 5-3

Continue here

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:17 AM
RomersWorld*

Kane now on pace(over 82 games) for 49 goals, 74 assists, 123 points.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:18 AM
abt424

Great win. And great road trip so far. Couldn't ask for a better road trip.

abt424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:19 AM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

Hawks with 18 of 20 points and still unbeaten. I'm going out for fish and chips tonight to celebrate.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:19 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Great win. Nice to see Saad finally score, too.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:20 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Brandon Saad wins the belt. #Boom

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Good win

Nice to see all four lines chip in offensively. That goal by Shaw via Bickell was huge, gave us the momentum back after giving it to San Jose seconds earlier.

Crawford was solid the last two periods.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:21 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Great teams can fight back like that and win. Awesome to see.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:23 AM
HISTORYBLAST

Very happy about the win, but Brookbank had me tearing my hair out....
He'll for sure sit Thursday and that greasy bolshevik Roszival will get another chance

HISTORYBLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Kane now on pace(over 82 games) for 49 goals, 74 assists, 123 points.
3rd in points.
7th in goals.
7th in assists.

Really playing some great hockey right now. Consistent.

Last edited by Hawks82: 02-06-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Cullksinikers

Can't get over how quickly the Hawks respond to adversity. Saad scored quickly after Crow whiffed on the Wingels shot. After Zus got a cheap one on him, Shaw pots one eight seconds later. There is no way to teach this stuff. The best teams in any sport find ways to win and will their way to victory. This team did that in the Tank tonight.

Sick start to this year with an epic home stretch on the horizon.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HISTORYBLAST View Post
Very happy about the win, but Brookbank had me tearing my hair out....
He'll for sure sit Thursday and that greasy bolshevik Roszival will get another chance

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
puterwiz53

The officiating was terrible tonight. Bad calls on both teams. Bad call on Desjardins and 2 bad calls on Leddy. On Mayers hit the ref didn't even stop the play right away. The whistle should have been blown instantly after the hit if they saw it as a head shot.

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 AM
BronYrAur

Was a good hockey game. Certainly the Desjardins match penalty was a turning point.

Pretty even game and Hawks are winning those lately...won't always go their way. Let's enjoy it while it lasts and keep that in mind when they lose these close ones.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:32 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Let us also keep in mind that alot of these close games are against good teams, in their barns. For Chicago to get off to this kind of start, mostly on the road.. it bodes well.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Heyoooo*

8-0-2 through the first 10 and only two games played at home so far?

That is huge. Should be even better on the homestand.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:44 AM
zytz
lumberjack

It's a shame this win will be cheapened by all the crying.

Other teams will eventually need to accept the truth: we are undisputably better

For serious though I just hope the Hawks play to their potential. If they do that I think the good things keep coming

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:57 AM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

Have to give Crawford respect for settling down after a bad first 10 or so minutes and then playing solid hockey to give his team a chance to win. That was easily his worst game this season (based only on the first period) and he still did what he needed to do to win. Can't ask for better than that.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Just got home. Worth being a fan and not an employee every time the Hawks come.

Finally Saad got one beyond deserved. Getting to see him play in person I developed a man crush on him. This kid is a great talent, had some of everything, decent speed, good hands, good vision, good two-way player, got some PK time tonight, should get some PP time soon, willing to go to the dirty areas, and best of all a hockey sense you can't teach. This kid is almost always at the exact right place he should be, playing along side of Toews and Hossa who both have it too, this is one of the smartest lines in all of hockey and maybe the best line on both ends of the ice in the NHL.

Crawford gave up a few softies and I was actually for pulling him after the 3rd goal on 6 shots but he bounced back really well and played well the last 50 min of the game.

Hammer is maybe the best D-man the Hawks have, he is reading everything almost perfectly, pinching when he should, going back when he shouldn't pinch, in almost every passing and shooting lane, his stick is so active and so well placed he is knocking the puck off almost everyone near him and is back to being more physical and gritty then in the past.

Kruger is really impressing me, no he isn't the most talented players but he has a heart and drive that every team needs. He is always working hard, going to the dirty areas, playing on both ends and he was rewarded nicely for his work with a goal.

After the 2nd goal for the Sharks I was worried but loved the bounce back, the Bickell, Shaw goal was so great, the Sharks eyes where still lit up, most of the fans still hadn't sat down and BOOM! the place goes silent and was a huge boost for the team. That line actually had a good game overall, Bickell had a few nice plays as did Shaw.

On to the obvious guys. Kaner is amazing this year, he has matured so much, he is in the game from the start, he is working hard on his own end and making a good play on defense 2-3 times a game and is playing with a fire we haven't seen.

Toews is a god. This guy is the best player in the NHL if you count everything. He can get you 80-100 points a year, he will be one of your best players in your own end, he will win almost every FO he is out there for, he will work harder then anyone on the team, he will lead by example and with his words. I wouldn't trade him for any player in the league or set of players. The Penguins could offer Crosby and Malkin and I wouldn't probably still say no. Yes it's ridiculous and I am showing my obvious homerism but I love me some Toews.

Overall a great win, showed some heart and skill, I don't want Keith out for 15 min a game but I love him coming to his teammates aid, yes the hit wasn't dirty but it looked bad and Keith did what he thought he should. Crawford showed me something. I wanted to see how he would bounce back when he had a bad goal or two against. Last year he melts down, gives up 4-5 and gets pulled. He can't give up soft goals like that but loved how he bounced back, made some key saves and helped win that game.

A great win, a great start and a great show me game. Outplayed the 2nd best team in the NHL and now 3pts ahead of the Sharks and well in 1st place.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Penosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
The officiating was terrible tonight. Bad calls on both teams. Bad call on Desjardins and 2 bad calls on Leddy. On Mayers hit the ref didn't even stop the play right away. The whistle should have been blown instantly after the hit if they saw it as a head shot.
I think the linesman made the call.

Side note:
Saad gets the belt for finally scoring but Bickell was 1st star tonight in my book. Maybe the 1st time ever.

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:30 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Just got home. Worth being a fan and not an employee every time the Hawks come.

Finally Saad got one beyond deserved. Getting to see him play in person I developed a man crush on him. This kid is a great talent, had some of everything, decent speed, good hands, good vision, good two-way player, got some PK time tonight, should get some PP time soon, willing to go to the dirty areas, and best of all a hockey sense you can't teach. This kid is almost always at the exact right place he should be, playing along side of Toews and Hossa who both have it too, this is one of the smartest lines in all of hockey and maybe the best line on both ends of the ice in the NHL.

Crawford gave up a few softies and I was actually for pulling him after the 3rd goal on 6 shots but he bounced back really well and played well the last 50 min of the game.

Hammer is maybe the best D-man the Hawks have, he is reading everything almost perfectly, pinching when he should, going back when he shouldn't pinch, in almost every passing and shooting lane, his stick is so active and so well placed he is knocking the puck off almost everyone near him and is back to being more physical and gritty then in the past.

Kruger is really impressing me, no he isn't the most talented players but he has a heart and drive that every team needs. He is always working hard, going to the dirty areas, playing on both ends and he was rewarded nicely for his work with a goal.

After the 2nd goal for the Sharks I was worried but loved the bounce back, the Bickell, Shaw goal was so great, the Sharks eyes where still lit up, most of the fans still hadn't sat down and BOOM! the place goes silent and was a huge boost for the team. That line actually had a good game overall, Bickell had a few nice plays as did Shaw.

On to the obvious guys. Kaner is amazing this year, he has matured so much, he is in the game from the start, he is working hard on his own end and making a good play on defense 2-3 times a game and is playing with a fire we haven't seen.

<b>Toews is a god. This guy is the best player in the NHL if you count everything. He can get you 80-100 points a year, he will be one of your best players in your own end, he will win almost every FO he is out there for, he will work harder then anyone on the team, he will lead by example and with his words. I wouldn't trade him for any player in the league or set of players. The Penguins could offer Crosby and Malkin and I wouldn't probably still say no. Yes it's ridiculous and I am showing my obvious homerism but I love me some Toews.</b>

Overall a great win, showed some heart and skill, I don't want Keith out for 15 min a game but I love him coming to his teammates aid, yes the hit wasn't dirty but it looked bad and Keith did what he thought he should. Crawford showed me something. I wanted to see how he would bounce back when he had a bad goal or two against. Last year he melts down, gives up 4-5 and gets pulled. He can't give up soft goals like that but loved how he bounced back, made some key saves and helped win that game.

A great win, a great start and a great show me game. Outplayed the 2nd best team in the NHL and now 3pts ahead of the Sharks and well in 1st place.
No, stop overrating him please.

He is good but not even close to the best, hell he is probably borderline top 5 center... and no he can not get you 80-100 points a year he can't even get you a PPG.

and I love Toews, but please.. stop it.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post

He is good but not even close to the best, hell he is probably borderline top 5 center... and no he can not get you 80-100 points a year he can't even get you a PPG.

Ok 9 pts in 10 games while centering Carcillo and a rookie. Put Kane and Hossa on his wing and he's a 100 point scorer or if he just left his own zone and became some cherry picker out for himself. But he isn't he knows with Hossa, Kane, Sharp, he doesn't need to get 100 points a year to help this team win, which his is only goal. He doesn't care about his stats or how he is viewed, he doesn't complain when he has some grinder on his wing and not some top player, he does what he needs to do to win games, PERIOD!

And again, it so much more then points, one of the best FO men in the league, one of the best two way players in the league, great on the PP, PK, out works just about everyone in every game and is a leader on and off the ice, and comes through when it matters most, as clutch a guy as their is in the NHL. Watch the goal against Vancouver in the 2011 play-offs and then list how many other players have the skill and heart to make that play, that list is about 4-5 deep if that.

It's everything he brings, most of which can't be viewed on a stat sheet. Sure he won't lead the league in pts, but beyond Crosby there isn't a better C in the NHL when counting in everything.

Last edited by Sir Psycho T: 02-06-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 03:12 AM
DoomsdayVillain
US NAVY CREW***

Was at the game, almost got in a fight with some drunk SJ fans

DoomsdayVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Saw people talking about the hit, I was 8 rows up in the corner and had a great view and in the moment it looked bad. Sure after the multiple angle, super slow mo, people can saw it was a bad call but refs have to make call based on real time 1 angle view and from that it looked bad. I give refs passes on calls that are that close to make, when it's an obvious call it's one thing but those bang bang calls that people can't make until the replay, you can't attack refs for.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I liked this game. We've proven again that we have a good good team. It really looks like they realized they had a good team and have thrown away 2 chances to win the cup. Now they are pissed that they have done that and want to win.

About the Mayers hit:
No Elbow, not jumped, primary contact was to the shoulder
Mayers never saw him and never had the puck. It was blindside and interference. Calling this was right. I don't think 5+game was not right. 2 for interference would have been the right call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post

somehow, I agree with SPT. Toews is that good and still so young. I wouldn't trade him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth
What time is it there?
at that time it was 6:30AM in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPT
His goal was all about hockey IQ, anticipation and effort. You can see that he always thought about what could happen next and took the chance. He took a stupid penalty at the end that he really could have avoided

EDIT: can a mod just re-open the predictions thread? No reason to ever close it.

Last edited by Bubba88: 02-06-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote