HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 - Your New Jerseyyyyyy Devilssss @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
It's going to be the 1st big game of the season. Time to see what this team is made of. Let's cut the crap, It's a convincing win in regulation and nothing less.
Agreed, and we can beat the **** out of this team. No offense to the lurking Isles fan, but any team we're playing is a target. And this is no first place team either. Let's not yield them any more points. If we show up to play, and cut down on mistakes we could blow this team out. Even with a mediocre lineup. Their defense is weak. I don't care if they've been scoring a lot of goals cause they been giving up a lot too.

Who's making the GDT?

Old
02-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Agreed, and we can beat the **** out of this team. No offense to the lurking Isles fan, but any team we're playing is a target. And this is no first place team either. Let's not yield them any more points. If we show up to play, and cut down on mistakes we could blow this team out. Even with a mediocre lineup. Their defense is weak. I don't care if they've been scoring a lot of goals cause they been giving up a lot too.

Who's making the GDT?
last time I ever do a GDT

Old
02-02-2013, 11:59 PM
CerebralGenesis

Like i said.

I can see volchenkov getting bought out over the summer. If they don't trade anyone and re up zidlicky then you need spacefor a kid and you aren't going to get a chance to shed a contract like that every day his replacement would be an ELC at that.

If our broke ass owner has money i won't be surprised.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Like i said.

I can see volchenkov getting bought out over the summer. If they don't trade anyone and re up zidlicky then you need spacefor a kid and you aren't going to get a chance to shed a contract like that every day his replacement would be an ELC at that.

If we use an amnesty buyout then Volchenkov is the odd man out. Might not be this Summer, but maybe the next. I really don't think we should re sign Zidlicky nor do I think we will anyway. He'll probably cost more than he's worth when we're trying to retain/sign forwards.

Though it is funny how when we talked about this two months ago some posters said ''No way we buy him out his contract isn't that bad, and we can't afford a buyout'' Now some of the same people are saying do away with him.

I don't see us using two, but I definitely think we use the one.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
If we use an amnesty buyout then Volchenkov is the odd man out. Might not be this Summer, but maybe the next. I really don't think we should re sign Zidlicky nor do I think we will anyway. He'll probably cost more than he's worth when we're trying to retain/sign forwards.

Though it is funny how when we talked about this two months ago some posters said ''No way we buy him out his contract isn't that bad, and we can't afford a buyout'' Now some of the same people are saying do away with him.

I don't see us using two, but I definitely think we use the one.
We have to many D-men that need to start getting NHL time starting next year. Zids will be redundant at that point, especially at any price he will be fetching. With Tally being the likely guy out on a trade, Greene, Fayne, Larrson, and Sal definitely staying. You maybe keep Volch and give the last spot to Urbom/Gelinas depending on who is still here after potential trades.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
We have to many D-men that need to start getting NHL time starting next year. Zids will be redundant at that point, especially at any price he will be fetching. With Tally being the likely guy out on a trade, Greene, Fayne, Larrson, and Sal definitely staying. You maybe keep Volch and give the last spot to Urbom/Gelinas depending on who is still here after potential trades.
That's fine with me. It would be cheaper and we can use that money on a forward. Can't complain about Tallinder this year, but I'd be psyched if we could spend his $3+ million on a forward.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Ill probably be at the game next Sunday if you go lemme know yo
I'd love to come back, had a blast yesterday despite the loss, but I probably won't be back due to the drive and cost of tickets.. I highly recommend it though to anyone looking to go to an away game

Old
02-03-2013, 08:35 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
But who has the offensive skills to make Zid's redundant?

Quote:
Like i said.

I'd like to see what trades go down, and how Volch plays the rest of the way first. But with 3 years remaining after this year? Yeah I could see a buyout.

Quote:
That's fine with me. It would be cheaper and we can use that money on a forward. Can't complain about Tallinder this year, but I'd be psyched if we could spend his $3+ million on a forward.
But we have cap space. $$$ does not seem to be the issue right now. It's more the distribution of talent between D and Fwd's that is skewed.

Closed Thread