HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey perry at trade deadline

Old
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Has his behavior changed recently? He's always been pretty quiet and introverted publicly. So far, I wouldn't read anything into that unless I missed something.
From what I've heard he's been worse than usual. To the point where he was being straight up rude to a few fans.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Not knowing Anaheim's needs this is my proposal Zibanejad, Da Costa and a 2014 1st?
and maybe a conditional 2nd to Ottawa if Perry doesn't re-sign.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
From what I've heard he's been worse than usual. To the point where he was being straight up rude to a few fans.
I wonder if the pressure of the contract is getting to him. Whatever happens I think he would be better off avoiding any of the big markets. They would be ripping him a new one for the start he has had so far this year. I don't think he could take it.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
I wonder if the pressure of the contract is getting to him. Whatever happens I think he would be better off avoiding any of the big markets. They would be ripping him a new one for the start he has had so far this year. I don't think he could take it.
Pfft. Reach.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Pfft. Reach.
Well, if he leaves ANA I sure won't care.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Possibly, all I know is he has been giving me high fives while coming on and off the ice. He NEVER used to do that until this season.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Possibly, all I know is he has been giving me high fives while coming on and off the ice. He NEVER used to do that until this season.
High fives of goodbye?

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:49 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Similar to Kovy return, but would be slightly more IMO since Anaheim can retain cap space.
I don't think this is a signifcant factor at all. By the time the deadline rolls around, I don't think that cap space will be an issue, and the incoming team could make cap-space by other means rather than asking ANA to do so. So, nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Two lower-ish level roster players, a prospect, and a draft pick. I'm thinking Hossa like return.
Yes, I think that's fair, but I would add in a conditional pick in the event he re-signs. Also, considering the quality of this year's draft, getting a 1st for a rental could be too stiff if they're also giving up quality prospects, as opposed to the junk Pitts sent to ATL in the Hossa deal.

For example, from Pens: Olli Maatta + 2013 2nd round pick/Theodor Blueger + 2014 3rd round pick (which turns into a 1st rounder if they re-sign Perry). Perhaps the Ducks could get even more than that, or from any team, if they granted negotiating permission for an extension -- in which case, in the above examle, it becomes, say, Maatta + 1st 2013 + 2nd 2014/prospect + (?) for a signed Perry.

Do either of those last proposals sound about right?

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
High fives of goodbye?
I'm thinking he is mocking me. Like, "hey ****er, remember how I just started giving you high fives even though I've seen you at like every home game since I began my career? PEACE, I'm out!" THen he grins and runs counting his money. Weeks later, I see a picture of him Commodore style...and I cry.

Last edited by Sean Garrity: 02-06-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

vCash: 50
Don't know if this has been brought up, but what about a deal surrounding O'Reilly + for Perry. Obviously both teams would have to have a chance to discuss extensions before a deal takes place.

Ducks get their 2nd line center of the future and Avs get a top notch winger to go along with Landeskog.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:30 AM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Don't know if this has been brought up, but what about a deal surrounding O'Reilly + for Perry. Obviously both teams would have to have a chance to discuss extensions before a deal takes place.

Ducks get their 2nd line center of the future and Avs get a top notch winger to go along with Landeskog.
dont see why perry would ever leave anaheim to play in colorado. no offence but getzlaf is a better playmaker than anybody currently in colorado.

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I'm thinking he is mocking me. Like, "hey ****er, remember how I just started giving you high fives even though I've seen you at like every home game since I began my career? PEACE, I'm out!" THen he grins and runs counting his money. Weeks later, I see a picture of him Commodore style...and I cry.
All good we got don't time for bull ****. It's Etem time baby

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:55 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
All good we got don't time for bull ****. It's Etem time baby
Like I'm serious. Etem is nowhere near the player he can be yet and when he becomes that player he's not going to be Perry good. I really mean no offense but theres no way you can actually be this overzealous about a player. You keep pumping his tires like we don't have guys like Palmieri, Getlzaf, Selanne, Perry, Ryan, Winnik...etc out there who are far more established. I'm excited too, but you act like he'll be this team's saving grace and you name drop every chance you get. Just...hold your horses a bit.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-06-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: not needed
DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRockyHorror View Post
I truly think The Habs are one gamebreaker away from being a strong contender. I would give up Tinordi + 1st + lower draft pick.
I don't think we're anywhere close to anything.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:15 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Jensen/Gaunce(I'd prefer Gaunce), Booth, 1st.
No freakin way. Throw in Winnik and we'll talk...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:56 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

If he won't sign an extension Murray better trade him unless he's just playing at a ridiculous level at the TDL

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
No freakin way. Throw in Winnik and we'll talk...
Why would we throw in the 2 best players in the trade? winnik is goin places bro

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Not knowing Anaheim's needs this is my proposal Zibanejad, Da Costa and a 2014 1st?
Has any rental every brought a blue chip prospect back in return?

Faltorvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Agreed. Just saying it's an option. He has never really indicated any dissatisfaction in ANA so I'm just speculating he may want to establish his market value and negotiate from there.

And actually, in 7 years a 35 year old still performing well may easily get $5M on the open market. Who knows.
True enough ES, but would you honestly leave 5m on the table like that?

There is also the risk that at anytime during the contract life, if he has to go Pronger type ltir, and that last year is lost forever.

This is his retirement contract, the last meaningful one he will get in his career, you gotta believe, he and his agent will be shooting the moon on it.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
True enough ES, but would you honestly leave 5m on the table like that?

There is also the risk that at anytime during the contract life, if he has to go Pronger type ltir, and that last year is lost forever.

This is his retirement contract, the last meaningful one he will get in his career, you gotta believe, he and his agent will be shooting the moon on it.
That's a lot of money to you and me. But, to a guy who at that point in time will have made somewhere in excess of $75M it may not be such a big deal. I think if he were among the greediest he wold go for a 5 year deal and at age 32 do it again. You know at that age teams would still be lining up to pay him big bucks. There is always a risk with pro athletes that they could be one hit away from their career ending. But some of that can probably be insured against.

That said, I doubt seriously Perry would go the 5 year route. But not much surprises me any more when it comes to pro athletes and crazy contracts. I just get out the popcorn, sit back, and watch.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
That's a lot of money to you and me. But, to a guy who at that point in time will have made somewhere in excess of $75M it may not be such a big deal. I think if he were among the greediest he wold go for a 5 year deal and at age 32 do it again. You know at that age teams would still be lining up to pay him big bucks. There is always a risk with pro athletes that they could be one hit away from their career ending. But some of that can probably be insured against.

That said, I doubt seriously Perry would go the 5 year route. But not much surprises me any more when it comes to pro athletes and crazy contracts. I just get out the popcorn, sit back, and watch.
If anything has shown, top players are fine with mega long deals as long as the $ is there.

7,8 years at a average out of 8.5m cash is about what i see the twins getting.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post

Depends on the plus, but I think that is the one offer Ducks have seen that they like.

However, given the team's state wouldn't you be worried he'd bolt at end of season. I have a feeling if he doesn't sign w/ Anaheim he will most likely try the FA market.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
umwoz

Is it a win now package? Or just a value trade.

I could see Perry liking a hockey market like WPG, TOR, MTL being a Canadian boy and all. Although I suppose it doesn't matter what he wants.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

The Leafs offer the souls of their fans.

..whaddya mean we traded those already?

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Is it a win now package? Or just a value trade.

I could see Perry liking a hockey market like WPG, TOR, MTL being a Canadian boy and all. Although I suppose it doesn't matter what he wants.
The majority expect just the opposite. Perry is uncomfortable in front of the cameras in Anaheim, where the spotlight is minimal at best. I can't see Perry stepping in to a huge spotlight unless the money he is receiving is astronomically different.