HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Blackhawks @ Flames - Therapy For Glencross, STAT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
  #326
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Plus side we are now 29th in the league down side we ****ing lost in a game we dominated.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
  #327
wsoxfan1214
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Here's mood for you: I hope some you die of rectal cancer you stinky *******
Classy.

wsoxfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
  #328
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
They gave every thing they had. Respectfully, I don't know what game you were watching.
Im not talking about their game im talking about a specific moment, cmon man I know they gave it all they had.. We seem to be the only team that gives up leads with 10 seconds left in a period christ its been 2-3 times already, you're gona tell me Im delusional here?

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:12 AM
  #329
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,924
vCash: 133
Phew...still frustrated that we lost. Have to say though, the Flames played great they should give themselves a pat on the back and take this as a lesson as to how they should play. Kipper....sigh.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:14 AM
  #330
WhereIsIt
#gift
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Im not talking about their game im talking about a specific moment, cmon man I know they gave it all they had.. We seem to be the only team that gives up leads with 10 seconds left in a period christ its been 2-3 times already, you're gona tell me Im delusional here?
That's just how it goes sometimes, at the end of the day I gotta look at the whole game and the whole effort and say I'm not as pissed off about this one as some of you guys seem to be.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:15 AM
  #331
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,962
vCash: 500
Kipper is taking a break after all those years of hard work haha

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:17 AM
  #332
Nordberg
Registered User
 
Nordberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Landskrona
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Calgary has literally outplayed their opponents for 70% of this season yet sit with a 1-3-2 record. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Every glaring mistake we make ends up in the back of the net. We have no margin for error whatsoever.
It's just Flames hockey. There is no explanation to be had. Just accept it.

I have a hard time finding it in me to feel bad about this game apart from the obvious, immediate frustration. It was incredibly entertaining and I don't think anyone could ask much more from their team. I just wish we'd play like this more often, and we'd be contending for the President's instead of MacKinnon.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:21 AM
  #333
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,168
vCash: 50
F@CK OFF everything

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
  #334
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Phew...still frustrated that we lost. Have to say though, the Flames played great they should give themselves a pat on the back and take this as a lesson as to how they should play. Kipper....sigh.
Yea I can't even be that mad we worked the Hawks, I mean we out shoot them 73 (with 26 blocked shots), to 35 shots (16 blocked) Kipper wasn't great but the team was amazing. If we play like this normally we will win.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
  #335
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
F@CK OFF everything
It's just one game. Why you heff to be mad?

The hockey gods weren't kind to the Flames. Or to good ol' number 20.
At least we got a point. If we're going to lose to top 3 team, I'm happy to get away with a point.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:25 AM
  #336
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I have a lot less anger than I thought that I would.

It was a great game, the Flames dominated the Hawks for nearly a full 60 minutes.

If four posts go in instead of out (or Glencross doesn't have the most unlucky game of his career) we're celebrating.
Pretty much my thought, hard pill to swallow but if the Flames play like that all year they will lock down a playoff spot without question.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:25 AM
  #337
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
That's just how it goes sometimes, at the end of the day I gotta look at the whole game and the whole effort and say I'm not as pissed off about this one as some of you guys seem to be.
We have every reason to be pissed. This team could easily have a record over .500, They keep losing it late in the game, thats what makes it so frustrating. To watch your team do everything in its will to win and still lose, its disgusting. Id rather get blown out then lose like this, that way I don't get my hopes up for what has been a let down everytime.

We limited arguably the best team in the Western conference to 19 shot... 19 SHOTS, and we can't even get the W? thats what pisses me off. Sure lets just go ahead and say we played good. If we keep it up were gona be dangerous, no were not, we cant ****ing finish.. Getting "close" to winning is not gona push this team into the playoffs.

Sorry for my rant im just really discouraged right now

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:26 AM
  #338
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Pretty much my thought, hard pill to swallow but if the Flames play like that all year they will lock down a playoff spot without question.
Agreed. If they can play like this tonight, and if Kipper and our D can play a bit better, they will make the Playoffs.

Here's hoping.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
  #339
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 152
Shots on goal per game - 33.8 (2nd Most in the league)
Shots on goal against per game - 25.0 (2nd least in the league)

Yet we sit 2nd last in the league in points? Shoot me now.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:30 AM
  #340
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins
 
King Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,287
vCash: 500
While everyone is pissed, thank you Hawks fans for your condolences....

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:30 AM
  #341
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
We have every reason to be pissed. This team could easily have a record over .500, They keep losing it late in the game, thats what makes it so frustrating. To watch your team do everything in its will to win and still lose, its disgusting. Id rather get blown out then lose like this, that way I don't get my hopes up for what has been a let down everytime.

We limited arguably the best team in the Western conference to 19 shot... 19 SHOTS, and we can't even get the W? thats what pisses me off. Sure lets just go ahead and say we played good. If we keep it up were gona be dangerous, no were not, we cant ****ing finish.. Getting "close" to winning is not gona push this team into the playoffs.

Sorry for my rant im just really discouraged right now
Are you discouraged with the result or the effort? If its the result then its understandable but if they play like that they will win more often then they lose. If its the effort then I have no idea what you were expecting.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:31 AM
  #342
WhereIsIt
#gift
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
While everyone is pissed, thank you Hawks fans for your condolences....
And sorry for the rectal cancer comment, haha.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:32 AM
  #343
WhereIsIt
#gift
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Shots on goal per game - 33.8 (2nd Most in the league)
Shots on goal against per game - 25.0 (2nd least in the league)

Yet we sit 2nd last in the league in points? Shoot me now.
One might call that a... wait for it... "unsustainable shooting percentage"? Does this mean we are HFs darling underdogs now?

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 AM
  #344
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Are you discouraged with the result or the effort? If its the result then its understandable but if they play like that they will win more often then they lose. If its the effort then I have no idea what you were expecting.
This was their best effort of the season by far, Im pissed with this horrendus start to the season overall. We better be a good away team because we played already 20% of our home games and came out with just 4 points. Theres only 48 games, if this team is serious about making the playoffs its gona take alot more then just a good effort. We need some W's and we need them now.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 AM
  #345
FlamingTelepath
Registered User
 
FlamingTelepath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 375
vCash: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Are you discouraged with the result or the effort? If its the result then its understandable but if they play like that they will win more often then they lose. If its the effort then I have no idea what you were expecting.
This Flames team is absolutely the most offensively creative one in years. I agree that if they keep playing like this the goals will come (and the wins will come when Kipper gets his act together).

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:40 AM
  #346
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
The team has generally played hard all year. I'm questioning they're ability, not their heart. If this group can go out and put a decent effort every night, I'll be happy even if they lose.

I thought every Flames player was excellent tonight. Even Butler and Cammy played well.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:51 AM
  #347
flameaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Shots on goal per game - 33.8 (2nd Most in the league)
Shots on goal against per game - 25.0 (2nd least in the league)

Yet we sit 2nd last in the league in points? Shoot me now.
This means two things:

#1. The Flames are firing blanks. And,
#2. Kipper's playing like poo.

PS. We're not 2nd last in the league in points, we're tied for last!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:52 AM
  #348
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
This means two things:

#1. The Flames are firing blanks. And,
#2. Kipper's playing like poo.

PS. We're not 2nd last in the league in points, we're tied for last!
I stand corrected.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:54 AM
  #349
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
This means two things:

#1. The Flames are firing blanks. And,
#2. Kipper's playing like poo.

PS. We're not 2nd last in the league in points, we're tied for last!
Tied but we stay above last due games in hand

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:57 AM
  #350
flameaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Stat of the night (from P.J. Stock): The Flames had 7 hits all game!

Maybe if we threw some bodychecks we could wear the other team down. Pathetic.

At least we had our first fight tonight!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.