HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Teemu Selanne (merged)

Old
02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
quackquackquack

vCash: 500
I love the excuses pouring in from people...The Wild didn't come to play? I guess everyone the Ducks have played this year has had an off game except Vancouver on Opening Night in Anaheim.

quackquackquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackquackquack View Post
I love the excuses pouring in from people...The Wild didn't come to play? I guess everyone the Ducks have played this year has had an off game except Vancouver on Opening Night in Anaheim.
I don't think you really perceive things the right way. One Wild fan expressed his disappointment with the team's performance that night (which he probably shared with any non-Ducks fan watching the game, at least), and commended Teemu on taking advantage. There's no "excuses", let alone "pouring in from people". There's certainly no "us against the world" when it comes to Teemu. He recently was voted the board's favourite player, and the overwhelming reactions to his name come up in the form of love and respect.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I dont view Kariyas stats that season as very strange considering how he had slown down even before that, and then after the lockout did'nt really dominate Kariya-style even with the "new" rules incorporated. I mean, 36 in 51 in 2003/04 was'nt THAT bad.
You're right but Jussi's and Ivan's comments below "light the lamp" in my mind. It was Tony effing Granato...

RorschachWJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:03 PM
AngelDuck

He's lost a step this year (Speed wise), but at this point in his career he might be one of the smartest players in the league. He's made himself into an incredible playmaker after coming into the league as a great goal scorer. Won't be surprised at all if he puts up 48 points in 48 games.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:18 PM
NYRantLftyC19

With age comes experience.... with experience comes wisdom... and that's what Selanne has in relation to hockey. Even losing a step (at least twice in his career) he's basically one of the smartest and experienced players in the league at this point. The Ducks fans should feel lucky to have him, and the rest of fans should feel fortunate to be able to see this player

NYRantLftyC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:10 AM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRantLftyC19 View Post
With age comes experience.... with experience comes wisdom... and that's what Selanne has in relation to hockey. Even losing a step (at least twice in his career) he's basically one of the smartest and experienced players in the league at this point. The Ducks fans should feel lucky to have him, and the rest of fans should feel fortunate to be able to see this player

I have felt fortunate the last 7 years.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:48 AM
edd1e

Really the only superstar from Finland. Always was thrilled to see him play in Olympics and WC.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:44 AM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

Darn them Fins!

moolah3i4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
He's lost a step this year (Speed wise), but at this point in his career he might be one of the smartest players in the league. He's made himself into an incredible playmaker after coming into the league as a great goal scorer. Won't be surprised at all if he puts up 48 points in 48 games.
He said after the first game that his legs aren't quite ready yet and that it should take a few weeks before they get going properly.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Tripod

Good for Teemu!! He has been great for the game. Funny how a 42 year old Teemu and a 40 year old Lidstrom can be top players in the league(last year), yet people say that a prime aged Wayne Gretzky would not be the best player in the league.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:21 AM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

vCash: 69
750th assist for him. 750 points is considered a great career.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Ted Brautigan

Somehow i hope that he will retire after this year. When he is still in ppgame mood. Dont want see him struggling.

Ted Brautigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

If he plays at least one more full season he's got a shot at 700/800/1500.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Thesensation19

This guy is showing everyone that if you do what you have to do then you can do anything.

Jagr too...

Eat right, drink right. Watch what you put into your body. Im not saying never have a cookie or a beer. But I am sure they are not doing this every night. Stretch daily and more naps are necessary at his age. You wont believe how much more energy you have if you watch what comes into your body and work out on a regular basis

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
This guy is showing everyone that if you do what you have to do then you can do anything.

Jagr too...

Eat right, drink right. Watch what you put into your body. Im not saying never have a cookie or a beer. But I am sure they are not doing this every night. Stretch daily and more naps are necessary at his age. You wont believe how much more energy you have if you watch what comes into your body and work out on a regular basis
Teemu said that he cant even play Tennis anymore. Maybe after this season its good time to retire. Before physics will end it.
Well, next year is Olympic year, so lets see, maybe one more year

Old
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post

Jagr too...

There was a episode on one Finnish food-related TV-show called Hansin Matkassa, where the chef Hans went to spend few days with Selanne.

Duck have a tradition that on practise days each member of team had lunch delivered to the dressing room. The cycle goes around so everybody does it once in a while. That particular day that was shown on tv, it was Lydman's turn to buy supper. He had some soup and sandwiches delivered to the dressing room. There was some greasy/meat/cheese/mayonnese sandwiches and some healthier ones which had like salad and whole wheat thing going on. Selanne took half of the greasy sandwich and half of the healthier one. Then he said that very rare people actually now how much harded it is to stay in shape after turning 40. As a younger guy he just ate what he wanted but nowdays he is watching it very carefully.

One of the most incredible things these old timers do is that they are in a comparable shape with bunch of 20-25 year old world class athletes. Not an easy thing to do.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
rfournier103

He should play his last year (whenever that is!) in Winnipeg. Just to link the past to the present.

rfournier103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfournier103 View Post
He should play his last year (whenever that is!) in Winnipeg. Just to link the past to the present.
That will be so lame. Score about 20 points and retire as a Jet. No, he will be retire as a Duck. Thats for sure.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
rfournier103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brautigan View Post
That will be so lame. Score about 20 points and retire as a Jet. No, he will be retire as a Duck. Thats for sure.
I don't think it would be lame at all. Of course, it's not up to us... Funny that we both used our 109th post to comment on this.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:18 PM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 131
Quote:
I don't think it would be lame at all. Of course, it's not up to us... Funny that we both used our 109th post to comment on this.
I saw the same. Pretty weird that it was nuber 109 for both.

I think Selanne and fans (excluding Jet fans) would want him to go anywhere from Ducks. Selanne is a Duck first and foremost.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
That must be some kind of omen Teemu will win Stanley and retire after that. But of course, as a Duck

Old
02-08-2013, 12:29 PM
rfournier103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brautigan View Post
That must be some kind of omen Teemu will win Stanley and retire after that. But of course, as a Duck
A quick glance of your profile revealed you're a Ducks fan. That explains alot. You're lucky to have Selanne, even at his age. I'd feel the same way if he were a Bruin.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
A quick glance of your profile revealed you're a Ducks fan. That explains alot. You're lucky to have Selanne, even at his age. I'd feel the same way if he were a Bruin.
Yeah, been A Ducks fan since Teemu came. And after he retires, still a Ducks fan. You had your Bourque and Orr etc. in Boston, we only have Teemu Number one club legend.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Le CH

He's a cyborg... goal + 2 assists tonight

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
AngelDuck

Unreal. He's made himself into such an amazing playmaker.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote