HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capuano Featured Between Periods

Old
02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
ilovemarkmessier

vCash: 500
Capuano Featured Between Periods

Finally Capuano is getting some recognition for the job he has done here. Its been a huge turnaround from the Gordo and 9-0 losses to the Canadians with Mcrebound in net. Remember those days Isles Fans. Hats off to Cappy!

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Bones45

I didn't see the interview, nor yesterdays game -- but what exactly has Capuano done which deserves such praise?

Bones45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:53 AM
xECK29x

This won't end well, sorry OP. I think Cappy brings a good attitude, he has really turned up the seriousness and criticality this year it seems. It feels like we have three firm, firey coaches on the bench which just might be what the doctor ordered.

5-5 has not been good but the forechecking overload system mixed with the Umbrella PP has been a good look for this team, love the aggressive PK too.

Before you all go "but that's all Weight and Thomspon" I'm sure Cappy has to sign off, and add input into the systems chosen. He seems to have the respect of everyone in the room which has been overall very tight since Cappy took over.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
Finally Capuano is getting some recognition for the job he has done here. Its been a huge turnaround from the Gordo and 9-0 losses to the Canadians with Mcrebound in net. Remember those days Isles Fans. Hats off to Cappy!
"Those days" don't seem much different than right now. I'm sorry, but Cappy isn't getting my praises until we make the playoffs. We have a winning record, but until this team can prove they can hold leads and take control of a 60 minute game, Cappy won't get my praise.

He's clearly a players coach and you can tell the team is buying his system. I'm not saying I'm completely against him and want him gone. I just think it's premature to reward him praise with a 4-3-1 record with 8GP in the season.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
"Those days" don't seem much different than right now. I'm sorry, but Cappy isn't getting my praises until we make the playoffs. We have a winning record, but until this team can prove they can hold leads and take control of a 60 minute game, Cappy won't get my praise.

He's clearly a players coach and you can tell the team is buying his system. I'm not saying I'm completely against him and want him gone. I just think it's premature to reward him praise with a 4-3-1 record with 8GP in the season.
Yea I agree with this. We are one game over .500. We are .500 in our division, with a little asterisk because one opponent got to OT against us, meaning we are giving up points to teams we will be chasing.

I think Capuano has done OK. Nothing better. The record is not solely on the coach. If Grabner buries a breakaway and we win that game, suddenly Capuano has done that much better? False. He still shows no ability to coach and adjust style of play on a high level. Losing leads, being outplayed 5 on 5 consistently, starting slowly, etc.

The only reason I bump him up to average is because of the hodgepodge, borderline movie-esque comedy of misfits that he has to work with.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:51 PM
thepeeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Yea I agree with this. We are one game over .500. We are .500 in our division, with a little asterisk because one opponent got to OT against us, meaning we are giving up points to teams we will be chasing.

I think Capuano has done OK. Nothing better. The record is not solely on the coach. If Grabner buries a breakaway and we win that game, suddenly Capuano has done that much better? False. He still shows no ability to coach and adjust style of play on a high level. Losing leads, being outplayed 5 on 5 consistently, starting slowly, etc.

The only reason I bump him up to average is because of the hodgepodge, borderline movie-esque comedy of misfits that he has to work with.
Good points. We get blinded by the happiness wins give us. I think this team is still one veteran away from being better than .500. Without that veteran, I fear another of our legendary losing streaks that cost the season.
We are closer but still weak. Our 5 on 5 play proves this.

thepeeve is offline   Reply With Quote