HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capuano Featured Between Periods

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
  #1
ilovemarkmessier
Registered User
 
ilovemarkmessier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Capuano Featured Between Periods

Finally Capuano is getting some recognition for the job he has done here. Its been a huge turnaround from the Gordo and 9-0 losses to the Canadians with Mcrebound in net. Remember those days Isles Fans. Hats off to Cappy!

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
  #2
Bones45
Registered User
 
Bones45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Low Taxville
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 500
I didn't see the interview, nor yesterdays game -- but what exactly has Capuano done which deserves such praise?

Bones45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:53 AM
  #3
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Deer Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
This won't end well, sorry OP. I think Cappy brings a good attitude, he has really turned up the seriousness and criticality this year it seems. It feels like we have three firm, firey coaches on the bench which just might be what the doctor ordered.

5-5 has not been good but the forechecking overload system mixed with the Umbrella PP has been a good look for this team, love the aggressive PK too.

Before you all go "but that's all Weight and Thomspon" I'm sure Cappy has to sign off, and add input into the systems chosen. He seems to have the respect of everyone in the room which has been overall very tight since Cappy took over.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  #4
KyleBailey12
Registered User
 
KyleBailey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
Finally Capuano is getting some recognition for the job he has done here. Its been a huge turnaround from the Gordo and 9-0 losses to the Canadians with Mcrebound in net. Remember those days Isles Fans. Hats off to Cappy!
"Those days" don't seem much different than right now. I'm sorry, but Cappy isn't getting my praises until we make the playoffs. We have a winning record, but until this team can prove they can hold leads and take control of a 60 minute game, Cappy won't get my praise.

He's clearly a players coach and you can tell the team is buying his system. I'm not saying I'm completely against him and want him gone. I just think it's premature to reward him praise with a 4-3-1 record with 8GP in the season.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
  #5
13th Floor
Registered User
 
13th Floor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
"Those days" don't seem much different than right now. I'm sorry, but Cappy isn't getting my praises until we make the playoffs. We have a winning record, but until this team can prove they can hold leads and take control of a 60 minute game, Cappy won't get my praise.

He's clearly a players coach and you can tell the team is buying his system. I'm not saying I'm completely against him and want him gone. I just think it's premature to reward him praise with a 4-3-1 record with 8GP in the season.
Yea I agree with this. We are one game over .500. We are .500 in our division, with a little asterisk because one opponent got to OT against us, meaning we are giving up points to teams we will be chasing.

I think Capuano has done OK. Nothing better. The record is not solely on the coach. If Grabner buries a breakaway and we win that game, suddenly Capuano has done that much better? False. He still shows no ability to coach and adjust style of play on a high level. Losing leads, being outplayed 5 on 5 consistently, starting slowly, etc.

The only reason I bump him up to average is because of the hodgepodge, borderline movie-esque comedy of misfits that he has to work with.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:51 PM
  #6
thepeeve
Registered User
 
thepeeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Harwich Twp, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Yea I agree with this. We are one game over .500. We are .500 in our division, with a little asterisk because one opponent got to OT against us, meaning we are giving up points to teams we will be chasing.

I think Capuano has done OK. Nothing better. The record is not solely on the coach. If Grabner buries a breakaway and we win that game, suddenly Capuano has done that much better? False. He still shows no ability to coach and adjust style of play on a high level. Losing leads, being outplayed 5 on 5 consistently, starting slowly, etc.

The only reason I bump him up to average is because of the hodgepodge, borderline movie-esque comedy of misfits that he has to work with.
Good points. We get blinded by the happiness wins give us. I think this team is still one veteran away from being better than .500. Without that veteran, I fear another of our legendary losing streaks that cost the season.
We are closer but still weak. Our 5 on 5 play proves this.

thepeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.