HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aves 3 Oiles 1 || Play it cool... play it cool... WE'RE GONNA WIN THE CUP!!!!1

Old
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
pocketful
"We'll see"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
It looked like he was starting to shoot it when the buzzer went.

I've got to admit, really thought Hemsky brought it this game, silky smooth when he is on his game. Also thought Dubnyk came up huge against the Avs.
Hemsky had a good game and Dubnyk has been great for us outside of our embarrassing first period against the Sharks. Oh well,there is going to be growing pains for both our teams but it's going to be fun (and extremely frustrating) to watch.

pocketful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:01 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I'd like to see the Avs run this PP:

Stastny-Duchene-McGinn
EJ-Sgarbossa

Sgarbossa's puck control and patience may be exactly what the Avs are looking for on the PP, now give him so talent to get the job done. This opens up EJ for the off-side canon shot, let Stastny roll to the front or behind the net. Duchene controls the middle and left boards (where I think he has been really good). Keep McGinn off the puck as much as possible, let him skate around and get open for the shot (he's got a great one) or to crash the net.

Of course, having said that, we'll likely see:

Hejda-Stastny-Zanon
Duchene-EJ

on the PP next game.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:02 PM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Wholly **** you guys have a hard working team. Never woulda guessed this was there third game in 4 days. Outworked and outplayed tonight by your avs. Impressive win

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd love for the Avs to get Smid if he hits UFA. He'd fit in really well with the team IMO, and could give EJ the freedom to roam. That and he can actually skate. This is assuming the Avs can trade some of their excess defenders right now.
Agreed, and we can unload our D for picks/ or future LEM guys if needed. Plenty of teams would give up nonNHL guys for "proven" 5-7 defensemen, and Avs would sell on the cheap if its to make a spot for a clear upgrade.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
falconski
Unregistered User

I think that's the first game we've had more PPs since 2010-2011

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketful View Post
Hemsky had a good game and Dubnyk has been great for us outside of our embarrassing first period against the Sharks. Oh well,there is going to be growing pains for both our teams but it's going to be fun (and extremely frustrating) to watch.
Haha, I totally know what you mean. I'm glad I grew up a Nordiques fan, otherwise this may become very, very frustrating. Dubnyk has really impressed me as of late, thinking he can be the Oilers answer in goal.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
3-1 Avs, goals from Duchy, PAP, McLeod and Yakupov. EJ with a two assist game and Stastny gets injured blocking a shot.
Duchy created a goal... and EJ was a beast. Stastny got a goal instead of injured thankfully. But not a bad prediction all things considered.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Avs shopping list should include PP QB (oh how I miss you Liles) and someone that can play with EJ. EJ is seriously hampered out there playing with pylons, he is doing the job of two people (sometimes more as his D partner creates more work).

Old
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Avs shopping list should include PP QB (oh how I miss you Liles) and someone that can play with EJ. EJ is seriously hampered out there playing with pylons, he is doing the job of two people (sometimes more as his D partner creates more work).
in all fairness, Hunwick was at least not a liability out there today

unlike when his partner was SOB

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Wholly **** you guys have a hard working team. Never woulda guessed this was there third game in 4 days. Outworked and outplayed tonight by your avs. Impressive win
It's because they didn't even compete in the first 2 games

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

To stop any kind of silly speculation that Duchene somehow was disrespectful here:

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Much better effort from the avs, happy about the 2pts.

Varly was a solid when called upon. He could've had a shutout if his defenders had a brain.

EJ was fantastic but he seriously cannot shoot the puck. It's the only part of his game, that I have never been impressed by. It has never shown any signs of improvement either. He needs to spend like a whole offseason on just timing the puck to go through defenders either that or get someone who can blast the puck and let EJ be the set up man. It's reeking havoc on the PP( not the only problem),

Duchene oh my Duchene. This is the player that I saw the first 2 years in the NHL. It's become quite clear that defenders cannot handle his speed, he's creathing 2 or 3 semie/breakaways a game. He's a little snake bitten now in terms of cashing in on his chances but the goals will come and he'll explode offensively. His all around game has grown by leaps and bounds as well. Right now his defense is as if not more impressive than his offensive game. If there's a silver lining with ROR holding out it's that Duchene has to play a 200 feet game. He also went 16-8 on the FO cirlce who was that guy ripping on him before saying he should go back to playing wing? I'd also like to see Sacco maintain his ice time... not 25 mins but more 22-23.

Not sure why some of you guys are bashing Stastny today. He had probably his best game, a much better effort and jump to his game. I'm just surprised he shot in the empty net. Hopefully, he builds on this effort.

PAP he wasn't brought in to score but I'm not complaining. What a bad signing by Shermy eh Bricky?

I thought Hejda played a solid game and I think ROB will get his game back once he shakes off the rust.

I wouldn't plan the parade after this win but it's a step in the right direction. The PP needs a lot of work and please start with taking Duchene off the ****ing point moron. Just imagine the damage he could do down low, at his best? He'd probably have 5 goals by now.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
in all fairness, Hunwick was at least not a liability out there today

unlike when his partner was SOB
Yea, Hunwick looked alright today. I just feel like the Avs won't get the most out of EJ until he gets freed up from his defensive responsibilities a bit. Guy is a freakin' monster when he decides to lug the puck up the ice.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Landeslog

I don't understand Oil fans saying Duchene dove... When you skate that fast and work that hard and the only way to stop you is to drag you down with your stick you're gonna get calls. And I'm 100% sure Duchene would have rather had the unimpeded scoring chance than our God-awful powerplay so why dive.

Landeslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

I'm really sold on Sgarbossa's future as an NHLer. His hockey sense is off the charts and he doesn't seem to panic at all. I wish they'd play him with Mitchell/Hejduk and Stastny, and give him some regular minutes. I get the slow and steady approach, but at least put him in position to really succeed.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
To stop any kind of silly speculation that Duchene somehow was disrespectful here:

Whistle was around the same time and buzzer went off after he shot the puck.

Why Yakupov heff to be mad?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:14 PM
BoxOfChocolates

John Mitchell would be tied for 2nd on the Rangers with 6 points.

Ouch.

BoxOfChocolates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post

What people need to realize to is that the clock on the TV isn't what to go off of, its the buzzer and green light behind the net which is the officiall clock. Which didn't go off until about 2 seconds after the Altitude feed said the game was over. So really Duchene pretty much shot it right as the horn went off.

Pretty ridiculous move by Yakupov. The funny part is that if roles were reversed you know Yakupov would have shot it, and probably would have acted like he won the Cup, only to find out he was a little late.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
I'm really sold on Sgarbossa's future as an NHLer. His hockey sense is off the charts and he doesn't seem to panic at all. I wish they'd play him with Mitchell/Hejduk and Stastny, and give him some regular minutes. I get the slow and steady approach, but at least put him in position to really succeed.
Agreed, also really liked your PP thoughts.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
John Mitchell would be tied for 2nd on the Rangers with 6 points.

Ouch.
That's pretty funny considering how much talent they have. I bet their GM is kicking himself for letting him walk for nothing. Even if his scoring doesn't keep up, he is still an above average bottom 6 player, that is probably better the some of NYRs bottom 6 guys.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Oilers fans calling Duchene a dbag in their GDT

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Yep. He hasn't looked that out of place at all. He has very good hands and knows where to be on the ice. If he keeps playing this way, he will get more minutes.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Nice to see a domination win against these PP fairies.

+ Duchene probably played the game of his life tonight
+ EJ was dominate
+ Stastny was pretty good defensively
+ Kobasew had jump
+ PAP!!!!
+ Hunwick looked really solid today

- Hall still sucks
- ROB is like a train wreck carrying francium.
- McGinn not hitting the post/crossbar, gotta lead the league in this category.
- PP, OMG it was terrible

Oh I love Yapukov, but his ending "thing" with Duchene is pretty hypocritical.

Also there were some weak calls that went against Oilers, but we didn't score so they can't whine about it.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Oilers fans calling Duchene a dbag in their GDT
Jakovpov is the bigger DBag

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
chet1926

Quote:
I'm also glad that the Avs are playing him where they are. Often times with these young players they are asked to do too much. We are just giving him some controlled minutes and some PP time. And saying don't worry about scoring just give us some solid play and don't be a liability on defense. On a team where some of our key players out, its nice to see we're not adding extra pressure to a young kid.