HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey perry at trade deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 03:49 PM
  #76
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
Actually it was :

Bergfors + Oduya + Cormier + 1st + 2nd

for

Kovalchuk + Salmela + 2nd

... just sayin' !


But yeah, it could be something similar.
Salmela?

Isn't that the Baseball player for the Reds?

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:49 PM
  #77
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
You do realize when Ana trades him, Perry loses a valuable commodity and thats the 8th year on the contract option, if he returns to Ana.

That eighth year puts him around the age of 35/36, an extra 5m at that stage of ones career should never be over looked.
Agreed. Just saying it's an option. He has never really indicated any dissatisfaction in ANA so I'm just speculating he may want to establish his market value and negotiate from there.

And actually, in 7 years a 35 year old still performing well may easily get $5M on the open market. Who knows.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  #78
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
First of all I truly hope we just sign Perry and end all of this speculation. Bit if he becomes available here's how I see it.

His value as a rental is probably a 1st, a top prospect, and possibly (or not) a warm serviceable NHL body. But obviously it will depend on who is involved in the bidding war. All contending teams will have a presumably lower 1st round pick to offer. So potentially it may hinge on how many and what kind of prospects are made available. A team that thinks Corey Perry can help them win the Cup as well as thinks they have a good shot at re-signing him (now being able to offer 8 years instead of 7) may be willing to pay up more than for a usual rental. Also, the Ducks will be looking for quality over quantity.

So, ultimately, I think there is a very good chance that if he goes in a deal, it may well be for more than the perceived value of a rental. Remember, this is the first trade deadline under the new CBA where teams can now offer their own ufas longer deals. That could have a bearing.
This just sounds like a fan of Perry .. your going to need to sign and trade to get quality bud

bidding war sure .. but there not going to wreck there team to get him

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
  #79
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Yes but , there is now also the issue that the 17th seed 1rst could end up being #1 in the draft.

That could knock out some of the Tweener teams from offering that up.
Technically yes, but that still means a team that misses the playoffs. I'm thinking it would not be a marginal team as much as a potential powerhouse. I also don't think the odds of the 17th seed winning the lottery are much better than they ever have been. It will still be heavily weighted to the worst teams.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:58 PM
  #80
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
This just sounds like a fan of Perry .. your going to need to sign and trade to get quality bud

bidding war sure .. but there not going to wreck there team to get him
A first round pick and a top prospect is quality. Bottom six grinders aren't. He will easily fetch a 1st and a solid prospect. Anything else would just be gravy.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:10 PM
  #81
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
What would you be expecting from St. Louis? Maybe Stewart + Rattie? Stewarts an RFA at the end of the year but I don't think you should expect a proven roster player for just a couple months of Perry.
I disagree about not getting a proven roster player. If the Ducks are in playoff race, they need proven players more than prospects, so if they don't get an offer including proven talent, they should just keep Perry and try to go as far as they can in playoffs.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:18 PM
  #82
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I disagree about not getting a proven roster player. If the Ducks are in playoff race, they need proven players more than prospects, so if they don't get an offer including proven talent, they should just keep Perry and try to go as far as they can in playoffs.
Sure, but teams who think they can win the Cup won't give up key players to acquire another one. That's why the best value (at the deadline) will be picks/prospects.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:15 PM
  #83
TonyRockyHorror
Registered User
 
TonyRockyHorror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
I truly think The Habs are one gamebreaker away from being a strong contender. I would give up Tinordi + 1st + lower draft pick.

TonyRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:33 PM
  #84
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRockyHorror View Post
I truly think The Habs are one gamebreaker away from being a strong contender. I would give up Tinordi + 1st + lower draft pick.
I think that is very fair offer

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:41 AM
  #85
lukeleim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Kessel for Perry.

Or

Liles, Colborne, Ashton and 1st round pick in 2014 for Perry.

lukeleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:29 AM
  #86
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Brown, 2nd, Toffoli and Muzzin. I believe that's a fair trade.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:09 AM
  #87
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Sure, but teams who think they can win the Cup won't give up key players to acquire another one. That's why the best value (at the deadline) will be picks/prospects.
I'm not talking about getting a star player for him, just someone who could take some of Perry's workload right away, not in few years. The other team would be upgrading their wing with Perry. If the Ducks are out of the playoffs, then I would be ok with trading him for prospects.

I also have some doubts about Murray trading him. Look what happened with Schultz, he kept believing that if he tried hard enough, he could get Schultz signed. I have some similiar thoughts, if the Ducks are looking strong near the deadline, why not keep Perry and go as far in playoffs to convince him to stay? He would be more useful in playoffs than picks/prospects/random players. And the goal is to win the cup right?

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:32 PM
  #88
Dirtysweet
Registered User
 
Dirtysweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Craig Anderson++ for Corey Perry?

(It was mentioned on another site....)

Dirtysweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:37 PM
  #89
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,196
vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysweet View Post
Craig Anderson++ for Corey Perry?

(It was mentioned on another site....)
If any goalie is to be traded for Corey Perry, it definitely won't be Anderson....

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
  #90
HockeyPrince23
Registered User
 
HockeyPrince23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Col:

Ryan O'Reilly
David Jones (can retain some of his salary)
Colin Smith
2nd Round Pick

Anaheim:

Corey Perry

HockeyPrince23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  #91
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I'm not talking about getting a star player for him, just someone who could take some of Perry's workload right away, not in few years. The other team would be upgrading their wing with Perry. If the Ducks are out of the playoffs, then I would be ok with trading him for prospects.

I also have some doubts about Murray trading him. Look what happened with Schultz, he kept believing that if he tried hard enough, he could get Schultz signed. I have some similiar thoughts, if the Ducks are looking strong near the deadline, why not keep Perry and go as far in playoffs to convince him to stay? He would be more useful in playoffs than picks/prospects/random players. And the goal is to win the cup right?
I hear you and I agree the goal is to win the Cup asap. I just feel you won't get any kind of quality roster player back in that situation. I hate waiting for kids and picks to pan out but I believe they would hold the best potential value. Now if Perry were already signed and just wanted out I would hold firm in getting NHL quality player(s) back. But that isn't the case here.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
  #92
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysweet View Post
Craig Anderson++ for Corey Perry?

(It was mentioned on another site....)
Why the hell would the Ducks do that? The site was probably a Sens fan site....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If any goalie is to be traded for Corey Perry, it definitely won't be Anderson....
It wont be any goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPrince23 View Post
Col:

Ryan O'Reilly
David Jones (can retain some of his salary)
Colin Smith
2nd Round Pick

Anaheim:

Corey Perry
Take out Jones unless you can retain salary his whole contract. He is negative value at 4 mil.

Other then that, yes.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
  #93
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,196
vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
It wont be any goalie.
I know. I said "if" though.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
  #94
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRockyHorror View Post
I truly think The Habs are one gamebreaker away from being a strong contender. I would give up Tinordi + 1st + lower draft pick.
Arrrgghhhh!!!! I HATE you!

Sigh...and I agree with you 100%...lol. That is why I hate you. It would take an offer like that. If we won the Cup and lost Perry to free agency, it would still be worth it. If we lost the Cup, but Perry resigned with us, it would be worth it. If we lost the Cup and lost Perry to free agency, I would become a serial homicidal maniac!!! Lol.

Good offer. What do Ducks fans think, though?

Whoops! Never mind, just saw the Avalanche offer. They win!


Last edited by Drydenwasthebest: 02-04-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Lost the bidding war!
Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
  #95
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
1st, 2nd, player, prospect

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  #96
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Arrrgghhhh!!!! I HATE you!

Sigh...and I agree with you 100%...lol. That is why I hate you. It would take an offer like that. If we won the Cup and lost Perry to free agency, it would still be worth it. If we lost the Cup, but Perry resigned with us, it would be worth it. If we lost the Cup and lost Perry to free agency, I would become a serial homicidal maniac!!! Lol.

Good offer. What do Ducks fans think, though?

Whoops! Never mind, just saw the Avalanche offer. They win!
I think tinordi would be a perfect fit for our defense core, 2-3 years down the line(fowler, tinordi, Sbisa, Lindholm, vatanan).

The first is nice. Gives us 2 shots in the draft to get a 2c/lw/replacement type player for perry.

Whats your idea of lower draft pick, and could it be changed to prospect? I think if we do end up trading perry, we should put in a conditonal + if he resigns also.

I actually like this more then the aves one if we add a conditonal pick, and the pick can become a prospect of some sort. Chances are teams that are going to offer up for perry will be contenders, im not convinced colorado will be buyers come that time.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
  #97
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,461
vCash: 500
I'd offer Gaunce, 1st, 3rd

Schroeder could be had instead of Gaunce...

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:08 PM
  #98
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Gagner, Hemsky, Teubert, this years 2nd, next years 1st. Then sign getzlaf ufa, July 1.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:38 AM
  #99
ALI
Registered User
 
ALI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Giordano, Glencross, Nemisz, for Perry and Sbisa

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
  #100
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I think tinordi would be a perfect fit for our defense core, 2-3 years down the line(fowler, tinordi, Sbisa, Lindholm, vatanan).

The first is nice. Gives us 2 shots in the draft to get a 2c/lw/replacement type player for perry.

Whats your idea of lower draft pick, and could it be changed to prospect? I think if we do end up trading perry, we should put in a conditonal + if he resigns also.

I actually like this more then the aves one if we add a conditonal pick, and the pick can become a prospect of some sort. Chances are teams that are going to offer up for perry will be contenders, im not convinced colorado will be buyers come that time.
Well, if the Habs are still in the bidding:

Tinordi, 2013 1st, Leblanc (or lower pick), and a conditional 2nd if Perry resigns.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.